Mrperkins

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 25 posts - 276 through 300 (of 499 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Free agent Steven Matz #177315
    Mrperkins
    Participant

    Cardinals sign ex-Blue Jay lefty to 4 year deal

    Ok, that should scare some people but I pushed for Matz from the beginning of offseason and expected him to take home more cash. I expected him to sign for 3/45 so getting an extra year free (or for 3mil if incentives kick in) has to be good, right? I’m nervous but I do like the fact that despite not offering the QO, Toronto was reportedly seeking to re-sign him. Welcome to St. Louis Mr. Matz

    in reply to: Andrew Heaney free agent thread #176384
    Mrperkins
    Participant

    No no no. Mlbtraderumors has their top 50 free agents, expected contracts, and destinations up. They have Steven Matz at 3/27mm. That’s the best looking deal to me. I thought he would get 14-16 per year and 4 years.

    in reply to: Shildt Fired #175416
    Mrperkins
    Participant

    Was it DizzyDean that got really upset when someone made what could either be considered complimentary or licentious about his niece?

    in reply to: Shildt Fired #175415
    Mrperkins
    Participant

    Carioca, I think he asked about Dickie Thon because that is where this forum evolved from. I joined it as Fanhome, which I believe was in 2002.(when I joined, not the entirety of fanhome) Back then it still said exactly when you joined and I believe I was 2 weeks after Brian.
    If you still remember the pink shirt debacle you have been here a while

    in reply to: Shildt Fired #174992
    Mrperkins
    Participant

    1946, I think you pulled your list right out of my brain. I agree with the names and switch Cairo and Oquendo and you have my order of preference.
    Edit: 46’s list on previous page.
    My preferred order: Clapp, Schumaker, Miguel Cairo, and Oquendo.

    in reply to: So what are we going to do? #174815
    Mrperkins
    Participant

    One guy I would contact is Steven Matz. I know he had some injury stuff early in his career but the last 3 non-covid years he has been reliable with 30, 30, and 29 starts. ERA consistently around 4 with 2 years with the Mets defense behind him and last year pitched to 3.82 ERA in the division with Boston, New York, and the Devil Rays. He may have finally figured out how to win as his 14-7 record is nice. Career 8.6ks/2.8BB per 9 doesn’t scream elite but our defence could really make him look good. He should come a lot cheaper than his teammate Ray and would be a big step up from Lester/Happ.Agency is Icon Sports so no Boras. Maybe 3 years/55mm? What do you guys think, am I way off on the $?

    in reply to: Affiliate Observations 2021 #174799
    Mrperkins
    Participant

    I’d be interested to see a comparison of average position of 1st pick in draft the last 10 years. I’d think we would be close to last, especially if you average in the year we didn’t pick until 3rd rd. Or maybe total draft pool last ten years averaged out. We might do a little better here with the competitive balance picks added.

    in reply to: So what are we going to do? #174774
    Mrperkins
    Participant

    I don’t see Sosa as a full time starter in the league. I think we should employ him in utility manner while he is cheap a couple years and let someone else pay him after that. Is Garcia still controllable? I’m not really confident in him or McFarland repeating their success. I’d like to see one good lefty added to pen. I don’t trust Kim and his back. I would do sherzer at 2 and 35mm

    in reply to: 2021 Division Series thread #174643
    Mrperkins
    Participant

    I like the Devil Rays and the efficient way the organization is run. I’m surprised to find myself rooting for Giants in NL. But I would love the White Sox to win just for all the LaRussa haters

    in reply to: 2021 Wild Card Game – Wed 10/6 – at LAD #174621
    Mrperkins
    Participant

    I think we all agree that Reyes, if he was going to be used, prob should have been Garcia’s second inning. Once passed that there really wasn’t a good spot. But McFarlin walking Bellinger is not getting enough criticism in my view. Puhols and Souza hit the ball hard but you have to trust your stuff against the lefty who hasn’t hit .200 over this full year. It would have been like if they walked Carpenter before a blast. We’d have been thanking them. And McFarlin was gifted a low strike in the at bat per gameday. Finally, Taylor swung at that like he knew it was coming. Not sure if he guessed right or had help from Belly at second base but he still had to hit it. Congrats to Dodgers but I’ll be pulling for Giants and Devil Rays the rest of the postseason.

    in reply to: 2021 Wild Card Game – Wed 10/6 – at LAD #174548
    Mrperkins
    Participant

    What was the challenge about? How close was Sosa’s linedrive to a hit? Gameday is not a good substitute for radio

    in reply to: 2021 Wild Card Game – Wed 10/6 – at LAD #174519
    Mrperkins
    Participant

    Ortawasout–My thoughts exactly! Gameday says single to Arenado…what kind of hit was it that knocked out Waino?

    in reply to: 2021 Wild Card Game – Wed 10/6 – at LAD #174448
    Mrperkins
    Participant

    Waino has the juices going, hitting 91mph a couple times against Will Smith

    in reply to: 2021 Wild Card Game – Wed 10/6 – at LAD #174446
    Mrperkins
    Participant

    On gameday looks like Wainwright bunted at ball 4 but I’d rather he didn’t run the bases and Bader had at least one close pitch so Sherzer was due for a close one to go his way

    in reply to: 2021 Wild Card Game – Wed 10/6 – at LAD #174431
    Mrperkins
    Participant

    I’ll be following the mlb app while trying to keep the guys at work from fighting each other

    in reply to: 2021 Wild Card Game – Wed 10/6 – at LAD #174430
    Mrperkins
    Participant

    This late run got the fans excited. At least it will boost off season ticket sales. I hope I’m wrong but I am envisioning classic Scherzer. 3-0 Dodgers with Waino gutting his way through 5 innings with 2 runs and a few walks and being pulled for Carpenter to pinch hit strike out.

    Mrperkins
    Participant

    Well if I the source I saw is correct we will be picking #22 this year. Bumped back a spot with the Mets getting a comp pick

    in reply to: Magic number actually 2? #173538
    Mrperkins
    Participant

    Welcome back Gags!

    Mrperkins
    Participant

    I think one of you guys needs to step up and offer consolation to the Brewers gal.

    Mrperkins
    Participant

    Flaherty to “open” the second game of Cubs double header. Prob just an inning. Hudson healthy scratch in Memphis. I bet he takes over after Fletch.

    Mrperkins
    Participant

    Hate to ask again but is there a graphic available to show ump accuracy for last night? I have looked some but not found anything as detailed as the one shared a few nights ago for Cuzzi vs Padres

    Mrperkins
    Participant

    I’m hoping someone can post the ump rating thing from a few nights ago as brand new baby Perkins is hearing some inappropriate descriptive verbage here at the hospital.

    Mrperkins
    Participant

    Can we please see Whitley back out for the 8th???

    Mrperkins
    Participant

    I’m hoping we focus on pitching in the the top of the 2022 draft. Hitting bombs is nice but I still believe winning games contributes more to development than is given credit for.

    in reply to: Affiliate Observations 2021 #171905
    Mrperkins
    Participant

    Who is the one who has to break it to Puggs about Alexander F?

Viewing 25 posts - 276 through 300 (of 499 total)

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 25 years