StL 2019 Game 143 thread: Sun 9/8 at Pirates

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 143 thread: Sun 9/8 at Pirates

This topic contains 75 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by Avatar GACard 5 days, 8 hours ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

12:35 p.m. RHP Jack Flaherty (9-7, 3.14) vs. RHP Mitch Keller (1-3, 8.18) FOX Sports Midwest // KMOX

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I am just curious here.

Anybody else think Tommy Edman reminds them of Tommy Herr?

r/Esteemed Rat

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

And in case anyone missed it. Javier Baez out indefinitely with a fractured thumb.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Is this the game where we score more than 1 run for Flaherty?

Wooster
    Participant

Free

If we get some runs with Flaherty we should win this game. Marvel was lights out last time he pitched, in the Minors. Rookie pitcher alert? Never seen Edman with long hair so I don’t know about Tommy Herr Rats. Great game by our Cardinals last night. Go Cardinals!

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

I used to think highly of Ted Barrett but after seeing him as an HPU a couple of times this season I have to rank him right up there with the worse on consistency of calling pitches in and out of the strike zone. Even Angel Hernandez is a better HPU as is Joe West. I often wonder why ballplayers are usually gone by age 38-40 but umpires never seem to retire until they are taken away in a box.

Matt Carpenter has found his niche. Pinch hit and then get a pinch runner. Seems to work well.

Arizona is starting to bother me. They are hot to trot for a Wild Card and we meet them at their house just before we come home for the last 3 of the season with the Cubs. Hope they get sunk before then.

Go Jack Go. GO CARDS.

14NyquisT

Paid - Annual

Parker Markel will be starting:

https://www.mlb.com/player/parker-markel-571917

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pirates must be doing bullpen game, or opener. Markel pitched the ninth inning last night.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

<14NyquisT wrote:

Parker Markel will be starting:>

Ahh yes but will Sparkle Farkel be relieving?

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

We’re just about to sit down to an early dinner of CIF’s famous three-alarm chili with a bit of brown rice and cornbread so as to give me enough time to get back to the computer screen for the first pitch.
    Let’s polish off these Pirates with another game like last night’s then move on to Denver to give those Rockies what for.
    Rah Cardinals.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

The only series that really worries me from here to the end is the Arizona series. It is played at D’Backs stadium and is the last series before the final 3 with the Cubs. The D’Backs are currently on a hot streak and vying for a wild card. Wouldn’t they love to knock us off? I know the Brewers, Cubs and Nats series will be dogfights and so does the team but they may layback on the DBacks. Hope not.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Mm3,
    I am hoping and praying that in the next two weeks the D’backs cool off and are not really in contention when we head to Arizona.

Man, do we have a tough schedule from here on out. Cubs twice, Nats, Brewers, Rockies at their place, Arizona. If we win this division or a wild card we will have earned it.

I am praying for another Milwaukee win today over the Cubs.

r/Esteemed Rat

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I can see that Rat. Herr is one of my favorite Cardinals ever along with Jack the Ripper (yes his private life has been a shambles but he was a great cleanup hitter).

Edman seems to have a little more power and speed than Herr and more defensive flexibility but there are some similarities. Good defenders, switch hitter, always will give you a professional at bat. If Edman has a career anywhere close to Tommy Herr (who should be in the Cardinal HOF) then sign me up!

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Man, do we have a tough schedule from here on out. Cubs twice, Nats, Brewers, Rockies at their place, Arizona. If we win this division or a wild card we will have earned it.

Absolutely Rat. Our schedule the rest of the year is brutal. It is going to be difficult to hold this lead.

Carter
    Carter
    Participant

Free

r/Esteemed Rat

Hmmm….it’s been so long. Gonna go to You Tube and see if I can find some Herr highlights. I wonder why Herr is a forgotten Card? He’s never at the functions.

Carter
    Carter
    Participant

Free

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Maybe every time Flaherty pitches, they should announce Lance Lynn is pitching. Seemed like we were up 4 runs in the first or second inning often when he pitched.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

As far the Howard Ehmke reference the other day, it’s interesting that he hit the most batters in the league 5 times.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

3 Alarm Chili & cornbread ( one of my favorite basketball players as a kid was a non-Buck (Celtic) special talent by the name of “Cornbread Maxwell”) , with some red vino to wash it all down in both style and class, sounds like a marvelous din-din, CardinalinFrance!

Go Birds!

Carter
    Carter
    Participant

Free

Ozuna gets a safety!

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

c’mon are we going to give Flaherty some help today or not?

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

An opposite field double for Carp.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Milwaukee all over the cubs this afternoon at Miller….it’s 1-0 Crew in the 2nd.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Bader singles in Carp, Flaherty bunts him over! Soft ground out. Cardinals up 1-0. Tight game so far.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Hey Pugs, whats for dinner today?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 76 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years