Carlson promoted

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Carlson promoted

This topic contains 68 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by Brian Walton Brian Walton 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Derek Shore
    Participant

Paid - Annual

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Interesting timing with the imminent logjam of players who may well end up in Memphis… Arozarena, Thomas, Bader, O’Neill, Williams, Garcia and Carlson can’t all get PT. Some will have to stay with the big league club and some will just be on the bench.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Cardinals No.1 Prospect Dylan Carlson is Promoted to Triple-A

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

“I would think it’s likely they move on from Ozuna if they don’t get into the playoffs and possibly start the rebuild.”

This quote from the scout is interesting. We are all under the impression that the Cardinals don’t do rebuilds, although we know that term can be interpreted differently. I suspect that scout was using the phrase “rebuild” loosely.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

For the esteemed Bob Reed.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

He hit .281 at Springfield. That translates, generally speaking, into what, about a .240 average in the big leagues?

1982 willie
    Participant

Free

kind of surprised he got moved up with those numbers. in the majors those are nice numbers, in the minor not so much.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I would say something………but I just remembered that the Esteemed Rat is now packing heat…..major heat!

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Too bad he won’t get his 20/20 goal (HRs/Steals). I think he needed only one or two more steals. He already had the HRs. That goal was for 20 year old AA players but I am glad he will make it to AAA. BTW, his numbers led his team in just about every category. Knock him if you like but he will be with the Cards MLB team late next season. If Bader doesn’t improve his hitting I would not be surprised to see him traded this winter.

SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carlson should carry his average to higher levels because of his plate discipline. Also good prospects often do better as they are moved to higher levels.

If he does well at Memphis and has a strong spring training he could be the starting center fielder for the Cardinals in 2020.

Message to Bader and Garcia. Get those strikeouts under control.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

MM3, there is a detailed 20-20 Carlson article on the front page.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

In today’s posting of TCN Top 50 for August, Carlson is still ranked number 1, ahead of Gorman. It will be interesting to see if Gorman reclaims the top spot before Carlson makes it to the Majors. I don’t know how other organizations handle their prospects, but with the Cardinals organization, I would say that every player listed in the top 10 of this ranking will get a call up to the major league team. At this moment in time, they all look like regulars. But time will tell who will get traction at the MLB level, and who won’t. (I’m off the subject of Carlson. But I want to mention that I think it’s a bit of a stretch to rank any player in the top 10 of any ranking who has not even made it out of Johnson City.)

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

If he is the starting CFer next year, hopefully it’s not until around April 20th….

14NyquisT

Paid - Annual

I’ve got to agree with Mud. On our list here, it would appear, that there are prospects on the wish list that should be in the top-50. But after #40 its really one’s opinion so it becomes highly objective. This is the norm of the TCN list… to include some teenagers. Hopefully they will climb the ladder next season.

Johnson City presently has a few prospects deserving of a ranking. GCL-Cards, outside of Hereida, doesn’t have much to select from. The Gulf-Birds are noticeably worse than last season. That will effect the other Rookie league teams going forward. We will surely need the DSLers this season to work out better in ’20.

GameCard
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Ozuna-LF
    Bader-CF
    Carlson-RF

14NyquisT

Paid - Annual

Carlson-LF
    Arozarena-CF
    Edman-RF

Carlson leads off…. Arozarena second.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think Carlson should stay in Memphis next year unless he is absolutely tearing it up. I don’t like rushing guys.

My OF next year would be

Thomas-LF
    Bader-CF
    Arozarena-RF

Dexter can be the 4th man with a couple of starts a week.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Boy, O’Neill sure gets forgotten about quickly. He definitely should be a starting OF. If he’s not, the organization should trade him for someone useful.

2020: O’Neill-Bader/Thomas/Arozarena-Fowler
    2021: O’Neill-Bader/Thomas/Arozarena-Carlson

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I like Tyler a lot, but as Brian has pointed out, he can’t stay healthy. You just can’t count on him.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If he was a pitcher, I’d agree with you. But as a position player, I don’t think you can count him out, especially over lesser talents like Thomas, Arozarena or Bader. I like all three of those guys, but O’Neill’s ceiling demands as long a run as you can stomach for him in a starting role next year, assuming Ozuna is gone.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

As unbelievable and unpalatable as it is, Fowler is under contract for 2021 as well.

GameCard
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Carlson has a HR and a triple today. Also, Bader has is 3 for 4 with 2 HR’s.

GameCard
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Good to see Max Schrock get going…he has 2 doubles. Avg. is up to .259.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

What I like is that these young prospects are getting practice beating up on the Cubs this weekend. It may be too little, too late for the Memphis team’s playoff aspirations but they are playing more like the team that won the PCL the last two years of late.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Video of Carlson’s homer:

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 69 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years