Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Goldschmidt may be wishing he had signed somewhere else. He’s 31 and probably only has 3-4 good years left.
Uh oh.
They really need to take 2 of 3 from the Dodgers……
Well, We’ll see. As long as they don’t fall further out than 3-4 games there’s still a legitimate chance.
Sure, we’ll always have 2011 but how often will something like that happen?
If you look at the pitching and hitting numbers being in or near first place in the division is a miracle.
Should the Cards make the playoffs they will get caught on both sides of the pitching squeeze.
Starting rotations get cut to basically the top 3 starters. For now, I don’t see either a number 1 or a number 2 pitcher on the Cardinals staff.
Maybe Hudson and Flaherty grow into those roles but what starting pitcher do we have that’s better than the 3 on a real playoff caliber team?
Need a bounce back game today if they have it in them.
Time for the Cubs to lose too.
If the Cards can get out of LA no more than 1 1/2 out that’ll keep them in contact.
Well, that was a regular ass whipping there.
Always enjoy beating the Cubs.
I hope Schildt is very thoughtful about introducing Molina and Carpenter back into mix; especially 1-24 on his rehab Carpenter.
I think they know; the numbers don’t lie.
I just think they botched whatever deals they were looking at and maybe were looking at guys they were never going to be able to get….
I think the FO has lost it’s fastball. They’re scared to act.
This team could use hitting and pitching. I am really surprised they did absolutely nothing.
If they don’t win the division heads have got to roll – not that winning this divisions will be all that great this season….
Nice way to start the series.
Puigs bat would have looked great in our line up.
Looking at the numbers (batting and pitching) I don’t see how this team is winning but I’ll take it.
The next couple of weeks will tell us what these Cardinals are made of.
Been a real good run since the ASB. Houston looks like a tall order over the weekend but it’s at home and the team is red hot and riding high. This beats the hell out of the heaping helping of .500 baseball we’ve been treated to for most of 4 years.
I hope the lads can keep it up and roll on.
Today’s lineup is as light a hitting bunch as can be imagined. I’m sure Flaherty is just thrilled.
Now watch them go collect 20 hits and a dozen runs, lol.
The Cards are (somehow) right in the thick of the Division and Wild Card races.
Of course, the WC (particularly the 2nd slot) will go to a pretty average team and is designed to keep teams and more importantly their fans that may be getting smoked in their respective division races something to be interested in.
That’s a winner.
Yep.
Get the win today and grind on.
Hopefully the boys ate their Wheaties this morning.
We went from 1987 to 2004 between World Series appearances and from 1968 to 1982 although the split season in 1981 screwed us.
Still the mediocrity year after year is beginning to have that lost in the baseball wilderness feel to it…
Hopefully, this is the beginning of ‘the hot streak’ that will put this team over the hump.
We shall see.
On one hand I’d like to see him traded to a contender and get a prospect or two. On the other hand the Cardinals are still in contention even at 46-45.
He’s been a great Cardinal so, in this case, I’d be for letting him have a lot of input in how and where he finishes his career.
The division is underperforming to this point for sure.
Cardinals are in a tough spot.
If they were 10-12 games out and well under .500 they could start dumping dead weight and play prospects.
As it is, they are hovering at .500 and right in the thick of the divisional race. Do they fish or cut bait?
Almost any decision is justifiable. Personally, I think a rebuild is on order but I don’t have much confidence in either the FO or the current manager. To be fair to Schildt though, what does he have to work with?
Damn.
Born in 63, I missed the great Cardinal teams of the 60’s but we all know who the players were and what they mean to the franchise.
Prayers for Gibson and his family.
As long as the Cards can hover at .500 and stay inside of 5 games of the division lead, anything can happen.
Carpenter, Molina, and Wainwright are pretty much done.
The biggest question I have is: Do the Cardinals actually have young core players to build around or are we looking at a complete teardown and multi-year rebuild?
For 3 years I’ve been saying I’d love to get the Cubs GM and manager. See what they could do over a 4-5 year period.
So far, no one is running away with the division. All we need is one good hot streak to be right there.
Don’t know that winning this division will mean all that much BUT never forget 2006.
You can really say that the Cubs, Brewers, and Cardinals are all underperforming to this point in the season.
Maybe the boys need to stick around after the games, play some cards, pound some beer, and build a little chemistry?
The Cardinals are in a really, really strange place from the FO to the roster to the manager.
I’ve followed them closely since the late 70’s and starting with the second half of 2015 through today it’s been pretty blah baseball for the most part.Carp, Wainwright, and Molina don’t have much tread left and some of the younger players just seem lost and rudderless.
I had thought this season would be back on track after watching all the young starting pitching close out last season. I figured there were 8-9 guys to pick your 5 man rotation from but it hasn’t panned out (yet).
The pitching may yet sort itself out; maybe not this season but I’m still hopeful. It’s the lack of anything like consistent offensive production that has me really concerned.
If you squint your eyes at it you could almost take the same roster into next season; maybe add a bat and, if all the pieces fell into place have yourself a playoff team (see April of this year).
I sure don’t have the answers but I’m happy to join the conversation here.
-
AuthorPosts
