2021 Cardinals MLB Game 162 thread – Sunday, October 3 vs. Cubs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 162 thread – Sunday, October 3 vs. Cubs

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

2:15 p.m.
    RHP Jake Woodford (3-3, 4.88) vs. RHP Alec Mills (6-7, 5.09)
    BSM // KMOX // WIJR
    Also BSSW+ in Oklahoma and Arkansas and BSSO in TN, KY and MS

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I hope Shildt puts out the regular lineup. I would like to see Goldschmidt get to 100 rbi’s. Get the bullpen arms some work. And, after last night’s tough loss, I’d like to see the Redbirds go out a winner here.

Din-din today is a center cut rib chop in the air fryer, some Bush’s baked beans with onions, deviled eggs, and a Mt. Dew. Dessert will be a bowl of Prairie Farm’s chocolate ice cream. Me and Whitey Herdog will catch the first 2-3 quarters of the Colts at Miami before tuning in to the Cards game.

r/Esteemed Rat

1982 willie
    Participant

Schildt has screwed goldy in my opinion far as getting his hundredth rbi. He could have dropped him down a few games just to get that number. A lot more things have to go your way to get rbis in the second slot. He can still get it but it’s just silly to have kept running him out there in that slot.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Goldy is the kind of humble star who probably doesn’t care about the 100 rbi’s but I would like to see him get it. Goldy wouldn’t even take the number 44 jersey from Luke Gregerson.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Tommy Edman (S) 2B
    2. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    3. Tyler O’Neill (R) LF
    4. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    5. Dylan Carlson (S) RF
    6. Yadier Molina (R) C
    7. Edmundo Sosa (R) SS
    8. Harrison Bader (R) CF
    9. Jake Woodford (R) P

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Shildt is rolling out the main lineup. I wonder if they will play all nine innings. I do not want anyone to get hit on the wrist and miss the playoffs.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

They need to play and be ready for Wednesday. No rest now.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

That’s the lineup I like to see. If we don’t do it with those guys we ain’t gonna do it.

I’d like to see Goldy get his 100, just for the symmetry of things.

In honor of the last game of the regular season, our din-din was oven-fried chicken, CIF’s famous potato salad, and a green salad, and as soon as I finish this post I’m going to make a delicious chocolate sundae.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

100 RBI for Goldy would be dandy. But the real drama today is with the hotly contested NL Doubles title. Edman presently holds the slimmest of advantage margins ( that’s “1” for all of you presently residing in upstate Illinois ) over Cincinnati’s Castellanos. This could be a very large feather in Tommy E.’s red cap, if successful. Schwindel and Carlson are definitely going yard in this game today and I like for our Birds to walk away from this 2021 regular season with an 8-4 thumping of Chicago’s near toothless cubbies.

PS. Wouldn’t you just kill for a plate of CIF’s world renowned potato salad?

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We usually grill dogs and brats on the last day of the season and drink from our various WS commemorative cups, but the logistics didn’t work out this year. I am making up some chicken salad and deviled eggs for din din later on. Sadly I am all out of grape Nehi and Klondike bars.

1982 willie
    Participant

Going to listen to the game on the radio today to celebrate mike Shannon. It’s been a long time since I’ve done this but being Mike was there in my childhood, it’s seems the right thing to do.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

In a Bicycle Mike lineup, where Goldy would have been in the 3, 4 or 5 spots all year, depending on the evolution of the club during the season, he would likely be around 110 RBI at this point. Hopefully he ends all the drama about 100 RBI today and homers.

I believe in Bill White’s parallel universe 1964 season, he hit a 3 run bomb in the season finale to finsih at 102. If fate still holds Goldy will follow suit.

How about that AL Wild Card? It’s possible for it to end in a four-way tie.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I hear you, Willie. Even though the Crew is my 4th favorite team(behind Baltimore & Toronto in 2nd and third respectively), I feel the same about Bob Uecker, having listened to him since childhood. And Bling being out of both grape Nehi and Klondike bars simultaneously, is simply a travesty…… can’t let that happen, Bling. I’m having a game time lun-lun of a tuna fish sandwich on white, small salad loaded with cheese, onion and 1000 Island dressing and a tall glass of Mt. Dew, with some banana cream pie closing matters out.

1982 willie
    Participant

Great send off for Mike. A lot to f those people there in attendance probably have never listened to Mike. We give up one run, Woodford needs to buckle down. I might do the radio far as we go in the playoffs. Edman just powered up.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Late tuning in, what happened to Goldy?

1982 willie
    Participant

Well that was just a waste. Shildt should be embarrassed for himself. Takes goldy out, basically doesn’t even give him a chance to get his 100 rbi. I know goldy won’t say anything but I think markers mean more to these players than you think. Carpenter doesn’t need anymore at bats. In fact I think he’s had too many.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

My wild guess is Goldy said something to Shildt to the effect letting Carp play here in his final regular season game, maybe last home game, was a bigger thing than his own 100 RBIs. Some guys are stand up like that.

1982 willie
    Participant

Well if shildt would have done things right, goldy would have already had his 100.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Agree with that willie.

1982 willie
    Participant

Man it’s amazing how far the game is behind on the tv vs the radio. A good 20 seconds it seems.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Well, Shildt clearly doesn’t take this game seriously so why should we.

CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Good to see Flaherty pitching well. We’ll need him maybe as early as Wednesday.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

FYI……..Castellanos has hit a double in the Reds game. Appears to be #38.

r/Esteemed Rat

UPDATE: Baseball Reference shows Edman and Harper tied with 41 doubles.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

At the end of the day…..or should I say, at the end of his career, Goldy’s 99 rbi in 2021 instead of 100, could be just enough to tip the scales out of Goldy’s favor in the eyes of HoF voters. I guess you know things are going well when we fans get riled up by these sort of things. Bring on the Dodgers!

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It’s always a shame to end with a loss to the Cubs, but the Cards finished hot overall so hopefully the momentum holds. The Dodgers will be tough, but Scherzer has been beaten before and has given up some runs lately, so hopefully the bats are ready to roll.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.