Former Cardinals in the News

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Former Cardinals in the News

Viewing 25 posts - 1,376 through 1,400 (of 2,317 total)
  • Author
    mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Cardinals must have an in house policy that keeps players from using steroids. Now, I’m not implying that Voit, Garcia, and now, Wisdom are doing anything illegal. These are ethical guys who would never do such a thing.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The hits just keep a coming. Our good friend “The Rock”( that’s “Max Schrock” to the layman ) had a pretty fair day yesterday for Cincinnati, before leaving with a leg injury. “The Rock” doubled, tripled and homered, but could not quite get that ever elusive single, in the Redlegs 11-1 throttling of Philadelphia.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Patrick Wisdom has belted another dinger at Wrigley this evening. It came with a man on and the cubbies hold a 4-3 advantage in the 7th.

GACard
    Participant

Free

It is becoming quite crazy to see so much success for former Cards. Wisdom still in an insanely small sample size, but helping the Cubs against the Padres in a tight race is never what you want to see

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

… 7 HR in 13 games since the #Cubs called him up …

Yeah, well we got Lane Thomas and that guy who struck out in the 9th to end it today, so there.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Paul7
    Participant

Free

Wisdom is the first player in the modern era to have 8 HRs in his first 36 ABs in the season.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

.500 babip and 37% K rate means he stinks, the Cubs must have a stupid computer.

Paul7
    Participant

Free

So must MLB if he was Player of the Week.

Not uncommon for HR hitters to strike out a lot.

Paul7
    Participant

Free

Maybe the Cards can sign Lance Lynn when he’s a free agent next year. Seems to be doing pretty well, 7-1, 1.23 ERA, good enough to crack the Cardinal rotation, lol.

Wisdom now has more HRs than Goldschmidt, I see, he of the $130M contract.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wisdom now has more HRs than Goldschmidt, I see, he of the $130M contract.

Adolis Garcia has more HRs than Goldschmidt and Aranado combined.

Paul7
    Participant

Free

Unreal. In fairness to the Cardinals, if anyone claims they know the future production of a given player they probably lie about other things too.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

We will see how all of this settles, not too mention how these former Cardinals careers play out. But I tell ya, I have never seen a time when so many former Cardinals excelled at the same time since the mid-70s. It is almost uncanny.

But we have at least two things going for us. Luke Voit has tanked this year so far, the “Tanking Yankee”. And Stephen Piscotty has not been very good with Oakland other than his first year out there. Also Arozarena has not exactly set the world on fire, .731 OPS as of today.

Paul7
    Participant

Free

Every team has their hits and misses, it all averages out pretty much.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Is Shelby Miller coming back to the Cards?

Mrperkins
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Mlb trade rumors reporting Cardinals interested in re-signing Shelby Miller to help shore up Memphis pitching staff. Sounds like he did ok at AAA Iowa earlier this year before being bombed in MLB. Hitting 93.5 mph on the fastball. I certainly think there are worse options.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t think Miller pitched but a handful of innings in the minors this year. It must be 5 or 6 years since he has had any success. If it happens it seems like every bit as much of a desperation play as signing the 32 year old Indy ball guy. I wish them both success though. The Indy ball guy getting his first shot at affiliated ball after 10 pro seasons is even more extreme than the Jose Martinez story.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

It is less a desperation play and more about needing someone to eat minor league innings.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Austin Gomber has made 13 GS with a 3.95 ERA and a season average GSc of 54 while accumulating 3 wins in his last 4 starts. He has one GSc clunker on the season.

Surprisingly he has a 1.33 ERA at Coors field in 20 IP vs the Dodgers, Astros, Padres and Rangers.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Jeff Luhnow, out of baseball since being suspended for cheating, is looking at transitioning to the Mexican soccer league.

https:
    //www.crawfishboxes.com/2021/2/11/22277959/jeff-luhnow-the-next-chapter

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gomber shuts down the Padres at Coors Field.
    8 IP, 0 ER, GSc 80

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Another part of that trade, Elehuris Montero, is only having moderate success this year for Colorado’s AA affiliate. His line is .195/.315/.398/.713 with 7 HR and 24 RBI.

Paul7
    Participant

Free

Another HR for Patrick Wisdom, #9, he maintains his HR lead over the $130M man Goldy. Always risky giving a big contract to a 30ish star who was really good a few years ago. The Cardinals didn’t take that bait when it came to Albert Pujols.

Viewing 25 posts - 1,376 through 1,400 (of 2,317 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.