Affiliate Observations 2021

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Affiliate Observations 2021

Viewing 25 posts - 226 through 250 (of 266 total)
  • Author
    Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Next year will be interesting to see how many 2021 draftees fill starting rotations for Palm Beach and Peoria. I am counting possibly 8 or 9.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

What has become of Willis? I guess he will start his pro career next year at the FCL?

14NyquisT
    Participant

With the release of McGovern there’s a spot open in the Springfield rotation. I don’t know if Pallante and or Pike are ready to come off the IL to replace him. Bretell and Black who were put into the rotation to eat innings can be replaced also.

Peoria’s Lunn- Pereira and Gragg have been pitching well enough to advance. I think that there will be more changes soon.

Vinsky’s departure just puts anther hole in the organization’s outfield situation at A+ and A is made up of young guys really struggling this season. Peoria and Palm Beach could use some bodies.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

There is another Taveras tearing it up for the DSL Red team. Felix Taveras has homered 3 times in September already. 5 homers, 22 rbis in 89 abs. .337, .394, .640 with ops of 1.034 are very impressive. Hopefully this is more than a small sample size.

Mrperkins
    Participant

Free

Who is the one who has to break it to Puggs about Alexander F?

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Walker started slowly at Peoria, but is quickly adapting.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

With no short season clubs any more the teenagers have to grow up fast.

dblack
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Palante and Pike should piggyback tonight.

bccran
    Participant

It appears that TCN had Brendan Donovan ranked # 50 prospect for 2021. Looks like that was a tad off.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I like Donovan but he is not a T.O poster boy. A lefty bat who is happy enough to slap an outer edge pitch the other way. Not at all what the Cards development staff seems to like. Puts Albert’s gaggle of babble spouting wonks to sleep. Scouting report makes his arm sound dubious as far as an everyday MLB 3rd baseman.

I wish the Cardinals would focus more on scouting out and developing that type of lefty hitter. We desperatly need one and as of now Nootbaar is it and he is a question mark so far. Carlson so far doesn’t produce well from the left side, and Gorman is going to run into the shift in MLB and may well be another Matt Adams whose career is truncated by it.

bccran
    Participant

Burleson is struggling, but many think he is a very solid left handed bat. Just pushed to AAA awfully fast. My guess is that in the long Burleson will beat out
    Nootbaar.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Patrick Romeri, just turned 20 years old at the end of June, OPSed 1.044 for the last month with 4 HRs in only 64 AB. He started so slowly that I was beginning to wonder if he was going to fizzle out and never make it out out of Low A.

bccran
    Participant

A lot of posters seem to be high on him, Mudville. Pretty high ceiling.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Romeri is our no. 26 prospect in the system. New rankings are coming out Sunday…

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I would hope Walsh gets moved up to Memphis to end the year. I see Pallante, Walsh, and Santos helping St Lou next year. Walsh has the stuff, and the strike throwing ability, to be our closer next year. His big if is health.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Austin Love (3rd rd. 2021) was sent up to Palm Beach yesterday and pitched the third and fourth innings after McGreevy (1st rd. 2021) pitched the first two. Love is a very solid 6’3″ 230lbs. The Cards are being very careful with those two as they are always with young high draft pick rookie pitchers. It will be interesting to see them at Peoria next season.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yepez coming up soon??

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Oops..

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Whoops, I misread that. Yepez should actually be called up but the team needs to keep giving pinch hit at bats to Carp, apparently.

GACard
    Participant

Free

Very encouraging season from Gorman. I think the most encouraging thing is how he’s cut his K rate to under 20% so far in AAA

Walker seems to have tapped back into his power after adjusting to High-A as well

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

An off the radar guy who will probably get a look in 2022 spring training is Austin Warner. Candidate for pen lefty next year. He was an NRI this past spring. Undersize undrafted lefty who tops out at 90-92.

He’s been consistently good all year in AAA pen and spot starts. Commands an assortment of pitches. Kind of sounds like the junk ball pitchers you used to see in the past but not much any more. No telling if he could get MLB hitters out. But I just have a feeling a minimum wage lefty who throws strikes might find a job in our pen next year.

bccran
    Participant

Gorman and Walker keep hitting. Nice to see Burleson with a 2 hit game.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Nicky Dunn had a great night on Thursday. Have you noticed that he never goes too far North or South of .250?

bccran
    Participant

The Top 50 prospects poll voting on by all posters before the season was enjoyable. Maybe we should think about a post season Top 50 poll since the recent TCN Top 50 is only for paying members. Might be fun. Thoughts?

ZTR
    Participant

Free

I’m not qualified. I give my proxy to Blingboy.

Viewing 25 posts - 226 through 250 (of 266 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years