2021 Cardinals MLB Game 151 thread – Wednesday, Sept. 22 at Brewers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 151 thread – Wednesday, Sept. 22 at Brewers

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:40 p.m.
    RHP Miles Mikolas (1-2, 4.50) vs. TBA
    BSM // KMOX
    Also BSSW+ in Oklahoma and Arkansas and BSSE in TN, KY and MS

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

Can’t wait to see how Miles looks. He looked goooood last time out.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Shildt didn’t double in smartness in two weeks. Its funny how the manager seems smarter when the team is winning.

GameCard
    Participant

Free

Many fans are emotional, reactionary people that have very little smartness.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sounds like Anderson, a lefty, is going for Milwaukee. This team loves facing lefties. Hopefully we get a little more offense in this one and Mikolas can keep his momentum going. Hopefully. Carlson is feeling good enough to play after they pulled him last night.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Pirates and Reds postponed today at Crosley Field in Cincinnati. Nothing but green stuff on the radar for both Indiana and Ohio. It’s raining here in SW Indiana as I type this.

Not to worry though. I will still make it to the Amish restaurant, the Gasthof, for my weekly gourmet feast.

r/Esteemed Rat

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We need to super size the winning streak by sweeping these bums.

We haven’t had a PDJ sighting in a while.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

It’s hard to believe that San Diego is only about a .500 team. They were projected to be a legit world series contender before the season started.

I wonder if their manager might be on the hotseat?

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Given Sosa’s performance so far, you have to think that PDJ will be made available for trade this offseason. He’s too talented to be a bench player,IMO, and he has what is considered a team friendly contract. (Comment – Just want to say that any contract that pays somebody millions of dollars has to be considered a player friendly contract, also.)If they do trade PDJ, I sure hope they get a helpful bullpen piece or a highly regarded prospect in the trade. Anything less would be a failed trade,IMO.

GameCard
    Participant

Free

I do not think we can get a highly rated prospect for DeJong. He is on the bench for a reason.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Dejong has struggled but his defense is good enough that some team would take him. The return may be a relief arm or another change of scenery candidate rather than a good prospect, though. Still, I could see him becoming an average bat with plus defense in another place, which would make him a solid starter for a team not wanting to get in on the SS bidding war.

I’d also caution against making too much of the small sample for Sosa. Dejong, like Aledmys Diaz before him, looked great his first year too.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I agree that the small sample size for Sosa is worrisome especially given the kind of shortstop talent that will be available this offseason. It would be a shame for the Cardinals to miss out on the opportunity to firm up the shortstop position for years to come. I could see the Cardinals quietly pursuing one of the big names. But as Derrick Goold of the Post-Dispatch once said, the Cardinals are ‘allergic to auctions’. i.e. They’re not going to overpay.

With regard to PDJ, I’m thinking that his plus defense combined with the 30 HR’s he hit only two years ago, makes him a very desirable trade candidate. Plus, he has that team friendly contract.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Having a short stop that plays good defense and hits for average is way better than one that just plays defense confucious say.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Just minutes from the park and the I-94 traffic is just awful. But as I contemplate tonight’s big game, one persistent thought keeps coming to mind…………..we all know that Rat went to the Gasthof for his weekly buffet, but just what did he indulge in??

GameCard
    Participant

Free

I would trade DeJong, keep Sosa and sign Corey Seager.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Tommy Edman (S) 2B
    2. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    3. Tyler O’Neill (R) LF
    4. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    5. Dylan Carlson (S) RF
    6. Yadier Molina (R) C
    7. Edmundo Sosa (R) SS
    8. Harrison Bader (R) CF
    9. Miles Mikolas (R) P

1982 willie
    Participant

Yea I definitely think Dejong needs to go for both sides benefit. I personally would like them to go for a better established player but the Cardinals usually go the route of hoping the player they have turns into a stud as opposed to paying for someone who already is.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

PugsleyAddams wrote……

Just minutes from the park and the I-94 traffic is just awful. But as I contemplate tonight’s big game, one persistent thought keeps coming to mind…………..we all know that Rat went to the Gasthof for his weekly buffet, but just what did he indulge in??

Fried chicken, fish, mashed potatoes/gravy, noodles, baked carrots, dressing, green beans, baked apples, and some of that apple crisp stuff and cherry cobbler. Along with some vanilla soft serve ice cream. And today I had a Mello Yello instead of Sweet Tea.

Me and Whitey Herdog will be on the couch tonight for the Cards/Brewers game from County Stadium and then later we will be viewing the Giants/Padres game from Jack Murphy Stadium. Three cigars are on the agenda for tonight as well.

r/Esteemed Rat

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

DeJong will be a tough sell this winter for a few reasons. He’s being seriously outplayed by Sosa for one thing. And there are plenty of premium shortstops hitting the market. He is not going to get the chance to build any value between now and then. I just hope Mo doesn’t package him with any prospects.

1982 willie
    Participant

Oneil hits number 29, might end up with more than arenado if he keeps this up.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Oneil hits number 29, might end up with more than arenado if he keeps this up.

I’d be happy if they got into a HR race over the rest of the season.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Edman with the two RBI sacrifice…Bader scores from 2nd on the tag. Quite the play there.

1982 willie
    Participant

Bader with great hustle scoring on that sac fly from second base and Cain got the ball to the other guy pretty quick in center after making a nice leaping catch. That’s why I appreciate bader so much. That’s not even in a lot of guys mind at that point. You have to think that right at that moment.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This might turn into a real winning streak.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Now double-double-double from Goldy, O’Neill and Arenado. 6-0 Cards. Baseball is fun when you’re playing well.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 74 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.