StL 2019 Game 125 thread: Tue 8/20 vs. Brewers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 125 thread: Tue 8/20 vs. Brewers

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 109 total)
  • Author
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Great job by Fowler – clears the bases with a bloop, seeing eye double. Cards now have the lead 5-2.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Fowler with the sweetest double you’ve ever seen plates not one….not two….but 3 Birds!! 5-2 Good Guys….listen to the crowd.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Dont know what he fid but I’ll take it- if you can’t be good you better be lucky!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Miller time….been seeing a lot of him of late. Maybe that’s what he’s needed….a heck of a lot of action. Just DO NOT walk anyone.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Just when it looked like Miller had no idea where the plate is after walking the lead off hitter, he gathers himself and gets the DP. Perfect timing with Yelich up. And then he gets Yelich to flail at one away for the K.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Miller holds Them!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Boy nobody turns two like Wong. Yelich up in a situation where you like him….2 outs with nobody on and you’re up 3 runs. It’s what dreams are made of.

And Miller whiffs him.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

What an interesting season this has turned into.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Goldy greets the rather portly Matt Albers with a leadoff single to open the Redbird 7th.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Albers is serving up more hits than Casey Kasem here in the 7th. 2 batters and 2 hits. Let’s keep that a going boys .

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

7-2 Cards on the Wong 2-run single….and looking for more. We’re on the precipice of requesting Shildt to call off the dogs….getting very close.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Wong had a bad AB last time with the bases loaded, but atones this time with the bases juiced by driving in 2 runs with a single to give StL a 7-2 lead.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Geesh I think I could hit this Albers fellow….his pitches look mighty meaty. Bader now walks for the third time tonight and yet once again the Birds have filled the bases to their capacity.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If Dexter launches one here that will give him 7 rbi in the last 2 innings.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I tweeted this before Bader drew his career-high third walk tonight. I really, really like his at-bats in this game.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Dexter will have to settle for just 1 rbi, as he walks….8-2 Birds and Albers is justifiably getting yanked out of this game. Looks like Pomeranz will be coming into the fire for the Crew.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Nice watching this game for us, now that we’ve broken the ice. Go Cardinals!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Edman walks, running up the score to 9-2. Goldy heading plateward.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

I wonder what Brebbia’s monthly expense for beard oil is? That thing really soaks it up, I bet.

RememberDiz
    Participant

Free

I was frustrated with the way this game was going (Leadoff triple not scoring, Wong striking out three times in what might have been key situations) until Fowler picked up Wong with a bases-loaded double to overcome Wong’s K. Suddenly, 2-1 went to 2-5. Then, Wong gets a baaes-loaded single to make it 2-7 before a couple of walks make it 2-9.

Now if Brebbia can just settle down and get someone out. 4–9 with one left.

RememberDiz
    Participant

Free

Back to ten above 500. Have a six game home-field advantage.

1982 willie
    Participant

well this has been a wild ball game. lots of walks by brewers. the cardinals didn’t really sting the ball but had some big hits here and there. glad to see some great defense from bader. too early to tell if he has the hitting really figured out but he did lay off some pitches he has been swinging at this year. carpenter was put in a situation where he normally has dominated and he still struggled. looked totally lost, the balls he swung at weren’t even strikes. still it was a nice win.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Lots of hits both sides. Big night for Ozuna and Molina. Dexter lots of rbi’s. We really pulled away from them when it got to bull pen time. Don’t count em out, they got almost as many hits as us. Our bull pen is just better. Bader looks improved too doesn’t he? You’re right about them not swinging at balls so much. I watched part of it on gameday and you can really see the pitch locations.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Just keep winning.

GameCard
    Participant

Free

10 games over .500

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 109 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.