2021 Cardinals MLB Game 150 thread – Tuesday, Sept. 21 at Brewers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 150 thread – Tuesday, Sept. 21 at Brewers

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 132 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:40 p.m.
    LHP Jon Lester (6-6, 4.67) vs. RHP Brandon Woodruff (9-9, 2.55)
    BSM // KMOX
    Also BSSW+ in Oklahoma and Arkansas and BSSE in TN, KY and MS

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

FYI,
    For your new posters that is Front Row Amy that sits in the front row at Milwaukee. She likes to show off her assets. Too bad she’s not a St. Louis fan.

Could we possibly make it ten in a row???

r/Esteemed Rat

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Amy has been filling out that seat for a few years now. Makes you wish for an all lefty hitting lineup.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I know what to get Rat and KansasCardFan for Christmas. A Front Row Amy bobblehead…..and it sure will bobble your ….

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Is Woodford pitching tonight?

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Tommy Edman (S) 2B
    2. P. Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    3. Tyler O’Neill (R) LF
    4. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    5. Dylan Carlson (S) RF
    6. Yadier Molina (R) C
    7. Edmundo Sosa (R) SS
    8. Harrison Bader (R) CF
    9. Jake Woodford (R) P

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

All of you email pen pals already know that I opted to attend last night’s game instead of staying home to watch the GB throttling of the Lions. Last night’s din-din was a couple ball park giant dogs smothered in raw onions, kraut and yellow mustard, bag of peanuts in the shell(anyone else out there eat the shells too?), 2 cotton candies and a large cola to wash her all down with. I’d love to get to double digits in consecutive wins, but I think our streak ends at 9…..hope to God I’m wrong. I’m compelled to call this one 8-3 Crew with Yelich getting off the proverbial schneid with a couple of dingeroos. I’m staying home tonight, so if you guys will have me, I think I’ll thank my lucky stars and join you for a bit of riveting game threading.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

According to the Doppler Radar it looks like the Pirates/Reds game from Crosley Field will start on time tonight. However, it does appear as if there is a chance of rain in the area as the evening lingers on.

Anyway, me and Whitey Herdog will be on the couch tuning in tonight. Three games are on the agenda for this evening. The first few innings of the Pirates/Reds, then the Cards/Brewers from Miller Park, and then the Giants/Padres from Jack Murphy Stadium. Probably going to be a few cigars consumed tonight.

And my din-din today was a grilled chicken sandwich from the Dairy Queen, some noodles and baked apples from the deli at the grocery, and a Mt. Dew. Then a couple of those ice cream things that I cant think of the name at the moment. And tomorrow is the day to head to the Amish restaurant, the Gasthof.

r/Esteemed Rat

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Then a couple of those ice cream things that I can’t think of the name at the moment.

Klondike bars, Rat.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We could have a “Wood” get both a win and a loss on the pitching ledger of things in this one. Let’s hope it’s the “ruff” one being saddled with the setback. Speaking of baseball “Wood” or “Woods”…….how about Wilbur Wood or Kerry Wood……or a super cool one……Woody Woodward……any others?

PadsFS
    Participant

Free

It’s really amazing when a lineup comes together. I quite like this one with Carlson hitting 5th.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

how about Wilbur Wood or Kerry Wood……or a super cool one……Woody Woodward……any others?

As youngsters, played strat-o-matic with a friend who loved to go with Woodie Fryman as his starter.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Woody Fryman of the Phils and Expos…..I knew Euro would come up with a dandy. Has to be another out there.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Edman walk and stolen base, Goldy ground out to advance Edman, O’Neill sac fly get the Cards up 1-0 in the 1st.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A small ball run. Who are these guys?

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Woodford throwing too many pitches walked second batter. Has he not been paying attention.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If he walks another guy Ponce him.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Woodford escapes the 1st with no scoreboard damage, but throws 26 pitches.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ha!…..Blingster.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Our Wood better than their Wood thru 1 complete…..wood you believe?

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Good thru three! Now let’s tack on some more runs. Would love to see a crooked number here!

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I feel a big inning here starting with N.A.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pirates all over the Reds in the bottom of inning #6…….3-2 your merry but nervous score.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Woodruff 71 pitches thru 4 frames, giving him a shelf life of about only 2 more innings. Much thanks to Yadi striking out to end the Cardinal 4th……but in the process tacking on 9 pitches to Woodruff’s evening . Still 1-0 Good Guys.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Big inning for Woodford, might be his last. Need to get through it unscathed.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 132 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years