Albert Pujols

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Albert Pujols

Viewing 25 posts - 226 through 250 (of 424 total)
  • Author
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

If Albert thinks he can still play everyday I guess that makes me wonder what has he been doing the last few years? And the answer is – not much.

r/Esteemed Rat

1982 willie
    Participant

Well I read an article this morning about it. Apparently Albert was told he was going to be in starting lineup, but then later was pulled. He got mad about it, said some stuff to maddon and the higher ups. Things got heated and he asked for his release cause he feels like he can still play. I think his numbers the last few years tell a different story. Like the article mentioned, if he had announced he was retiring after this season, I think it would have ended better. Assuming he still struggled, he probably would have still had to sit some but he probably would have started most games cause people would want to see him. It’s odd though. His numbers don’t look good by normal views but by league average they aren’t terrible, talking about this year’s numbers.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If he can’t start for a team in last place (Angels) how is he going to start for a true contender?

so_cal_cards_fan
    Participant

Free

The Athletic has an hour-long interview with Maddon and Jayson Stark about the discussions with, and involving Pujols.

Personally I hope he finds a place to play as much as he can. I don’t keep up much with the AL so I really don’t have a clue where he could go.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Rosenthal reports that Pujols has cleared waivers and has become a FA.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If Albert thinks he can still play everyday . . .

I seriously doubt he thinks about whether he can play or not. He wants 4 chances to hit a homer every day. That’s what he thinks.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

So…….now that he’s cleared waivers and is a FA we might know something in the next 24-48 hours as to whether or not a team might be interested in him.

Correct?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Warning: OF course, every MLB team other than the Angels probably had an internal conversation about him. That says nothing about the odds of it actually happening. (I posted this more to head off overly-optimistic thoughts.)

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

No source mentioned, of course.

so_cal_cards_fan
    Participant

Free

I think he is 5 XBH and about 22 TB away from moving up, but that’s from memory.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

As I have said before I don’t see the fit with the Cardinals. Is he any better than Nogowski? If Pujols wants regular AB’s to try to get to 700 HR’s I don’t see how he could do that in St. Louis.

Some would argue it would be a good marketing move for the Cards but do the Cards really need Albert to sell tickets? I mean we are in first place.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Albert doesn’t provide anything in the field, and with the bat he’s probably a little better than Carp and provides some HR pop. Without a DH that’s not really worth exploring beyond the ceremonial signing, IMO.

Mrperkins
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Puhols signs with dodgers. Do their vegas odds drop?

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Does Muncy move over to 2ndbase alot? I wonder how soon Bellinger is going to return?

Doesnt seem like a great fit to me.

r/Esteemed Rat

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Guessing Albert starts a lot against lefties, and is a righty bat off the bench for the Dodgers. He stays in the LA area, and will no doubt see post season. An all around good thing for Albert. How much he has left to help the Dodgers is certainly questionable.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nobody ever has sources for the info anymore. Old fashioned I guess. 3 game series with them starts May 31

1982 willie
    Participant

Good for Albert. Seems more like a move to maybe get another ring as opposed to anything else. I don’t see him getting lots of at bats there. But if he gets hot, who knows.

1982 willie
    Participant

I read article about pujols going to dodgers and why it was a good move and I actually agree with it even though I wasn’t sure it was a good move before. They got Utley when he was pretty much done and he was a good leader and played well, same with freese after that. So Albert can be a good leader especially on a team that’s competing for playoffs. It’s one reason I thought cards might should have done it though only if they released carpenter. But at same time cards should have the leaders to get the job done here.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

There were comments stating the Cardinals tossed around the idea of bringing Albert back. The only way it could happen would be to release Carpenter, who is another somewhat franchise player though not near the level of Pujols.

Had the DH been used this year I bet the Cards would have brought him back on board. But unless Goldy is out for an extended stretch, Albert would not have gotten many opportunities here. At least in LA he can platoon, plus have a good chance at finishing his career with a ring.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

I wish he would retire gracefully. This can’t be about money – it might be about stats but he’s a first ballot HoFer – maybe he just really likes that locker room smell?

Viewing 25 posts - 226 through 250 (of 424 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.