2021 Cardinals MLB Game 36 thread – Tuesday, May 11 at Brewers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 36 thread – Tuesday, May 11 at Brewers

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 183 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:40 p.m.
    LHP Kwang Hyun Kim (1-0, 3.06) vs. RHP Freddy Peralta (3-1, 3.38)
    BSM // KMOX
    Also BSSW+ in Oklahoma and Arkansas

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Anybody know what Yelich status is for this series?

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

He was placed on the 10 Day IL on May 4 so I doubt if we see him, unless he is eligible to come back on Thursday. I am not sure about that though.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Corbin Burnes could be back Thursday.If so lets hope some rust developed. He is the one we need to avoid.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Looking forward to this one tonight. Hoping we can get two of three in both the Milwaukee and San Diego series.

I am almost starting to think the Giants might be real. I watched their game last night with Texas and San Francisco pulled out a 3-1 win. Mostly thanks to some sloppy Ranger defense.

Din-din today is a Subway Italian BMT with some cream style corn and chocolate chip cookies. Later tonight me and Whitey Herdog will be on the couch tuning in to Dan and Al and Erica with a big 7×50 Palma Real cigar or two. Then late tonight I’ll catch the remainder of Seattle and Los Angeles from Dodger Stadium.

r/Esteemed Rat

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Tommy Edman (S) 2B
    2. Dylan Carlson (S) RF
    3. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    4. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    5. Paul DeJong (R) SS
    6. Yadier Molina (R) C
    7. Tyler O’Neill (R) LF
    8. Harrison Bader (R) CF
    9. Kwang Hyun Kim (L) P

Gametime Temp: 49°F
    Chance of Precip: 0%

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

yep, that’s our lineup. In his last two starts KK has been PH for in close games, once after completing 5 IP, the other after 4 IP. Both were justifiable, but here’s to hoping KK gets the opportunity to go deeper in the game.

After his abbreviated first start of 3 IP, 3 ER, he’s been very good allowing just 1 ER in each of his next 3 starts (14.2 IP). Those were against good lineups too, of Cincy, Philly and the Mets.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Assume the game time temp of 49 is outside the stadium. And inside Miller Park it will be about 68.

Correct?

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think it is time to consider dropping DeJong lower in the lineup.

Of course he will probably hit two bombs tonight after me saying that.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The roof will be closed for tonight’s game, I called the Miller Park Roof Hotline. With zero chance of precip the roof should be open. Bunch of wieners.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Looks like Tatis just went on the IL for the Padres.

r/Esteemed Rat

David
    Participant

Free

I know we had our struggles early but I feel strongly their is something special about this team. I haven’t felt this way since the 85 team and if not for a blown call at first, we would have won it all. I am predicting the Cardinals will have the division wrapped up heading into the last week of the season. Flaherty will have an ERA south of 2.00, and we’ll Win at least 100 games.

David
    Participant

Free

In 85 when Tudor finished with 21-8 mark and a 1.93 ERA, I know he won 20/21 decisions… just curious if anyone knows what his era was during that span?

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I am encouraged by the run we have had, but we also need to beat good teams. We will see how it goes.

David
    Participant

Free

Another big early season series. Not a must series win with a 2 game lead but it would give doubts into brew crew fans minds… that their team isn’t at our level. Here’s some predictions for tonight’s game.

1. KK has dbl more Ks than Hits allowed.
    2. Cardinals hit at least 3 HR.
    3. Final Score 9-2, Cardinals.

David
    Participant

Free

I am encouraged by the run we have had, but we also need to beat good teams. We will see how it goes.

I understand your not speculation but it’s one thing to sweep the Rockies at home… but it’s another thing to win a series against the crew on the road. That tells more.

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

What’s up with the shitty camera work so far??

David
    Participant

Free

I was thinking the same thing Hammer.

David
    Participant

Free

Wong has done well for the Crew but I’m glad we stuck with Edman

David
    Participant

Free

Kk has had trouble with the walks.. hopefully that won’t be an issue tonight.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Speaking of shitty camera work – WHERE IS FRONT ROW AMY???

I was hoping to see her in the front row tonight..:)

r/Esteemed Rat

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

That was a very good bender from KK right there.

David
    Participant

Free

Big strikeout.

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

Front Row Amy caused seed spillage. My seed.

David
    Participant

Free

2 big outs. Wong still at 2nd

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 183 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years