StL 2019 Game 130 thread: Sun 8/25 vs. Rockies

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 130 thread: Sun 8/25 vs. Rockies

This topic contains 75 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by Avatar forsch31 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

Hope Helsley is already stretching, Wacha doesn’t look good at all.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Goldy bailed out Fowler there. Fowler should have scored on the Edman double but he was jogging. Maybe he thought it was going out. Even Danny Mac noticed.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

EDman and Goldschmidt with 2 out hits make it 6-2 good guys.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Boy, 74 pitches in 3 innings for Wacha is less than ideal.

Not to be outdone…the Rockies pitchers have already thrown 66 pitches in two innings. Might be a slugfest at Busch today.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nice dinger by Marp. He needs a couple of multi hit games to get some confidence back.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wacha was acceptable but nothing more. Decent strikeout stuff but not too efficient. Helsley cleans up the 5th and it’s 7-3 Cards halfway home.

In other news, the Cubs now trail the Nats 7-5 in the bottom of the 11th.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cubs lose! Cubs lose!

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

You don’t want to be playing the Nats now. They just polished off their sweep of the cubs. Hopefully the Nats will cool off by mid-September.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Dexter with yet another pop up double that plates two and makes it a 9-3 lead.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

CiF, Pugs and others would enjoy to note that I’m snapping beans as I watch the Cards score their 10th run tonight. Marp now with his 3rd hit today…that’s the kind of Marp we could use down the stretch.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wow … cannot believe Bader missed that one

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thomas gets the run back!

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nice yard work by Lane Thomas to make it 11-4. I’d like to see Marp bat with a shot to go 4-4. Jimmy noted that he was looking a lot more balanced at the plate.

colhusker
    colhusker
    Participant

Free

How long do the Cardinals keep running Wacha out there for 4-5 innings of work?

colhusker
    colhusker
    Participant

Free

Nice job of settling in by Brebbia

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

How long do the Cardinals keep running Wacha out there for 4-5 innings of work?

I’d have to think til the season ends. He’s been ok… not great but ok, and Helsley or Ponce will be able to piggyback with him I’d think each start.

colhusker
    colhusker
    Participant

Free

I’d have to think til the season ends. He’s been ok… not great but ok, and Helsley or Ponce will be able to piggyback with him I’d think each start.

Going to have to hope so. He just does not go deep enough as a starter.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

One out to go for Brebbia! He was shaky in his first inning but lights out here in the 9th. He gets McMahon to pop up and the brooms are out!! 11-4 Cards and a 2.5 game lead.

colhusker
    colhusker
    Participant

Free

Great weekend for the Cards

CardsRedSox4Ever
    CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

I haven’t seen this level of confidence in our guys in 4 years. Granted, the Rockies aren’t the 50’s Yankees, but a 4-0 sweep is good by any measure. Brewers series is critical for them, important for us, so expect urgency on their part. Will be fun to watch. Go Cards!

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

CIF wrote:
    <Damn rain, making me watch the (ick) Cubs (1-!) in the 6th.>

I was recording the Little League World Series also and that game started on time so I watched it until the end and the Cards had just got started so it worked out nicely. That LL Championship team from New Orleans sure was a great hitting and fielding team. They deserved the win and brought the championship to the US (or returned it I guess – Hawaii won it last year). One of the New Orleans kids set a LL WS record with 17 hits in the series and the rest didn’t miss any either.

Happy with the Cards game. Even Mr Carp is showing signs of life again and it will be needed if Kolten stays out for any amount of time. Sorry to see Wacha pulled one out short of a win but I guess that is the way the game is played today. To leave him him may have resulted in a slippery slope and Helsley shut it down quick.

ZTR
    ZTR
    Participant

Free

Need to keep it up and go ahead and bury Milwaukee now.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I am looking at Wacha as an “opener” from this point forward. The Cards really do not have any real options at this point. You hope he can provide four to five good innings and then a long reliever takes over. The concern with this approach is the the first inning has been troublesome for Wacha.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Wacha didn’t pitch neccessarily bad but your starter has to go more than 4.2 IP. Good game for Carp. I really hope this is the start of something really positive from him. He looked like a different hitter today than he has all season.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A starter who can give you only 4 innings and usually gets lit up in the 1st inning? And the organization has no viable replacement? Seems hard to believe. A lot of great things happening though. “Kid” Edman is the real deal and should never enter Memphis airspace ever again. We have seen a lot of young promising Cardinal position players get a taste of the show during this past year, but this kid’s star shines brightest of them all. There’s no coincidence that this team’s vastly improved play started with this young man’s promotion……and of course Flaherty and Hudson seeing the light and becoming lights out.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 76 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years