2021 Cardinals MLB Game 34 thread – Saturday, May 8 vs. Rockies

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 34 thread – Saturday, May 8 vs. Rockies

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

1:15 p.m.
    RHP Carlos Martinez (2-4, 2.72) vs. RHP Chi Chi González (1-0, 4.38)
    BSM // KMOX // WIJR
    Also BSSW+ in Oklahoma and Arkansas and BSSO in TN, KY and MS

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Just checked the Doppler radar. St. Louis appears to be in the clear so getting this one in shouldnt be a problem. But, like I always say, I am not a meterologist so we shall see.

Hopefully Martinez can build upon his fine outing he had in Pittsburgh last Sunday. Who knows, with all the no-hitters being tossed maybe he will get one.

And din-din today, which will begin about the time of first pitch, will be some chicken legs in the air fryer, mashed potatoes/gravy, and a Pepsi. Then either a piece of cherry pie from the amish restaurant or some homemade ice cream. Or both. Then me and Whitey Herdog will once again be on the couch with a 7×50 Palma Real cigar.

r/Esteemed Rat

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Edman 2B
    Carlson RF
    Goldschmidt 1B
    Arenado 3B
    DeJong SS
    Molina C
    O’Neill LF
    Bader CF
    Martinez P

Welcome back Yadi!

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Headed to the favorite Mexican diner for an early dinner. Beef chimichanga for me!

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Lineup is better with Bader in 8 slot.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

I just got up from a din-din of turkey breast and mushrooms cooked in a sauce of white wine and cream and poured over macaroni, followed by a salad and washed down with iced tea. Ended things with another batch of good ol’ rice pudding like mom used to make. (The last time was so good I just had to do it again).

I like this lineup. If Carlos is on his game this could be fun to watch.

Rah Cardinals!

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Yadi back. Knizner had a shot to show he can be the guy in the near future. He did okay and seems fine on the defensive end. Did not show much with the bat, but heck, Yadi did not hit much in his early years either.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Nice first inning. Gotta be the turkey.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well carlos a shaky start, but team is picking him up here. Nice to have yadi back and this should be our lineup going forward generally barring more injuries. Nice leadoff by edman. Seeing 9 pitches.

Mrperkins
    Participant

Free

Got the grill fired up for some prime New York strips from local Harter House market and some bavarian skin-on wieners. The wife is in charge of sides so I don’t know what the accompaniment will be yet. I plan on watching the game this evening as it is a pain to connect the labtop to get around the blackout.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well arenado left some guys on here in a couple at bats, maybe we can pick him up here

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Another fun inning.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m sorry that should be an error on oneil. That’s why his gold glove last year tells me nothing when they make rulings like that. I still believe in the eye test and in that oneil is not a gold Glover.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Not able to follow the game today. How did Yadi clear the bases with a single?

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Well Carlos forgot what that little white slab is for.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I don’t get it. The ball clunks off the heel of the fielder’s glove and it isn’t an error. Carlos deserved better.

Two-run blast by Goldschmidt puts the Cards back in front. Three hits for Goldy already today.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Goldy gives CM a hand. We’re back!

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A nice way to come back there. Martinez got a little wild but oneil didn’t help him.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Another misplay from oneil. Hopefully doesn’t hurt us.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Gallegos and Reyes let the Rockies creep to within one run in the eighth.

Heard on the telecast that Goldy’s three hits today all had 104 mph or higher exit velo and he ranks no. 5 in the National League in that category.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Reyes strikes out three in the ninth, including Big City to seal the 9-8 win. Never a doubt. 😉

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Well, that was a struggle. But at least the bats were working. Rah Cardinals!

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Good to see the Cards fight and take this one with the bats today. Carlos wasn’t great but he did enough to get the win. It happens sometimes. Let’s hope Waino is on top of things tomorrow and the bats can run the score up again.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years