StL 2019 Game 122 thread: Sat 8/17 at Reds

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 122 thread: Sat 8/17 at Reds

Viewing 22 posts - 26 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Free

Carp homers inside and down. The same spot where they’ve been killin’him. He got ahold of that one- game tied!

Participant

Paid - Annual

Mikolas not looking very sharp this evening. His stuff has clearly backed up this season. Velocity down. Breaking ball doesn’t have the same depth as last year. Fortunately, he still has enough pitchability to get by as a back-end starter.

Participant

Paid - Annual

The 2nd Run is on Edman. Advance to third, and score is on Edman lack of an arm. Great idea playing an infielder in the outfield.

Participant

Free

That is twice that we have had a runner on third with one out: Lined to second and struck out. They have to score to win a pennant.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Paul Dejong has been a solid SS this year but his K rate must be near 50% with a runner on third and less than two out. That was a poor decision to use him as a pinch hitter. Everyone knows that you throw him junk down off the plate away and it’s whiff city.

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

DeJong will be lucky he even hits .240 this year. He needs to bat down in the order. Too many strikeouts and too good of a scouting report out there on him. And I don’t give a sh~t if he has hit 21 homeruns.

r/Esteemed Rat

Participant

Free

I don’t think Wong has hit with a runner on base since Thursday when he got the late double to make it 1-2.

colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free

DeJong will be lucky he even hits .240 this year. He needs to bat down in the order. Too many strikeouts

He is not alone, this team strikes out way to often.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by colhuskercolhusker.
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Need a better offensive showing tomorrow. They got runners on, but could not take advantage. Too many strike outs coupled with an inability to get a hit with runners in scoring position.

Also, do not throw anything over the plate to Acquino!

Participant

Free

Will we score 1 or 13 runs tomorrow?

Participant

Paid - Annual

Has anyone ever seen Game Card and Mozeliak in the same room? Just curious.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Can we please toss the powder blues in a pile and light a match? We can’t win in those ugly things.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m not sure about Game Card, but you know a few individuals affiliated with the organization most likely are hanging around. I know of only one, who I promised years ago that I would not reveal his name. The only thing I can say is that this poster’s identity would surprise the daylights out of you. Now that our PM (Private Mail) feature has gone the way of the dinosaur, these people can stay 100% anonymous. We have had several posters over the years who made no bones about their Cardinal connections. Most notably was Colby Rasmus’ father, who was a most prolific poster for a few years, who ruffled many a feather here…..none more than the esteemed JModene’s. Anyone know what happened to JMo? Luddy’s brother, Eric, was onboard for quite awhile during Ryan’s run with the Redbirds. Matt Adams’ uncle from Pennsylvania was quite the poster here for a number of years. Those are just a few. The PM was a great tool for posters to get to know each other and is very much missed.

Participant

Free

Another stinker but today is a new day.

gscottar wrote:
    <Can we please toss the powder blues in a pile and light a match? We can’t win in those ugly things>

I think it was Jimmy baseball who pointed out that they are only used on the road and on Saturday nights. They don’t have much a chance of becoming winners but still beat the drab greys. I prefer that beautiful red batting practice jersey that is already equipped with the birds, number and name. That, for me, beats the blues and the greys.

Anybody watch the 9th inning of that Nats/Brewers game saw Hader luck his way out of a bases loaded, 0 out situaton with Turner batting on a 3-2 count and swing at two very high balls, fouling the first and missing the second. Taking that high pitch would have walked in the winning run in a walkoff. I thought the Nats were doing their best bases loaded no outs Cards imitation. But it was a dramatic moment. Surprised to see that Hader had blown his last 5 saves. Gonna be a real fight in the NLC folks.

Participant

Free

If Aqino comes to bat with anybody on base……………………….walk him. Save runs.

ZTRZTR
    Participant

Free

At 7-13 with an ERA over 4 Mikolas is just a straight up disappointment this year.

I’ve seen really good pitchers have winning records for overall losing teams. Mikolas has done just the opposite.

Gotta win the Sunday game and get out of town with a series split.

Participant

Paid - Annual

With the way pitching staffs are handled these days, relievers wind up with a lot of Ws. Our bullpen has at least two dozen. Ws/Ls don’t mean as much anymore anyway, QSs and WHIP are better gauges of success for starters.

Mikolas is having the type of season that I expected. He may revert back to ’18 next season.

Without a doubt today has to be a W. GO CARDS!

Participant

Free

Sometimes, you have to look at game logs to see why a pitcher is losing. Mikolas has a better ERA than does Wainwright, but Wainwright is 9-8 while Mikolas is 7-13. Mikolas only has a 3-1 record when he allows zero earned runs. He allowed one unearned run against the Cubs and lost 0-2. Mikolas has allowed two earned runs in four games, but has a 1-2 record in those games. He is only 2-1 if he allows one earned run. So, if he allows 0, 1, or 2 earned runs, his record is 5-4.

Let’s repeat that. If he permits 0, 1, or 2 earned runs, his record is 5-4.

If he allows 3 earned runs, his record is 2-3. So, if he allows 0-4 earned runs, his record is only 7-7. In the seven games in which he allowed four or more runs, he has lost six. One had no decision in an 11-9 win. In those games, he allowed 4, 4, 5, 5, 5, 5, and 7 runs.

Participant

Paid - Annual

MM3, I don’t have the exact numbers in front of me but I think we are 1-8 or 1-9 in the powder blues this year.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The blues are a DeWitt III production, I believe. Paul would accomplish more by buying out the stock from the team store and merchandise website… 😉

Participant

Paid - Annual

We should start a go fund me site to help Paul out.

Viewing 22 posts - 26 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years