2021 Cardinals MLB Game 149 thread – Monday, Sept 20 at Brewers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 149 thread – Monday, Sept 20 at Brewers

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:40 p.m.
    RHP Jake Woodford (2-3, 4.30) vs. RHP Freddy Peralta (9-4, 2.57)
    BSM // KMOX
    Also BSSW+ in Oklahoma and Arkansas and BSSE in TN, KY and MS

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Hey Brian? Where’s the Thursday game thread? I just see Monday thru Wednesday.

It’s one of those YouTube games, unfortunately.

r/Esteemed Rat

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This is a big series with all the momentum we’ve had. A 3 game cushion with 14 games to go is solid but can go away with one bad week. At least a split here and the Cards have to feel good about their chances since they’d have 10 games left and 7 of them with the lowly Cubs (although no doubt the Cubbies would love to play the spoiler).

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Two things that worry me.

First, the Cubs LOVE to beat the Cardinals. They will be sky high in hopes of damaging the Redbirds chances.

Second, the Reds still have ten games with left the Pirates and the Nationals.

r/Esteemed Rat

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Peralta and his 0.947 WHIP is a tall order, and its lower than that in his home park. Time to quit fooling around and play baseball.

GameCard
    Participant

Free

8 straight is fooling around?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Has to be a double digit winning streak for Bling to fully recognize the feat, GameCard. How would you have liked Bling grading your school papers back in the day…..brutal. Well one thing is for sure. We will NOT be fortunate enough to get the same Freddy Peralta that we faced last time, when he had just returned from the infirmary. I do not know how to sugarcoat the following…..but simply put this is not a game that we can or will prevail in. But let’s look at the bright side of things. An 8 game winning streak is nothing to sneeze at, and at night’s end……we will still be in the wild card driver’s seat. Personally, I’m torn at what to do tonight, since my Packers are playing too. Why go to a game that you know you’re going to lose, when you could be in the comfort of your home watching your beloved Green Bay Packers throttle Detroit’s Lions? That’s the dilemma.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Traveling this week so not a lot of time to check in. This run the club is on reminds me of ‘64 and 2011. We will see if they can keep it going.

That 3-2 game where O’Neill homered in the 8th is the kind of thing that happens to teams on a magically mystery tour. Our club is riding high.

Heard Moz on SiriusXM while driving yesterday and he made some good points about why things are clicking. One is our team if very athletic. He felt getting Sosa in there energized the team some. Also he pointed out any of our three outfielders could play center field, and we have a potential gold glove at all eight positions.

Still a tough road ahead. Let’s see if they can finish this off and at least get a game in the post season.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A 3 game lead with 14 to go is nice but our schedule is much tougher than the Reds and Phillies. The Padres are toast because all they have left are the Dodgers, Giants, and Braves. The Reds have several with the Pirates and Nats while the Phillies have several with the Orioles and Marlins. We are going to have our hands full holding them off. We know how good the Brewers are and don’t let the record fool you with the Cubs. They would love nothing more than to knock us out. Their offense is still pretty good. We just need to feast on their pitching.

Our guys had better be locked and loaded these last two weeks.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If the Cards could manage 8-6 in the last 14 games that would make them 87-75. To tie them, the Phillies would need to go 11-2, the Reds 10-2 or the Pads 11-2. And we’re a game and a half ahead of the Braves too. Just play solid baseball and it will be very hard for someone to pass us.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Really got to play them one game at a time. Guess its crunch time though. 4 away with the Brew Crew. 4 away with the Cubs. Then its 3 and 3 at home with the same two teams. We will know each other well in the next 2 weeks. We will end out with home team advantage but like I said – one game at a time. Go Cardinals!

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I called this one right after the incident with Yadi.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Tommy Edman (S) 2B
    2. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    3. Tyler O’Neill (R) LF
    4. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    5. Yadier Molina (R) C
    6. Dylan Carlson (S) RF
    7. Edmundo Sosa (R) SS
    8. Harrison Bader (R) CF
    9. Jon Lester (L) P

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hudson is probably going to be activated soon.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Great, I get all ready to sit down and watch the first 2-3 innings of the Pirates/Reds at Riverfront before I switch over to the Cards/Brewers game at County Stadium. And of course the Pirates/Reds game is in a rain delay. I had to then delay the lighting up of the first cigar for the evening.

r/Esteemed Rat

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

100% positively no linkage whatsoever, gscott. Shildt said it was just brotherly love! Didn’t you hear?

I felt the same way during the Arozarena playoff Instagram streaming. Shildt said no problem then too. Shildt saying “no problem” about a player is similar to ownership giving coaches and managers a vote of confidence.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well Ponce hasn’t pitched well so he deserves to go.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m hoping arenado starts picking it up here.we need a great two weeks from him

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m glad we have Lester going instead of Woodford.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well good job arenado. Peralta was looking tough.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Good job by the camera guy zooming in on those LH batters. Getting good shots of the Brewers gal that displays herself every game.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I noticed that too kscardfan.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Shes there almost every night. Been seeing her there for 3 seasons now. She keeps a book.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Lester isn’t hitting his spots today. Too much middle of plate, needs to spot inside but hadn’t been able to do that yet.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Lester took a couple smokes in the 2nd. Game tied now, 2-2.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 87 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years