Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
September 11, 2023 at 7:31 pm in reply to: 2023 StL Game #144: Monday, September 11 at Orioles #233703
KeepComingBack
ParticipantSure seems we’ve gotten the worst possible result out of our relievers a lot this year.
KeepComingBack
ParticipantBrian even though Goldy and Arenado are not on my wouldn’t trade list, I fully understand why there’s as much chance of it as there is Mo getting fired. I confidently put it at zero. As you say, there’s no sense continuing to beat that horse.
KeepComingBack
Participant. To me, that makes Mo getting Shildted plausible. I would not be surprised.
Not apples to apples. Mo’s made BDW a boatload of cheese by winning year after year and filling the seats. I realize Mo is probably the least popular guy in the org with fans right now. I don’t think he’s the guy to lead us into a rebuild and create a new model. But he made his bones and Bill is going to give him these next 2 years. Schildt way overestimated his value and his ego got him fired. He was a second year manager that butted heads with the boss. Not all that bright.
September 11, 2023 at 6:40 pm in reply to: 2023 StL Game #144: Monday, September 11 at Orioles #233696KeepComingBack
ParticipantWinn started slow at aaa than picked it up. This is even harder. Hopefully we see an uptick the next couple of weeks.
September 11, 2023 at 12:22 pm in reply to: 2023 StL Game #143: Sunday, September 10 at Reds #233670KeepComingBack
ParticipantTnr I agree that it’s not necessary to name call. And there’s no need to pound away at the mistakes and weaknesses that exist. And no, there’s none of us doing this professionally. But there’s plenty whom have watched a lot of ball and are educated enough to have informed opinions that have some degree of accuracy. It’s false to say that just because you don’t have one of those dream jobs, that your views and opinions don’t matter.
KeepComingBack
ParticipantWe will get “three wonderful new starting pitchers” in the same way that payroll went up.
I would rather him simply waste Bill’s money on second tier fa’s than to waste our upcoming high draft choices and trading our young core talent. How many teams have we seen fail with this strategy the Cardinals are talking about? He did right at the trade deadline. Continue down that path. At least that way there’s hope beyond 2024.
KeepComingBack
ParticipantIf we had the resources to correctly evaluate young pitching, we wouldn’t be in the mess we are now. That’s where we need to be long term. Draft, evaluate, and develope cost controlled pitching. But that requires patience. Not going to happen in the time frame most people want.
KeepComingBack
ParticipantThe wildcard for me with the current bullpen is what they would look like with a decent starting 5 in front of them. The weaker the starting 5, the stronger your bullpen needs to be and vice versa. We didn’t have either this year, and you see what we got. We know right now we need 3 starters stronger than anyone we have if we want our starting group to be considered a strength. Tough job ahead for the front office to turn this around.
KeepComingBack
ParticipantHelsley.
KeepComingBack
ParticipantSigning top tier pitching is risky business. Especially this year when we will have high draft choices. The Cardinals need to invest in a system that supplies young controlled pitching to the major league roster. Giving up high draft choices for short term success isn’t the way to do that. And I don’t think you do it in one year.
KeepComingBack
ParticipantTwo offseasons, and two more deadlines, and we could contend. Welcome to the rebuild
Probably not a popular opinion, but trying to do it all in one offseason isn’t realistic or wise. The teams with deep pockets fail at buying pitching. Like it or not, I think some patience would prevent more mistakes.
KeepComingBack
ParticipantWe are going to have to be willing to trade some value if we want value back. Im keeping Walker and Gorman. One of Noot or Donovan probably will be lost. That hurts but Matz cant be counted on either. We need 3 guys and cant buy all of them.
September 3, 2023 at 9:29 am in reply to: 2023 StL Game #137: Sunday, September 3 vs. Pirates #233066KeepComingBack
ParticipantI’m worse than you Pugsley. 58 years listening watching following the team. I moved to StLouis so I could go to Cardinals games. And right now I just don’t care. Went to bed after the 7th last night with a one run lead. That’s never happened. Hope to get regenerated next year. But if thwe don’t fore oily, which it sounds like they aren’t, I will start with a bad attitude.
September 2, 2023 at 7:29 pm in reply to: 2023 StL Game #136: Saturday, September 2 vs. Pirates #233022KeepComingBack
ParticipantIs this the best defensive infield in the majors the Cardinals have out there?
September 2, 2023 at 6:54 pm in reply to: 2023 StL Game #136: Saturday, September 2 vs. Pirates #233020KeepComingBack
ParticipantThey looked good on that DP.
September 2, 2023 at 6:27 pm in reply to: 2023 StL Game #136: Saturday, September 2 vs. Pirates #233016KeepComingBack
ParticipantFirst batter a foul goes off the heel of Walker’s glove according to Rooney. Rom ended up getting the guy.
Author
PostsThe sun was in his eyes initially. He still nearly made a sliding catch in foul territory. I didn’t see it as a bad play at all.
September 1, 2023 at 4:47 pm in reply to: 2023 StL Game #135: Friday, September 1 vs. Pirates #232921KeepComingBack
ParticipantNext year we will have Donovan, but how would he fit into the daily lineup?
Author
PostsLeft field, second base, dh, first, third, right field. I think Tommy, O’Neil, Carlson are likely traded. Donovan becomes super utility. We would need a backup ss. Palacios can backup center With Victor Scott on the way. Donovan would have as many starts as anyone else.
KeepComingBack
ParticipantI kept saying that the new pitchers we bring in need to be better than Mik and Matz. I think I need to raise that bar.
KeepComingBack
ParticipantNo, it is for everyone. Paste in the text you want to quote. Then highlight it. Click on the fourth selection in the gray bar on top of the typing area, called B-QUOTE. These characters will be placed ahead of and behind the quoted text: < blockquote> and < /blockquote> (without the spaces)
I like to think I’m somewhat computer literate for a 66 year old guy-would have never gotten to that. Thanks. And good reminder about what we read today. It ain’t Bob Broege anymore.
KeepComingBack
ParticipantBrian-Im new on this site. I’m assuming I need a paid subscription to use the quote feature? Which I plan on doing. It looks like it unlocks a lot of the goings on in the minors, which I like. Anyway, yes I guess I never heard that as an exact quote from Mo. I’ve just read it in multiple outlets. Either way, I’m not sold that buying pitching is the best way.
KeepComingBack
ParticipantThey have already stated they are going after Urias, Nola, and
Snell. I’m sure that doesn’t mean they sign all three. Problem is, signing high price fa doesn’t guarantee success. Long term I would be happier seeing them invest in their system.KeepComingBack
ParticipantWould like to see Burly hitting second, but more importantly Goldy third for awhile.
KeepComingBack
ParticipantNot one clutch hitter out of the bunch. It’s been that way for awhile.
KeepComingBack
ParticipantI totally jinxed Lib last night. I’m keeping my mouth shut. Just know that watching ball is like breathing for me. Can’t remember when I didn’t do it. Waino is good people. Hope he finds a nut.
August 17, 2023 at 5:37 am in reply to: 2023 StL Game #121: Wednesday, August 16 vs. Oakland #231742KeepComingBack
ParticipantEven if we were going good, I wouldn’t make the effort and spend the money to see Oakland play.
-
AuthorPosts
