Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
November 9, 2023 at 4:35 pm in reply to: You Be The Cardinals PBO/GM and Set the 2024 Roster #237036
KeepComingBack
ParticipantYou in big trouble when you start talking about trading TGTE!
November 9, 2023 at 7:10 am in reply to: You Be The Cardinals PBO/GM and Set the 2024 Roster #237010KeepComingBack
ParticipantHey Bling-I will save you 5.5 mil. Trade Tommy. Victor Scott cf. Get a better reliever from the trade. NASCAR on the basepaths with Scott and Winn.
November 9, 2023 at 6:33 am in reply to: You Be The Cardinals PBO/GM and Set the 2024 Roster #237007KeepComingBack
Participant, humbug, it is plausible.
I think in theory your proposal has great merit. Send Mo and Oily on down the road and we are good to go. Much thanks to Mo for all the good teams, but it’s time to triple shuffle the deck. Everything about this organization has gone stale except the young core group. As Bling says, lean on that strength. It’s fun to pretend, right? But how much different is it than what Whitey did? Sent a bunch of fan favorites down the road and ushered in a new era. That’s what we need now.
KeepComingBack
ParticipantI don’t really care who they sign or trade for as long as we win games. Sometimes it’s chemistry that wins. I can’t imagine the drama and atmosphere in that clubhouse last year. I have been against Gray, but maybe that’s the guy we should get. Clearly reliable veteran. Fill in from there. I wouldn’t bring anyone back from last year. It’s Mo’s legacy. Just because we drop a load of $ doesn’t buy wins. Ask Mets Pads Dodgers etc. The guy I’m wanting hasn’t even pitched a major league inning. Just give me a team I’m willing to lose sleep watching at night.(I get up at 4am.)
KeepComingBack
ParticipantActually, the Cardinals need 4 starters. Steven Matz can’t be counted on to produce anything
Harsh reality.
KeepComingBack
ParticipantIt would be a truly amazing feat for them to fix this pitching staff in one year.
KeepComingBack
ParticipantI want to address this “innings eater” myth. That’s just code for average pitching. Problem is,the Cardinals “innings eaters” weren’t average. They were horrible. And our bullpen wasn’t overworked. Our starting pitching was right at league average in innings pitched. Our bullpen was below league average in innings pitched. We just need better pitchers.
KeepComingBack
ParticipantReal good post Forsch 31.
KeepComingBack
ParticipantIf they aren’t willing to spend to the extent that, on paper anyway, they can be considered contenders for something more than a 500ish wildcard team,I don’t see the point. You are better off with more of a rebuild. Nobody wants to hear that, but until this front office gets reorganized, it’s where we are at. Bringing in Sonny Grey as your top acquisition is the worst case scenario. I don’t see how you can add enough to it without trading core guys to fix the pitching. So you give up a Gorman or Donovan, a 2nd round draft pick, spend your money for the next 3-4 years. Where are you if you still are a 500 team? Mo can prove me wrong if he brings in one of the top guys AND Grey and fixes the bullpen. That’s what going for it looks like.
KeepComingBack
ParticipantIt is why I think spending some money this winter just kicks the can down the road.
Bingo
KeepComingBack
ParticipantMud that’s a fair price but I think he goes for a lot more. So we have to overpay. Is that wise? Hey, I’m just playing the game here. This one year rebuild isn’t my first choice. It’s what the fo says they’re going to do. And we all know what that’s about. Ticket sales. But I understand it, so I’m going to support the team like a good soldier. Hope it works.
KeepComingBack
ParticipantIf you want to sign a player with a QO, sign Blake Snell. Sandiego is over the spending threshold and is not eligible for a competitive balance pick. They would get a pick, but I believe it’s after the 4th round. I just don’t really want to give one of our first 2 picks for any of these guys. These aren’t waters this team is going to be wading in for long. We have to figure out a system to supply our major league staff with quality pitching without spending the crazy money. Sign Yammomoto and be done with it.
KeepComingBack
ParticipantI don’t want to give a draft pick for Sonny Gray.
KeepComingBack
ParticipantI would probably take Yammomoto as my #1 target. All his Japanese numbers are outstanding and he’s only 25. Plus he doesn’t require a draft pick sent back. But if we weren’t in such dire need of starting pitching, would I really be that exited to sign a guy with zero major league experience to a contract likely to be the third or fourth largest for a pitcher in major league history? Mo is going to have to take risks to get this thing fixed. Is this one worth it?
KeepComingBack
ParticipantWhen I was a kid, Boog was a mountain of a man. Havn’t seen him lately, but I think I want to remember him like that. I like Arizona.They do all the little things that add up. Hope the Cardinals are watching.
KeepComingBack
ParticipantAnd just for the record Euro, I was digressing not regressing!
KeepComingBack
ParticipantEuro sounds like you are the one lecturing, but I regress. I agree with a lot you say about the inconsistency of this front office the last 5-7 years. But we are just going to have to disagree about this hindsight business. No one had any way to tell that Garcia was going to be as good as he is. Just like no one can accurately predict when a highly touted prospect like Colby Rasmus or Brett Wallace don’t live up to their expectations. Here’s the only evaluating I could find pre cardinals about Garcia.
KeepComingBack
ParticipantBut yet, quite a few did predict he should’ve been kept. Quit acting like they didn’t
I don’t recall anyone saying we should have kept Garcia until after the fact. All major league clubs passed on him. People claim we should have known. OK sure. So who are the quite a few you speak of?
KeepComingBack
ParticipantThat was Moises Gomez, pretty much.
Sounds more like Luken Baker. But either way, who of you that actually watch games instead of only reading stats think that, based on their MLB performance, think either one will have any success in the big leagues? Who thought Lane Thomas could be an everyday outfielder? That’s what I thought. Hindsight is perfect, yet some are defending it. There’s plenty of other things to criticise Mo and our evaluations of players about. If any other teams think those guys (Baker and Gomez) have value, they will offer something of value for them. But they don’t have value (they both are 1.5 htv. That’s not good) and nobody will want them for anything but organizational depth as a throw in on another trade. Garcia was even worse. Nobody wanted him period. So, congratulations to Garcia on his success and to Texas on their good fortune. But quit acting like anyone should have been able to predict it.
KeepComingBack
ParticipantYea me to Euro. For sure I didn’t think he would see anything to hit.
KeepComingBack
ParticipantMontgomery’d have to be suffering from lunacy to return to the Cardinals under the current leadership. No chance he wears a Cardinal uniform come opening day in ’24.
Exactly
KeepComingBack
ParticipantI’m all for legitimate criticism. But what exactly was Jordan Montgomery going to do for the Cardinals in the second half? And The MVP of the Texas league isn’t pocket change. Neither is Techoah Roby. And your chances of getting Monty back are the same.
KeepComingBack
ParticipantStraight from the horses mouth.
KeepComingBack
ParticipantI think whether or not Yadi ends up in St Louis doesn’t change the fact that Oli will have a real short leash next year if things go bad early. Shorter than it probably already is.
KeepComingBack
ParticipantThere’s those “sources” again. In other news——
-
AuthorPosts
