2021 Cardinals MLB Game 137 thread – Friday, September 10 vs. Reds

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 137 thread – Friday, September 10 vs. Reds

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

7:15 p.m.
    LHP Jon Lester (5-6, 4.89) vs. RHP Tyler Mahle (11-5, 3.76)
    BSM // KMOX // WIJR
    Also BSSW+ in Oklahoma and Arkansas and BSSO in TN, KY and MS

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

We catch another break last night – thursday night. The Rockies down the Phillies at Connie Mack Stadium by the score of 4-3.

Wouldn’t a sweep of the Reds be nice?

r/Esteemed Rat

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Well, it’s probably necessary…..

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Lester has been pretty good lately. I wonder if the Cardinals will offer him a contract for next year.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

I guess he could start the year in StL if and until a better option presents itself at Memphis?

What would they likely have to pay him?

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Not sure where to post this question:

Does anyone remember what year they started throwing out the baseball every time it touches the ground and what spurred the decision? Remember the days when the ump used to examine the ball, give it a rub or wipe it on his sleeve and toss it back? I always thought pitchers liked the ball a bit scuffed, and some rascals even went to great lengths to scuff it, but now they always want a pristine ball.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

CIF said:

I always thought pitchers liked the ball a bit scuffed…

Of course, they do, just like they liked the sticky stuff on their hands, but the intent is for the game to be played fairly by hitters and pitchers alike. New balls mean less chance for cheating.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We are going to need a substantial influx of pitching this winter if next year is to be any different. Hopefully Mo will be active enough to avoid the embarrassment of raking waste piles to fill out the staffs at MLB and the upper levels of the system. We have seen what there is in our system and there is not enough and what there is is not good enough to stock the MLB roster on opening day and then keep it stocked for 162 games.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Delino DeShields starting in CF for Cincy. Seems like a blast from the past. No Cards lineup yet.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Tommy Edman (S) 2B
    2. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    3. Tyler O’Neill (R) LF
    4. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    5. Yadier Molina (R) C
    6. Dylan Carlson (S) RF
    7. Paul DeJong (R) SS
    8. Harrison Bader (R) CF
    9. Jon Lester (L) P

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

For din din we are heading out to one of the Indian/Tibetan restaurants we used to frequent pre pandemic.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I missed din-din today. Had a trip to the ER down in Jasper. Dizziness, nausea, vomiting, sweating, and the room was spinning. Thought I might be having a stroke. Spent most of the afternoon down there getting an EKG, bloodwork, CT scan. Everything came out normal and the ER doctor diagnosed me with Vertigo. Gave me a couple of prescriptions to take on an as needed basis. I hope I dont have to go through this for a long time now.

r/Esteemed Rat

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Take it easy on the couch with Whitey Herdog.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well I can’t say when they started getting rediculous with the throwing out of balls that just barely touch the ground, I think it’s just kind of slowly evolved. It was 1920 I believe when they first started going that way. They no longer kept reusing balls that went into stands, made certain pitches illegal, could no longer doctor balls with anything such as chewing tobacco, or files. While not as stringent as today, they threw out balls that got too dirty. Far as pitchers preferring a scuffed ball, it’s not true anymore in majors at least because they are so used to throwing a clean ball that they prefer that. I do wonder in an age of climate change if there isn’t a better way so they aren’t making more balls than they need. Sure I know those balls go to fans or are used in practice but still seems like a big waste to me and not very eco friendly.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I wonder if arenado wants them to move the fence into about where he just hit that one.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Wonder if our pitchings good enough to move in the fences? May make things worse. We don’t exactly score alot of runs but it has improved lately.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Yadi dinger Tie game!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Lester doing a good job so far…

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I understand shifting and all but I don’t agree with moving your second baseman on the shortstop side of second. If you put him just on the normal side of second, maybe just side of the bag, you don’t lose much to any defensive play to the left side and your second baseman might be able to make some plays on the ball to the normal second base side. Just silly.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The ump has called at least 4 balls that were strikes.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Dang Goldy make him throw you a good pitch!

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Tied going into the ninth! The the pen to hold them here!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

This ump has a strike zone starting at the top if your socks. Need a golf club to hit some of those. Yeah Willie the shift stuffs getting crazy. Leaving huge gaps says to me “hit it here!” Some guys can’t do it though. Really good players can hit to any field.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

We were supposed to get that run!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Defense sloppy now

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years