Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
MrperkinsParticipantDid the crowd give pujols a curtain call?
MrperkinsParticipantCall me crazy but I would be willing to offer Happ at 1/7mm for next year.
August 1, 2021 at 10:24 am in reply to: 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 104 thread – Saturday, July 31 vs. Twins #168514
MrperkinsParticipantI put 2 slabs of corned beef in the smoker for about 12 hrs at 240 degrees and they came out delicious. Sandwiches for 10 days and mixed it in with hash browns for breakfast. The wife has to limit carbs due to pregnancy diabetes and took many a midnight trip to the fridge for a slice in between cracker cut cheese.
July 31, 2021 at 11:46 pm in reply to: Former Cardinals in the News – 2017 to Aug. 2024 (closed) #168484
MrperkinsParticipantBrock Peterson was rewarded for a monster year at Memphis in 2013 with his only cup of coffee in the majors with our squad. Sadly he now paralyzed from chest down from a diving accident earlier this month.
MrperkinsParticipantDump Bader? Isn’t the way he is playing now exactly what we hoped for? I like his fire.
MrperkinsParticipantI have to think it is scary to consider Gant pitching to lineups with DH rather than pitcher. 100 pitches by end of 4 innings.
MrperkinsParticipantAnd we included Evan Sisk?? Maybe they included someone not announced yet
MrperkinsParticipantI vote no on most of these. I do like the idea of making the bases larger as it should increase stolen bases since there is less distance between them. This should help keep having a strong arm as a catcher relavent as well. However, I hate the robot ump idea. I love when I see a vet pitcher get a call a little off the plate and just keep working it to the spot. I’ve seen Wainwright do this a number of times as he has refound his effectiveness the last 2 years despite no longer hitting 93-94mph. I like the idea that a pitcher can still get by on wits as much as a dominant fastball or breaking pitch. My heart says No DH but I see the writing on the wall. And one other thing. I would like to see a return of the 4 pitch intentional walk. You never know when there could be a steal, wild pitch, balk, etc. And I feel like if a team refuses to pitch to a hitter, the pitcher should have to throw 4 extra times, even if they are easy pitches. And gives the home crowd a chance to really boo and let excitement build for the next batter. My 2 cents.
MrperkinsParticipantI saw in roster matrix that Jonatan Machado was released. This is probably covered in premium forum but could anyone give a summary? Attitude, injury, visa? He hit ok his last full year.
June 29, 2021 at 12:24 pm in reply to: 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 79 thread – Monday, June 28 vs. Arizona #165084
MrperkinsParticipantAnybody see Waddell pitch? I don’t like seeing in the box that he walked a guy with 6 run lead but I do like the 2 k’s
June 22, 2021 at 11:52 am in reply to: 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 73 thread – Tuesday, June 22 at Tigers #164528
MrperkinsParticipantHe certain has good bb/k rates all through his career. But I’m picturing a Matt Adams type in the field. Please someone tell me I’m wrong.
June 22, 2021 at 11:50 am in reply to: 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 73 thread – Tuesday, June 22 at Tigers #164526
MrperkinsParticipantI really need to see a gif of that guy who says release the kraken saying Release the Nootbaar!!!
June 10, 2021 at 9:10 pm in reply to: Former Cardinals in the News – 2017 to Aug. 2024 (closed) #163624
MrperkinsParticipantMlb trade rumors reporting Cardinals interested in re-signing Shelby Miller to help shore up Memphis pitching staff. Sounds like he did ok at AAA Iowa earlier this year before being bombed in MLB. Hitting 93.5 mph on the fastball. I certainly think there are worse options.
MrperkinsParticipant858booyah, you are spot on with the Webb assertion. I used to tell the wife “Do not put him in a close game! Save him for mop up!” And time and time he would fold like origami. I thought he had finally got past it last year, but man I wish we had snatched up Tony Watson when he didn’t make the phillies.
MrperkinsParticipantRayder Ascanio got the start at first base for Memphis last night?? First time reading box scores this year but that seems a little odd. I was disappointed when I saw Palm Beach and that Winn is only hitting .150. As much as his name has popped up I had assumed he was hitting better than that.
MrperkinsParticipantPuhols signs with dodgers. Do their vegas odds drop?
MrperkinsParticipantI think Rat and I will back you if anyone cries foul at referring to the list as the DL.
May 11, 2021 at 8:39 pm in reply to: 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 36 thread – Tuesday, May 11 at Brewers #160813
MrperkinsParticipantBall 4 to pina looked in zone as well
May 11, 2021 at 8:36 pm in reply to: 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 36 thread – Tuesday, May 11 at Brewers #160810
MrperkinsParticipantAccording to pitch tracking Helsey really got squeezed on second pitch to Urias. Did you see it David?
MrperkinsParticipantHave we had a day with a positive winning percentage yet? Or even .500? I know prospect development is the name of the game but we do want guys to strive to win. Haven’t gotten to Springfield game yet as they are not accepting vouchers from tickets sold last year yet. I don’t see how that is fair. I paid for the tickets over a year ago and folks who pay for a ticket today get to go before me? Well I have rant somewhere since the box office doesn’t care…
May 8, 2021 at 1:52 pm in reply to: 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 34 thread – Saturday, May 8 vs. Rockies #160552
MrperkinsParticipantGot the grill fired up for some prime New York strips from local Harter House market and some bavarian skin-on wieners. The wife is in charge of sides so I don’t know what the accompaniment will be yet. I plan on watching the game this evening as it is a pain to connect the labtop to get around the blackout.
May 8, 2021 at 9:25 am in reply to: 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 33 thread – Friday, May 7 vs. Rockies #160533
MrperkinsParticipantMike Cameron might be a good example of Bader’s absolute best ceiling.
Edit: Reviewed Cameron’s numbers again. He is better than I remember. I don’t think Bader could get the walks and consistant 20 HR seasons.May 6, 2021 at 2:30 pm in reply to: Former Cardinals in the News – 2017 to Aug. 2024 (closed) #160382
MrperkinsParticipantPersonally I think he just came back because they are wearing those fantastic uniforms again this year. I own a home and an away jersey, each with a 75yr anniversary of Comisky Park patch on sleeve.
May 6, 2021 at 2:26 pm in reply to: Former Cardinals in the News – 2017 to Aug. 2024 (closed) #160380
MrperkinsParticipantI read that too. In his defence, the rule normally only affects National League teams and is new but still…come on! But where was his bench coach to say Hey skipper, why you sending out Hendrik instead of Abreau?
MrperkinsParticipantCome on, I know I’m not the only one floating Matt Carpenter dump off trade with Anaheim in my mind and Anaheim sending money. If only this was MLB the Show, I’d try to work something but at least Carp can play some infield besides 1st and is a much needed lefty. It would be a heck of a farewell tour with Wainwright and Yadi, though.
-
AuthorPosts
