StL 2019 Game 107 thread: Tue 7/30 vs. Cubs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 107 thread: Tue 7/30 vs. Cubs

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Need to add on!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 7. Rowan Wick center stage for Chicago.

Wieters – Strikes out swinging.

Munoz – Slithers a grounder right out to Baez at short who will scoop it on up and fling it on over to Rizzo for the second out of the inning.

Edman – Strikes out and Mr. Wick just pulled off a great impression this inning of Gallegos from over in the other dugout.

Cards 2
    cubs 1

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

No walks Miller! And that goes for all other relievers in red. Welcome back stlcard25….. wondering where you were on this fine tueday evening. So far so good as Miller easily sends the first 2 cub batters back to their dugout with negative thoughts.

RememberDiz
    Participant

Free

Why didn’t Goldschmidt come home on Wong’s fly ball to center in the fourth? Not deep enough?

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yes … fly ball not deep enough
    Yes … too many walks tonight

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Miller walks Caratini and I don’t want to see this guy in this situation. Let’s stay with the action shall we?

Schwarber – Walks and now Miller is just begging for difficulties….and that will necessitate a pitching change…Carlos is coming.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Redbirds need to add on!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Glad they pulled Miller right away. Hes been so good lately too. Good to see a calm Martinez. Got em! We bat then one more inning, almost there!

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Just got back from the Dubois County Bombers game. They are headed to the Ohio Valley League championship series!

I see we are ahead 2-1. Can we hang on???

r/Esteemed Rat <~~~~who will be watching Cannon late tonight while he has a hot dog, a piece of chocolate cream pie, and a Palma Real cigar.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Need Carlos to close it out!

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That’s a winner! Carlos gets a four out save!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Who cares about this game! Dubois County Bombers going to the dance!! Hey Rat…..if you put me as the beneficiary, I’ll pay your insurance policy plus a little jingle to boot. Richard Simmons would kick your butt if he knew what you were eating and smoking every day. But you know, I’m no one to talk as I just improved my diet this year. If you ever get up this way, we’ll both go out and eat and smoke like kings, Rat!

Carlos with a perfecto 9th….Birds back where they belong, nestled in 1st.

RememberDiz
    Participant

Free

Wainwright, Gallegos, Martinez, and Goldschmidt had good nights.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Darvish pitched his heart out too, RememberDiz…..but it wasn’t good enough as he gets saddled with the loss….sweet! When I coached t-ball, I always tried to drive home the adage….”1st place is the only place to be”!! Nuts to tie ball games or not keeping score….that jazz will create one thing ….a pack of losers and all of our young children in the world are one thing and one thing only…..winners!

Thegreyghost
    Participant

Free

What a wonder a few days off does for Martinez….he was lights out tonight

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Huh, you mean to tell me that Martinez is really good when he’s not pitching 7 games out of 11?

Mind blowing!

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Also, Waino should only be allowed to start games at Busch.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Good team win, 2 runs on 7 hits. Looked pretty even to me. Somebody said they are superior to us? Didn’t look that way to me. Thought our LH batters would do better though.Go Cardinals!

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Nice way to start the series.

Puigs bat would have looked great in our line up.

Looking at the numbers (batting and pitching) I don’t see how this team is winning but I’ll take it.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Reminds you of 2015 a bit with the batting eh?

Brewers just tied it in the 9th with a Thames blast/

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

One of the better Cardinal games I have seen live, given the situation and all. A great all-around day as I hit the Hall of Fame in the morning, then walked down to a place called “Four Hands Brewing” for lunch.

Kicked around the arch area for a good part of the day, then Ballpark Village for a little pre-game revelry and some good back-and-forth bantering with those Cubs fans. They are out in force and were all over the place yesterday. Kris Bryant was certainly wrong, as his own team’s fans do not find St. Louis boring.

Per my phone app I walked 6.7 miles yesterday. Today it’s back in the car for a trip up to Chicago for the National Sports Collectibles Convention.

The game felt a little like 1985, as I was in Chicago and here when the Cards started surging in June after a slow start. It had that same feel about it. The Cubs had won in ’84, and started hot in ’85 but the Cardinals came out of nowhere and put it together.

This team needs to hit more though. Seeing the lineup on the scoreboard where it just shows the batting averages, and you wonder how we are atop the division. Seems like the entire club is made up of .250 hitters, but they hustle, play defense, turn on pitches on occasion, and have a solid bullpen.

I was impressed with the outfield play. You do not think of O’Neill, Fowler and Martinez as defensive wizards, but they got to balls and even Jose showed a good arm. Waino was real sharp early, then lost it around the 5th inning but hung in there. Gallegos has been great every time out, and taken the spot Gant had occupied earlier in the season.

The key play in the game was Weiters gunning down Heyward on the steal attempt. The Cubs likely would have at least scored one there, and maybe more.

Heyward looked good in his approach at the plate. He seemed to mainly try and put the ball in play, and did just that all night.

Alright, need to get one of these next two!

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That was a really nice, crisp game. Seemed like an old school game. Defense and pitching can still win games.

Goldy, Waino, and CMart were good but I have to give player of the game to Gallegos. He has been a life saver this year.

Ex-Cardinal Rowan Wick looked good for the Cubs.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Good win for the Cards last night. Those are the kind of games the Cards used to win with regularity…pitch and play good defense and let your opponent make the mistake. Now let’s win the next two and knock the Cubs into 3rd place!

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Notice that the Cubs have four players that were former Cardinals – Heyward, Wick, Descalso and Chisek. But two were only one year with the Cards and one was a minor leaguer. Descalso has paid his dues around MLB but I don’t think the Cubs are that happy with him.

Just noticed that the Aug 7th game has been taken away from FS Midwest and given to YouTube. That is the Dodgers 2:10 pm getaway game. Just happy it is not given to Facebook which has really been cut down on games this season.

Houstonlarry24
    Participant

Free

Always a great day when the Cubs lose.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years