StL 2019 Game 110 thread: Sat 8/3 at A’s

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 110 thread: Sat 8/3 at A’s

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

After Friday’s travel day…
    8:07 p.m. RHP Dakota Hudson (10-5, 3.88) vs. RHP Mike Fiers (9-3, 3.54) FOX Sports Midwest // MLB Network // KMOX

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Weird to have a Friday off. Hopefully the momentum from beating the Cubs can roll over to the West Coast. If the Cards can somehow go 3-2 on this trip it would be big.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Lead now only 1/2 game as the Cubs down the Brewers at Wrigley 6-2.

Need to at least split in Oakland and then grab at least one in Dodger Stadium next week. Kershaw is going on Tuesday night but I don’t think he’s quite the pitcher he was 2-3 years ago.

r/Esteemed Rat

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Looks to me like hes put on some weight. The A’s haven’t been blowing anybody away. Fiers is good but has been bolstered by his defense much like us. If Hudson has a good game and we get some offense it could be very close. Go Cardinals!

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I am not a fan of Friday nights without baseball. I hope the idiot schedulers don’t make this a trend.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I would guess that Ozuna will be back in the lineup tonight. He has hit well in his minor league rehab stint. Hopefully he can help the offense out. Once again, it will come down to Hudson’s ability to keep the ball in the yard. I don’t see a ton of runs scored in this game, maybe a 4-3, 3-2 type game. It would be nice if the Cards came out on top.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

O’Neill’s month of starting: .286/.330/.451 for a 105 wRC+. His K rate was 28.9% and his walk rate was 6.2%. Combined with typically good defense and he was solid. I’d take that in LF next year with the hope that he improves the plate discipline numbers a little bit and provides some decent pop as a replacement for Ozuna and the delicious sandwich pick.

Bw52
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Tyler ONeill did okay during his chance.Positive steps IMHO.Now get everyone healthy maybe Carpenter can remember what a bat is used for and Molina realizes he isnt 25 years old anymore (And Schildt grows a pair and manages Molina instead of YM playing at manager).

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cardinals have been responding pretty darn well to revenge games and series’ all year. So with this firmly in mind, they should win this ballgame tonight. I’ll call this one 6-3 Birds with Edman reaching the left field raters. Could this be the game where I finally predict the score perfectly??? I sure am overdue. Once I nail that first perfect score, it should lay the groundwork for a whole fistfull of them…..I’m thinking somewhere in the neighborhood of calling 7-9 games to complete and utter perfection. Go Birds!

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Here it is Saturday afternoon and my posts wont work so I am typing this.

r/Esteemed Rat

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Cubs down Milwaukee 4-1 today. Tied for 1st going into tonight’s game.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Yairo Munoz is the best outfielder on the team.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

How do bat Munoz 8th? And leave Wong in the lower third of the order where he flourishes. The higher you bat the guy the worse he hits….if you elevate Wong, he’ll wilt on you. I’m surprised no dinner entrees have been unleashed as of yet. Pugs’ din-din for tonight? With the wifey in Minneapolis shopping with her sisters, I’ll be feasting with the kings….2 A&W chili dogs smothered in raw onions, regular hamburger with mustard, raw onions and pickles, onion rings dipped in ranch, reg. A&W root beer and a big chocolate sundae….hold the raw onions on the sundae.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Pugs,
    I gave my Saturday afternoon dinner menu in my longer post but I kept getting the error message again and it wouldn’t work.

r/Esteemed Rat

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Pugs, Munoz is batting 9th because they are playing in an AL park.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thanks BlackHills…..forgot about the DH tonight. Get your error message issue fixed, Rat! We’re just dying to see your dinner menu tonight….(cough cough)….2 cheeseburgers on the grill, bbq chips, diet Mt. Dew, Hershey almond candy bar and of course Rat’s Amish restaurant cherry pie.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

And let us not forget the Palma Real stoggie.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

In his Reds debut, Trevor Bauer couldn’t get through five innings. Three runs in and two more on base (later stranded). They cut away when the manager came out to pull him.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Not gettin’ the game on tv tonight so I’ll be checkin’ in periodically.Wow that was a hard word but I got it. Had should steaks again cooked w Italian dressing, extra broad egg noodles and butter w cauliflower and brocoli tops in butter. Orange juice mixed w seltzer water(try it) and honey grahmns w chunky peanut butter for desert. Go Cardinals!

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Dakota Hudson may not make it through 4 innings.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hey Wooster. Never thought I’d see it, but you may rival CardinalinFrance in delectable dinners. Mrs. Wooster vs Mrs. CardinalinFrance in a cook off would be one for the ages. What % of seltzer do you mix with your OJ?

Cards find themselves on the shortside of a 2-0 ballgame with Oakland batting in the bottom of the 2nd with runners on 2d & 3rd and no outs. NOT LOOKING GOOD……but I still like us in this game.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wow….Fiers is on fire. If Munoz can’t hit him, then none of our boys can. But Munoz coaxs the 1 out walk here. DP takes care of things. Have to find a way to get Fiers out of this game….other than the A’s amassing a double digit lead. 4-0 Bad Guys heading to the Oakland 3rd.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hudson averaging 31 pitches an inning thus far. Looks like BlackHills’ 4 inning prediction was about right. Four Houston hurlers combined for a 9-0 no-no this evening . How is any team going to beat those guys in the playoffs with three #1 starters and a couple #2’s??? And a Murder’s Row batting lineup to boot. Barring a host of major injuries to those guys, you can all but crown those guys right here and now.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.