StL 2019 Game 116 thread: Sat 8/10 vs. Bucs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 116 thread: Sat 8/10 vs. Bucs

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:15 p.m. RHP Adam Wainwright (7-8, 4.50) vs. RHP Joe Musgrove (8-10, 4.69) FOX Sports Midwest // KMOX // WIJR

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Edman is back in right…

1. Dexter Fowler (S) CF
    2. Tommy Edman (S) RF
    3. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    4. Marcell Ozuna (R) LF
    5. Paul DeJong (R) SS
    6. Matt Carpenter (L) 3B
    7. Kolten Wong (L) 2B
    8. Matt Wieters (S) C
    9. Adam Wainwright (R) P

GameCard
    Participant

Free

Shildt is not messing with success.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

The criticism isn’t on Tommy Edman, its on the notion of starting a guy in RF who last played the outfield before this season when he was a young teenager. I really don’t understand why its so hard to understand.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Too true BHC!! Schildt gets enamored with certain players. But I don’t give 2 hoots as long as we win!!

GameCard
    Participant

Free

He is playing who he thinks gives the Cardinals the best chance to win. Pretty simple to understand.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Look up Edman’s stats before last night and come back because that doesn’t even add up to being realistic.

GameCard
    Participant

Free

He played last night because he can be a LH hitter same as tonight.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

I understand the reasoning behind Shildt wanting him there. It doesn’t mean it makes sense, especially when seeing how Edman has hit leading up to last night.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

So an 88 mph fastball down the middle on the very first pitch is not a good way to start the game. Cards down 1-0.

RememberDiz
    Participant

Free

Isn’t that two nights in a row that we began with a bases-loaded, nobody out start, only to have Ozuna ground into a DP, before DeJong struck out or popped up?

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

On a good note, the Reds have the early 3-0 lead on Hendricks and the Cubs. Aristotle Socrates and Senzel have homered in the 2nd.

GameCard
    Participant

Free

Carpenter just took a 92 MPN FB on the first pitch…it was the best pitch that saw and he struck out.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

We’re the 2nd worst offensive team in MLB in situational hitting.

GameCard
    Participant

Free

That is why Tommy Edman plays because he makes things happen. Did it last night and again tonight.

CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

We’re the 2nd worst offensive team in MLB in situational hitting.

I’m surprised we’re that high on the list.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

They say it’s never over until it’s over……but I think we can safely call the victors in the fair cities of Baltimore and Cincinnati this evening. In the bottom of the 7th in Cincy it’s the Reds pelting the cubbies 10-0 and in that “cesspool” (not my words) in Maryland, it’s Houston dominating and demoralizing the Orioles 20-2 in the 8th. Here, it’s our Birds edging Pittsburgh 3-1 in the 7th.

1982 willie
    Participant

well great pitching tonight, offense still not too great. its a nice win but its the pirates. they are probably the worst team in baseball since the break so im not getting too excited yet

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

That is why Tommy Edman plays because he makes things happen. Did it last night and again tonight.

You really don’t understand what the argument is against him in RF do you? Its obvious you don’t because you can’t even refute what others are saying.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

Where would this team be without Gallegos? I know many, myself included, thought the Cards lost the Voit trade, but he’s saved the Cards season. Closer or not, he comes in and shuts the other teams good hitters down. His ERA is under 2 now, also.

Let’s hope he doesn’t get burnt out, that’s a legitimate fear in my opinion.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

GameCard, while I agree that Edman can be spark at times, he is not hitting so well that it makes sense to play him in the OF over good fielding, good hitting regular OFs. Thomas also has the tools to be a spark while he is a regular outfielder. If the Cardinals want to start Edman, start him somewhere in the infield. Start Thomas somewhere in the OF.

GameCard
    Participant

Free

His speed is the difference and while I might start him at 3rd over Carpenter they are not going to do that against a RH pitcher.

GameCard
    Participant

Free

Pittsburgh is starting a LH pitcher(Brault) tomorrow so you may get your wish.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

GameCard, if your post about Edman’s speed is in response to me, Thomas is also fast. Edman had 9 SBs in Memphis while Thomas had 11 SBs. According to MLB, Thomas ranks as a 60 for Run. Edman couldn’t have been anymore than a 60.

GameCard
    Participant

Free

Obviously, the Cardinals don’t agree with you.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.