Former Cardinals in the News

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Former Cardinals in the News

Viewing 25 posts - 1,426 through 1,450 (of 2,316 total)
  • Author
    gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A simpler way to say it is Nogo had 1 hit in 18 AB’s with the Cardinals and has 19 hits in 42 AB’s with the Pirates.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Baseball and its stats. With one hit under his belt as a Card, Nogo will probably stay about where he is unless guys like LeBlanc, Gallegos, and Helsley starting swinging a hotter bat.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The St. Louis Cardinals announced it will host a 10-year anniversary reunion of the 2011 World Series Championship team at Busch Stadium on Saturday, September 18. Over 25 former players and coaches from the 2011 team, including Cardinals Hall of Famer Chris Carpenter, World Series MVP David Freese, 2011 Cardinals All-Stars Lance Berkman and Matt Holliday, are scheduled to take part in a pregame ceremony before that evening’s 6:15 PM game against the visiting San Diego Padres.

1982 willie
    Participant

That sounds cool. It isn’t one of my favorite teams since they only won the wild card to get in which I don’t like the wild card but still great they are honoring them. Maybe they will have a 40 year anniversary for my 82 squad next season. Sadly some of those guys aren’t around anymore.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Game 6 of that Series has been ranked as one of the top 5 World Series games of all time (by BA if I remember correctly).

Mrperkins
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Brock Peterson was rewarded for a monster year at Memphis in 2013 with his only cup of coffee in the majors with our squad. Sadly he now paralyzed from chest down from a diving accident earlier this month.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Max Schrock went 5 for 5 with a homer today for the Reds.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Max Schrock went 5 for 5 with a homer today for the Reds.

Joey Who?????

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sorry to hear about Peterson.

I think Shrock is famous for once being traded for Scrabble.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

ESPN recently did a poll of their writers on how the MLB awards would end up this year.

For AL rookie of the year the top two vote getters were:

Randy Arozarena
    Adolis Garcia

For NL rookie of the year:

Third place was Patrick Wisdom
    Eighth place was Dylan Carlson

https://www.espn.com/mlb/insider/story/_/id/31998464/mlb-awards-watch-wide-open-nl-mvp-race-new-cy-young-leader-ohtani-vs-vlad-jr-debate

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Here they were blocked by guys hitting .230

UConn Card

Paid - Annual

Ugh

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I guess the Nogo magic is over in Pittsburgh.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

See, the Cardinals screwed up again… Oh, never mind…

PadsFS
    Participant

gscottar

For AL rookie of the year the top two vote getters were:

Randy Arozarena
    Adolis Garcia

Former/Current Cardinals Outfielders by OPS:
    O’Neill – .856
    Arozarena – .811
    Bader – .783
    A. Garcia – .772
    Carlson – .760

Others:
    Pham – .746
    Grichuk – .735
    Ozuna – .645
    Piscotty – .623
    Mercado – .616
    Sierra – .559

1982 willie
    Participant

Yep nogowski couldn’t stay on pirates. So it was really was him, not situation. Maybe he gets lucky and finds another home.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If Arozarena were still here, he’d be our 4th outfielder. He hasn’t outplayed O’Neill or Bader (except for during the 2020 playoffs), and the Cardinals are committed to Carlson.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

I am glad the club stuck with O’Neill. Always have felt he needed to play.

One odd thing about Bally Sports’ broadcasts – they periodically show a crawl of our leaders in OPS, but O’Neill is left off the list.

Arozarena has done well, but not MVP level like he looked last Fall. But what these guys do elsewhere is only half the story. The other half is what we got for them. And sadly, we did not get much. Liberatore could be a good story, but we got nothing for Garcia or Wisdom.

1982 willie
    Participant

He’s not a former player but he’s a cardinal for eternity. Jack Buck was born this day in 1924. I miss Jack. Happy birthday to a guy I listened to on the radio for many a game.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

bikemike said:

“…we got nothing for Garcia or Wisdom…”

That is because they didn’t have perceived value in the market at that time. Both cleared waivers/were free agents after leaving the Cardinals. They bloomed late. Good for them. Wisdom turns 30 next week and Adolis is a rookie at 28.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Chasen Shreve got the win for Pittsburgh over the Cardinals last night.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That is because they didn’t have perceived value

Which seems way more excusable for the 29 teams they hadn’t been working for.

bccran
    Participant

Would you rather have Bader or Arozarena?

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Albert Pujols is quietly having a pretty good run for the Dodgers. I wonder if the Cards will be tempted to sign him to a cheap one year deal next year to be DH or at least a platoon DH. It would sell some tickets too.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think I would rather have Arozarena. He had far more impact in a couple months than Bader will likely have in his career. I suspect RA will be much more of an impact player going forward. Bader should be an OK role player, especially OK on a team that doesn’t need much offense from him.

Viewing 25 posts - 1,426 through 1,450 (of 2,316 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.