CMart to IL

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Carlos slipped on the steps during Flaherty’s home run celebration on Friday, but imaging came out clean and the doctors said he could pitch on Saturday. It must have worsened.

We will get more from Shildt later this afternoon.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

self inflicted

14NyquisT
    Participant

5-9-21….. I commented

Martinez to the IL?? Let’s see what transpires.

Gee…..what a surprise. Any physical complaint = to the IL. It happens nearly every time.

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Guys do dumb things and get hurt…guys do smart things and get hurt…this seems a minor thing…too bad though as he was kind of on a roll

What upsets me..is that we called up Oviedo…Tuesday…yet he is supposed to start Thursday… why Tuesday?

Why not actually call up something that could be useful for a couple of days before needing Oviedo?

You know, like maybe a pinch runner like Hurst for an extra inning game on Tuesday?

Or an extra catcher so we can use Knizner for a couple pinch hit opportunities without worry like Tuesday?

Or maybe an extra arm in case we go to extra innings like Tuesday?

OR maybe just anything..it is a waste of a spot for 2 games that could be a big deal…why bring him up… just a dumb move and I could care less what the party line is on the “Reason”, it is a mistake plain and simple.

Especially with the taxi squad, you could have put Oviedo on Taxi so he is up and prepping…but bring back Ali or really anyone

so frustrating…

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Oviedo was optioned on the 6th and thus was ineligible to be called up before 10 days was up unless there was an injury. So if they called that player up for yesterday and today, the only way Oviedo could pitch tomorrow was if there was another injury.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I also explained this in my article yesterday on the home page. In reality, it was a creative way to get Oviedo up sooner to help than would otherwise be allowed.

P.S. Oviedo’s next start will be on Friday in San Diego.

grayssportsalmanacc
    Participant

Free

At what point in the future do i get called a “boomer” for still calling it the DL?

Mrperkins
    Participant

Free

I think Rat and I will back you if anyone cries foul at referring to the list as the DL.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years