StL 2019 Game 143 thread: Sun 9/8 at Pirates

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 143 thread: Sun 9/8 at Pirates

This topic contains 75 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by Avatar GACard 5 days, 8 hours ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    Carter
    Carter
    Participant

Free

Hey Carter…..maybe you should put down the squash & seaweed sticks tonight and live a little. Have a steak or pizza!

I want to live a little longer so I don’t eat gobbich.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Good win today! Well done by Jack, who is on quite the roll.

Dinner for me will be homemade chicken fingers, potatoes roasted on the grill and green beans from the garden. Unfortunately they are left over from lunch because I didn’t get as many as expected for my NFL opening day party. Still gonna be good though.

shakenbake McBride
    Participant

Free

people who eat squash & seaweed sticks don’t live longer…it just seems longer.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We may be nearing the time where we start rooting for the Crew and the Snakes to win win win, so to uproot the cubbies playoff aspirations. If I were a betting man, I would bet half the ranch on Chicago not playing any serious ball come October.

Not a bad din-din at all, stlcard25! Can’t go wrong with chicken fingers, chicken legs, chicken breast….chicken anything, except those real large chicken wings. The best wings I ever had were the smaller ones….hands down.

Carter
    Carter
    Participant

Free

Dinner for me will be homemade chicken fingers, potatoes roasted on the grill and green beans from the garden

My name is Carter Le Grand and I approve this meal

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Funny Shakenbake!

Carter
    Carter
    Participant

Free

people who eat squash & seaweed sticks don’t live longer…it just seems longer

Never ate either of those things, Shake and Bake (read the ingredients list on your S&B package)

It’s not wise to eat anything with chemical names of stuff you know nothing about…doncha think?

1982 willie
    Participant

Free

great pitching by Flaherty today. not a lot of offense but enough. actually the two weakest hitters by average on the team had the best at bats, carpenter and bader. some mental mistakes. Flaherty not bunting the ball towards third which is what you have to do with runners at first and second and Flaherty getting picked off wasn’t good. he needs to get a little more focused on the bases. 4.5 game lead is nice. we have did what we need to do vs weaker teams. time to see how we do against better ones.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

<GameCard wrote:

It seems to me that in the last 2 games that Dan sounds like Jon Miller. >

He sounds like he has a sore throat or has a different mike or is ingesting something that makes you sound froggy.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

STL25 wrote:
    < I didn’t get as many as expected for my NFL opening day party.>

I didn’t either. But then nobody came nor was anybody invited. There were no refreshments and the TV stayed on the Cardinals. Haven’t watched the National Felons League since they took the first knee.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I had a center cut rib chop in the air fryer along with some mashed potatoes. A piece of chocolate cake with white icing and then a choc shake for lunch.

My late night snack tonight is a chicken fritter sammich with lettuce and mayo, probably another chocolate shake, and a cigar while I watch Barnaby Jones late tonight.

r/Esteemed Rat

p.s. dang it, Colts lost in overtime

• This reply was modified 6 days, 20 hours ago by Ratsbuddy Ratsbuddy.
    Carter
    Carter
    Participant

Free

My late night snack tonight is a chicken fritter sammich with lettuce and mayo, probably another chocolate shake, and a cigar while I watch Barnaby Jones late tonight.

r/Esteemed Rat

Tell me, Rat: did you ever watch Mannix reruns?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Certainly you jest. Rat has Mannix’s full length poster hanging in his living room, Carter….he loves the guy!

Love your food today, Rat! I wish my wifey would take a page out of your cookbook.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

This is the meat of the schedule coming up. We must play solid ball in this last stretch to win the division. I think 10-9 would get it done by a couple games. So how about 9-7 the next 16 games.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Carter…..Mannix has been my late night show on Saturday nights now for well over ten years. Mannix is my all time #1 favorite show – period!

When the teacher in school would ask us what we wanted to be when we grow up I would always say a Private Investigator ala Joe Mannix.

r/Esteemed Rat

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

When the teacher in college would ask us what we wanted to be when we grew up I would always say a Private Investigator ala Joe Mannix.

r/Esteemed Rat

Not a baseball player like Carlos Martinez, Rat?

14NyquisT

Paid - Annual

If you haven’t yet voted for our top-50 prospect you can begin by going to

Vote here for 2020 top-50 Cardinal prospects

ZTR
    ZTR
    Participant

Free

Cards have been amazing since the ASB.

I didn’t see it coming but have enjoyed the ride.

4 1/2 game bulge (5 if we can coax a loss out of the Cubs tonight).

Hoping to ride a strong finish into the playoffs.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

I don’t like to see injuries for anyone or any team, but the Baez injury could sure help the Cards.

Even with the 4.5 game lead, that 4 game series up here is going to be the make or break of the season. If swept, they are losing all momentum and likely will lose the division, 3-1, they will still be in an ok spot, a split or better and I would be ecstatic and they should win the division after that.

Based on my 1-9 record of being at games this year, it’s probably a good thing I will be far, far out of town!!

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Mannix? Too recent. Try Life of Riley if you are old enough to remember…..LOL

Compliment to this board: I have been on quite a baseball boards but can truly say this is the first one where guys put forth their trade ideas and accompany them with dollar figures. Some folks even are better bookkeepers than what the Cards have as they list all the salaries current and projected and list savings for trades and accessions. Haven’t seen anybody mention that we still pay Matt Holliday and Albert Pujols a substantial sum for the next few years. Check it out.

I am MCarps worst enemy but I will give him some kudos for his performances in the past few games. Better bat and delivers when needed. Shildty recognizes his lack of speed and does not hesitate to pinch run for him when needed. Good system all around.

Harry’s son was threatening to return to his old self but made a sharp turnaround in the last couple of games. He will be a valuable player in the playoffs. Even when he misses fly balls it is done with flair.

Not one to give out names for Cards to acquire but I would not be unhappy to see Mo go after Lorenzen of the Reds. That guy is an all around player. Pitches, hits and plays OF.

With the minors done we need to keep the board churning during this off day. I hate going into Colorado because of Coors, Arenado, and that scrubby beatnik in the OF. I remember the year John Lackey pitched a game where you would have thought he was Chef Boyardee with the number of meatballs he served up.

Cubs road record can be kept going down by the Padres should they see fit. Brewers will be busy fishing for Marlins in preparation for trying to catch Redbirds.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

In my last post I said:
    <Haven’t seen anybody mention that we still pay Matt Holliday and Albert Pujols a substantial sum for the next few years.>
    So I went to find my source and remember it was one of those baseball salary sites but now I can’t find it. IIRC we start in 2020 to make 2 million per year payments to Holliday and Pujols and continue until 2030. I had never heard of this before but it was confirmed when I questioned it. Now I cannot find it any longer. Anybody know of a source for that info?

Confession: Forgive me Lord for I have sinned. Earlier this season (late June/early July) I made the bold statement that this Cardinal team was toast for the season. I wish to withdraw that prediction and say that I was wrong and, hopefully, will remain wrong with that kind of naysay nonsense. GO CARDS.

Carter
    Carter
    Participant

Free

Based on my 1-9 record of being at games this year, it’s probably a good thing I will be far, far out of town!!

Your sacrifice is greatly appreciated, Chi-Card. Um….might I suggest Indiana?

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

Carter, does 4 hours south work?

Carter
    Carter
    Participant

Free

Carter, does 4 hours south work?

Not if by foot

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

The drive is so awful I usually have the Benz set between 100-110, so I’ll be far away!

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 76 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years