StL 2019 Game 107 thread: Tue 7/30 vs. Cubs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 107 thread: Tue 7/30 vs. Cubs

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

After Monday’s day off…
    7:15 p.m. RHP Adam Wainwright (7-7, 4.63) vs. RHP Yu Darvish (3-4, 4.54) FS Midwest // MLB Network // KMOX // WIJR

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

I will be at this one. Any TCNers in the area want to meet up for a beer before the game, let me know. I will be kicking around Ballpark Village and taking in the HOF during the day.

What are the best places to hang for pregame festivities.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This is a big series. The team needs to get right back on the series winning horse to wrest control of the NL Central back from the Cubs. Darvish-Hendricks-Lester going, so there are some nemesises to face. The Cubs have not been good on the road at all this year so the Cards need to take advantage.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Darvish-Hendricks-Lester going, so there are some nemesises to face.

Cards need to get the first one because, counter to the cubs road record this year, Hendricks and Lester have seemed to enjoy pitching in Busch 3 over their careers. Lester is 4-1 lifetime with .656 OPS. Hendricks is 3-1 with .664 OPS.

Of the current Cardinals, Ozuna, Molina, Gyorko, and Goldy have good numbers against Lester. How fitting that three of them are on the IL? On the other side of the coin, a couple other injured players, Carp and Fowler, have been dreadful against Lester.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cubs are one of the worst teams in baseball on the road but one of the best teams at home. That is reflective in the season series this year against the Cardinals. The home team is 9-0 thus far. Let’s hope that trend continues.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

No suggestions for pre-game places? I will just look around on my own then, and see what looks fun. Nice day here this morning! Have not been to a live Cardinal game in St. Louis since 2009, which was a game where Chris Carpenter dominated Houston and hit a triple to drive in a run as well! A real rarity – I think the Cards won that one 2-1, as Matt Holliday also hit a solo shot the opposite way early in the contest.

Looking forward to checking out the Village – it was not there back in ’09. If anyone sees me wandering around, stop and say hi. I will be the guy in the Cardinal hat. 🙂

14NyquisT
    Participant

Bike… first Busch game in 10 years… I hope that you have a great time. I guess anyone else that’s going will spot you easily. Bring us a winner.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Thanks Ny! Let’s hope so, on the winner that is. I have probably seen 25-30 or so games in St. Louis over my lifetime, and I just thinking back I think the club probably has a losing record with me in attendance.

But in road games, it seems the Cards usually win when I am there.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

To my shame, I have never been to a game in St Louis. I’ve seen the team probably 15-20 times in Pittsburgh and I think they’ve only lost 3-4 of those games. I remember one of those at the old Three Rivers. Big Mac hit #52 in 1998 and the Cards had three other homers but lost 14-4. Ha.

Anyway, hope the Cards crush the Cubs three in a row. Time for payback for the last series in Chicago.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

As long as we win one of these three games I will be satisfied. The Cubs are eventually going to hit a hot streak here in the 2nd half and win several in a row and/or 13 of 15. The one advantage we have the rest of the year is that we only have to go to Wrigley one more time this year. That’s pretty much three guaranteed losses.

I’m heading to the Dubois County Bombers playoff game tonight so I wont be watching. I’ll check the score every now and then.

r/Esteemed Rat

Wooster
    Participant

Free

To me this is a pretty big game tonight. Hope to set the tone for the series.Waino has the pitches but hes got to have the rythmn. Been losing it lately. We will need some scoring again. I guess Darvish has been doing better and has 2.0 era in his last 3 games. Overall they seem to be rather even though Chicago has not been winning on the road. So lets make that our advantage tonight and win this one! Go Cardinals! Oh yeah, watch out for Schwarber, he pretty much carried them against Milwaukee last week.Go Cardinals again!

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

1. Tommy Edman (S) 3B
    2. Dexter Fowler (S) CF
    3. Jose Martinez (R) RF
    4. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    5. Paul DeJong (R) SS
    6. Kolten Wong (L) 2B
    7. Tyler O’Neill (R) LF
    8. Matt Wieters (S) C
    9. Adam Wainwright (R) P

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We know Rosscup was just a depth move. I guess Mejia is also except Mejia is going onto the 25 man roster.

I am not seeing much to get excited about here unless they are hoping to catch lightning in a bottle or just looking for any fresh arm to tide us over for a few days.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Thought I read something about an ex Cardinal pitcher bought from the Dodgers. A lefty also.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Yea thats it Gsvottar, Rosscup!

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m not sure that’s even worth announcing on Twitter. This would seem to indicate that the trade market is proving unfruitful.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think you are correct stl25. The asking prices must be astronomical. If Arizona is asking for Gorman to get Ray then I am telling them they better put Peralta in the deal also.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

There’s no way I’d give up Gorman for any Ray or anyone the Dbacks are offering. But maybe that is what they are hoping for.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Ahh I believe that’s what we call the Mo Special. Low hanging fruit castaway by other contending teams.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

In other Cardinals’ news that seems intriguing:

Also, Jeff Jones may not have the blue check mark but he’s a pretty trusted writer and he’s in the locker room a lot. (Also, last I checked the Amarillo Sod Poodles still didn’t have a blue check mark either)

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Sounds like wheels may be turning

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sounds like the wheels are grinding. lol

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Does this make us even (Angels got our “Albert in 2012 and now we pickup their “albert”)? This game tonight has 7-4 Birds written all over it. No way our team is going to surrender 1st place after only having it for a cup of coffee.

Hey BicycleMike. If I were within 3 hours of Busch right now, I’d be coming your way to have a few cold ones with you.

And to The Esteemed Rat. I know it’s a playoff game, but it’s pretty darn lame opting for a Dubois County Bombers game over a game with our arch rivals….lame!

Din-din tonight is spaghetti with full Italian sausages, Hungarian garlic bread, fruit salad and lemonade.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 75 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years