Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
KeepComingBack
ParticipantI get attached to guys too. But this time next year it all has to be straightened out. Church and Saggesse have to have third and center locked down or it’s time to move on if they’re bats arent progressing.
KeepComingBack
ParticipantChurch deserves to be on the team, but seems like a good fourth or fifth outfielder, IMO.
How do we upgrade Center for a few years until Condon gets here? This might be a place Bill could throw us a bone.
KeepComingBack
ParticipantIf it weren’t for the uncertainty of the labor contract looming, this offseason would be filled with intriguing possibilities concerning player movement. As is, I agree with Brian. It will be filled with caution. I expect nothing more than movement within the organization. Maybe some cheap fa bullpen guys.
KeepComingBack
ParticipantPersonally, what I’d like to see and what I think will happen are not necessarily the same. I
Could you share what those 2 scenarios are?
KeepComingBack
ParticipantCondon is a long ways off.
I think they will try and get a feel for how long that might be before they spend assets on a cf. They already forked over a first round pick.
KeepComingBack
Participantalthough I know there have been times in public where Mark could be kind of surly.
That and add the steroid thing in there and he just wasn’t my favorite player. I saw his 62nd hr. But I hated that year. We kind of sucked and focusing all that attention on one player instead of the team just didn’t sit right with me.
KeepComingBack
ParticipantMost likely our long term starting CF is not in the organization yet.
Trevor Condon? 6th ranked prospect. I wouldn’t see them trading for or paying a fa until they get a better feel for him. Same with Josiah Ragsdale. It’s not out of the question for Church to improve his bat enough to hold the position until one of those other guys is ready.
KeepComingBack
ParticipantI’m all for doing what’s best for the rebuild. But that doesn’t mean squeezing every last penny. They need to spend a bit on the bullpen and maybe a May type deal. I think they will. They’ve shown they want to protect their young pitchers arms and those moves are needed to do that. And let’s not completely forget the fans in this whole deal. Even though it’s still a rebuild year, we need to show some incremental improvements in order to have a better wl record.
KeepComingBack
ParticipantDoyle injured. I
Blister
September 12, 2026 at 3:23 pm in reply to: St. Louis 2026 Game #148 thread – Friday, Sept. 11 vs. Chicago White Sox #318738KeepComingBack
ParticipantI’m very excited to see where it goes.
We all should be. RR and Jesus Baez look anything like they’re supposed to and our lineup is in really great shape. as
September 12, 2026 at 11:35 am in reply to: St. Louis 2026 Game #148 thread – Friday, Sept. 11 vs. Chicago White Sox #318725KeepComingBack
ParticipantWe also got more than half of our production from guys called up from Memphis.
September 10, 2026 at 9:21 am in reply to: St. Louis 2026 Game #147 thread –Wednesday, Sept. 9 at San Francisco Giants #318622KeepComingBack
ParticipantBling-I think most good players hate losing. I believe in winning culture. But I also believe good coaches and good team leaders don’t over react or dramatize every loss. And more importantly lack of talent is hard to overcome for any length of time in team sports.
September 9, 2026 at 3:14 pm in reply to: St. Louis 2026 Game #147 thread –Wednesday, Sept. 9 at San Francisco Giants #318547KeepComingBack
ParticipantDirty Harry blasted the Scorpio killer with his 44
No way to know how many times I’ve seen that movie. Probably a tie with Outlaw Josie Wales.
September 6, 2026 at 4:46 pm in reply to: St. Louis 2026 Game #144 thread –Sunday, Sept. 6 at Colorado Rockies #318242KeepComingBack
ParticipantIf you don’t love The Ferminator then you simply don’t love baseball.
He knows his role.
September 6, 2026 at 4:35 pm in reply to: St. Louis 2026 Game #144 thread –Sunday, Sept. 6 at Colorado Rockies #318238KeepComingBack
ParticipantNice PA by Saggese. Love a bat control guy
The 2023 Texas League MVP looked horrid his first opportunity to seize a job. Looks like he thinks he may have a reprieve. He has more talent than the other guys that may be in competition with him.
September 6, 2026 at 9:25 am in reply to: St. Louis 2026 Game #144 thread –Sunday, Sept. 6 at Colorado Rockies #318192KeepComingBack
ParticipantBad defense and poor fundamentals is more upsetting to me than anything else. I changed the channel.
September 5, 2026 at 7:51 pm in reply to: St. Louis 2026 Game #143 thread –Saturday, Sept. 5 at Colorado Rockies #318158KeepComingBack
ParticipantBaez is better than I thought he would be, even after his historic first day. That was a Jackaroo!
KeepComingBack
ParticipantBrian-This may have been asked and answered so I apologize if it has-But if Bernal is brought up and RR is promoted to Memphis, how does that work with their respective teams playoffs?
KeepComingBack
ParticipantThere’s real bad situations to walk guys. That’s for sure.
I would be very interested in how players that we had the chance to take but didnt turn out just as much as how our players we did take do.
We don’t like talking about those guys, Willie.
-
This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by
KeepComingBack.
August 30, 2026 at 2:03 pm in reply to: St. Louis 2026 Game #138 thread – Sunday, August 30 vs. Pittsburgh Pirates #317571KeepComingBack
ParticipantDierburghs oven fried chicken with Nates pepper infused honey and cheesy Texas potatoes. Arnies Diet Half and half lemonade and tea. Nestles drumstick ice cream cone. probably 3 of those. If Lib doesnt straighten it out there’s gonna be a nap. Work tomorrow 415 comes early.
August 28, 2026 at 8:34 pm in reply to: St. Louis 2026 Game #136 thread – Friday, August 28 vs. Pittsburgh Pirates #317481KeepComingBack
ParticipantYea Pugs Yadi is definitely enjoying his retirement.
August 28, 2026 at 8:16 pm in reply to: St. Louis 2026 Game #136 thread – Friday, August 28 vs. Pittsburgh Pirates #317477KeepComingBack
ParticipantAm I just nostalgic or is it a good thing seeing Yadi in the dugout?
KeepComingBack
ParticipantCouldn’t agree more Willie. Fact is, this is the most exiting part most of the time. Lots of disappointment involved with following prospects. Being an even average major league player, as you know, is really low odds for most of these guys. Rainiel looks special so far.
KeepComingBack
ParticipantRainiel 2 hr so far tonight.
August 25, 2026 at 12:27 pm in reply to: St. Louis 2026 Game #133 thread – Tuesday, August 25 vs. Baltimore Orioles #317151KeepComingBack
ParticipantYou have been watching too much Ted Lasso Brian.
-
This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by
-
AuthorPosts
