2021 Wild Card Game – Wed 10/6 – at LAD

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Wild Card Game – Wed 10/6 – at LAD

Viewing 25 posts - 176 through 200 (of 325 total)
  • Author
    PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I would have loved to have seen Juan “Pez” Yepez get the pinch hitting nod there for Waino. We could be staring out there at a 3-1 advantage if he had.

David
    Participant

Free

I think hitting Bader was intentional to get Waino out. Possibly Wainos last inning. Go Cardinals!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Shildt sticking with Wainwright and Bader on base. Three week groundouts to end the inning. Cards offense looks like its pre-winning streak self. Just no punch when they need it. Wainwright better have a good 6th inning!

ortawasout
    Participant

Free

TBS announcer surprised Waino hitting for himself? He didn’t do his prep work with who might hit off this STL bench.

PadsFS
    Participant

I like it. He did very good in the fifth.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Young guys are showing their nerves tonight. Gonna be up to the big boys.

wade
    Participant

Free

I would have left Waino in.

ortawasout
    Participant

Free

If he was going to pull him with 1 out and 1 on from an infield hit, why didnt he pinch hit for him in the 5th?

1982 willie
    Participant

Well I didnt like the idea of a inside pitch to turner for that reason. Now waino out, Garcia in. Garcia didn’t pitch well a couple games ago. Hopefully has it today. Look for turner to steal

1982 willie
    Participant

Just horrible pitching to smith, get ahead two strikes then fool around and walk him. Got to go after guys once you get to 2-2. No fooling after that.

Mrperkins
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ortawasout–My thoughts exactly! Gameday says single to Arenado…what kind of hit was it that knocked out Waino?

ortawasout
    Participant

Free

It should have read “swinging bunt”

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Wainwright does a really good job tonight. Garcia relieves in the 6th and makes it out with no runs. The Cards still have a chance — but not if they don’t start taking better swings.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Garcia totally lucks out. I’m really wondering if he could get a strike over the plate the last 2 guys. Scary

CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Good play by Garcia and Goldy. Now let’s get some runs!

David
    Participant

Free

No matter what happens.. facing a future hall of famer to start the game… being tied 1-1 heading to the 7th. I am so proud of this team. Go Cardinals!

PadsFS
    Participant

Nerves got to Garcia there it seemed. On to the 7th!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

I’m with you Euro- hope that “rest period” didn’t kill our offense

1982 willie
    Participant

Well the batter bailed our pitcher out again.close play but out. It’s hard to believe we are still tied with some of the stuff going on. Funny watching the two staffs. our pitchers make it like real hard, like it’s brain surgery out there sweating and grinding. Their relief pitchers just go out there and pitch, no real stress.

Jbrodie7
    Participant

Free

Edman cannot layoff that high heat

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Another missed opportunity with RISP.

David
    Participant

Free

Big inning coming up. Let’s keep it tied. Go Cardinals!

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

0-9 with RISP?

1982 willie
    Participant

Arenado misses another pitch right there. Pops out foul. Still tied. Still no hits with runners in
    scoring position.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Bullpen needs to be perfect tonight. Don’t feel good about the offense putting hits together, but maybe somebody runs into one for the difference.

Viewing 25 posts - 176 through 200 (of 325 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.