Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Yoshi. Did you mean the ‘85 World Series rather than the ‘68 World Series?
Pugs. You eat like a king.
3. Catfish Fiddlers from the Amish restaurant. The doggie’s name is Whitey Herdog.
Shouldn’t I get a third of the prize if I got one third of the three questions correct?
-
This reply was modified 5 days, 7 hours ago by
mudville.
Pugs, historically, the winner of the first game of the 3-game Wild Card series advances to the next round of the playoffs 15 of 16 times.
Cubs eliminated. If they were really serious about winning, they would have spent an additional hundred million, or so, on payroll.
Anybody could have told them that a stingy payroll of only 256M$ wasn’t going to get it.That’s that, alright. Cubs pitching was better than I thought it would be.
See you there, 1td.
If the Yankees can maintain tonight’s level of intensity into the next round, the Rays will really have their hands full.
Reportedly, they have 2.5-3.0M$ left out of the 8M$+ that they started with. Signing period ends December 15.
If they feel compelled to trade Burleson, I think they will want a top of rotation guy in return. It’s hard to imagine anyone trading a bonafide rotation #1 or #2. But I guess it’s not impossible.
You’d think the Res Sox could score a run once in awhile, although I don’t care much who wins.
2-0 Yankees.
To be clear, I wasn’t being sarcastic about J. Baez and Trevor Condon. I’m actually kind of psyched after listening to you guys. It’s exciting.
With the system so loaded, #11 and # 15 don’t seem to be that high.
I wonder why Gray didn’t pitch this well in St. Louis. Was it his morale because he was pitching for a team that wasn’t going anywhere? Or did it have something to do with Oli’s leadership and all the young prospects getting tryouts? Probably both. Arenado and Gray are having standout years. And St. Louis is paying almost all of their salaries. Go figure.
White Sox ahead 4-2 in bottom of the 3rd.
Odds are still against Phillies to win this 3-game series. But, who knows.
mudville has been here the whole time. Been pulling for the Braves. Not really into Harper Snd Schwarber.
I didn’t realize that Brian and Kyle thought so highly of Jesus Baez and Trevor Condon. If the Cardinals slow walk Condon, we won’t be seeing him until 2029. Then, again, there’s the reality that when a player is ready for the next step, he’s ready for the next step. Time spent at a certain step is not really much of a factor. This discussion definitely gave me some things to think about. Thanks.
Padres leading Cubs 7-0 after 5. They were trying to get by for cheap. If only they had spent a measly 100M$, or so, for pitching, things might be looking different for them now. They need to get serious during this coming offseason.
I’m going to stop posting this evening. I’m getting nastier and nastier by the minute.
-
This reply was modified 6 days, 21 hours ago by
mudville.
They got lucky with Carpenter. He overcame his injuries and became a a true top of rotation pitcher.
Right or wrong, I see the Cardinals trying to develop their own top of rotation guy rather than singing a free agent.
White Sox beat the Astros 6-4.
Braves take 2-1 lead in the 6th. Phillies come right back and take 3-2 lead in the 7th.
It’s been reported that Henderson decided to have left elbow surgery because of flexor strain. Henderson spent over a year trying to rehab his elbow before deciding on surgery. I don’t think there has been a projection for how long he’ll be out.
I love great defense, too, Pugs. Of course, if you can get great defense plus great offense like a Scott Rolen or a Nolan Arenado, then you’ve really got something.
I do hope Arenado wears his Cardinals cap intzo the HOF.
One of the announcers for the Braves and Phillies broadcast just commented that, historically, whoever won the first game of this three game series has won 15 of the last 16 game series’s.
Braves and Phillies currently tied 1-1 in the bottom of the 4th.
Thank you.
-
This reply was modified 5 days, 7 hours ago by
-
AuthorPosts
