mudville

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 3,444 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: 2027 minor league rotations #320489
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    I’m not sure there’s another team that can put together a rotation of non-roster prospects like the one proposed on this thread. If so, then who are going to play?

    in reply to: Shouldn’t Jesus Baez be a top 100 prospect? #320487
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    We’re all spoiled by Arenado’s defense at 3B, IMO. I don’t think any of the third basemans’ defense I’ve seen in the NLDS playoffs come close. It’s encouraging that
    Jesus Baez has been playing SS, and anxious to see what is foot work looks like at 3B.

    Blaze Jordan has always hit well in the minors and it seems likely that his hitting will eventually return to something like that. I’ve seen too many balls roll under his glove, or right past him, at 3B to want him there as our starting third baseman. As long as we’re not in ‘win now’ mode, I’m okay with Saggese at 3B. But I agree that it would be better to acquire a real third baseman to fill in until Jesus Baez is ready for his trial at 3B. Just not another Urias.

    in reply to: 2026 Wild Card and Division Series thread #320451
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Right!

    in reply to: 2026 Wild Card and Division Series thread #320449
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    NLDS

    Brewers lead Padres 2 games to 0.
    Rays lead Yankees 2 games to 0.
    White Sox lead Guardians 2 games to 0.
    Dodgers and Braves are each 1-1.

    With Chris Sale and Tyler Mahle expected to pitch on Tuesday and Wednesday for Atlanta, the Dodgers may have their hands full. (Dodgers have won 3 of the last 6 WS.)

    in reply to: 2026 Wild Card and Division Series thread #320446
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    The Yankees have butterfingers.

    in reply to: 2026 Wild Card and Division Series thread #320397
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    This White Sox and Guardians game has been fun to watch. These kids play for themselves and for each other. And celebrate both. They’ve got a vibe similar to our Cardinals team.

    • This reply was modified 22 hours, 46 minutes ago by mudville.
    • This reply was modified 22 hours, 42 minutes ago by mudville.
    in reply to: MLB Labor Negotiations 2026-2027 #320394
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    I love the idea of revenue sharing plus a floor to make sure the money is given to the players. With this, many more players should get to become multimillionaires, and organizations like the Pirates will be much less likely to stuff their pockets and cheat the fans by not fielding a competitive team.

    in reply to: 2027 TCN Community Top Prospect Voting Thread #320372
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    #2. Bernal

    He’s already starting for the Cardinals. I’m going with the eye test here. He just looks like the role of major league catcher. Skip Caray looked at him when he first arrived to St. Louis on September 1, and said on the air that Bernal has the ‘It’ factor which I have only heard used to describe a quarterback at times. I think I see what Caray is talking about. It’s something like charisma. You can’t really put your finger on it but it’s there. He hasn’t played enough to demonstrate a GG potential, but doing it at the minor league level says a lot. Whenever there’s a pitcher with top of rotation potential, it’s hard to put any prospect ahead of him, and Doyle is that.

    • This reply was modified 1 day, 4 hours ago by mudville.
    in reply to: 2026 Wild Card and Division Series thread #320315
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Churio walks it off in the bottom of the 9th with a 2 RBI base hit with the bases loaded. Thrilling!

    Brewers have to win one of the next three games to advance.

    • This reply was modified 1 day, 23 hours ago by mudville.
    • This reply was modified 1 day, 23 hours ago by mudville.
    in reply to: 2026 Wild Card and Division Series thread #320276
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    The batter got too much air under that ball. He knew the roof was there before he swing the bat.

    Go, Crew. Go.

    in reply to: 2026 Wild Card and Division Series thread #320273
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Both teams are playing by the same rules.

    in reply to: 2026 Wild Card and Division Series thread #320271
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    That dinger by William Contreras was thrilling. Go, Crew. Go.

    Pugs. If you’re keeping up with what’s going on at TCN, let us know if you’re bouncing back and forth, on one leg and then the other, like the fans are doing.

    Let’s get that runner on 1B home.

    • This reply was modified 2 days, 19 hours ago by mudville.
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    This thread really does an excellent job of organizing and sorting out the pitching for 2027. It sure looks like the pitching for 2027 will be much improved.

    in reply to: 2026 Wild Card and Division Series thread #320165
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Succulent lobster, Pugs?! I’m in.

    I hear that Brewers fans are the only ones in MLB that tailgate before games.

    The Crew in 5.

    The Braves looked really good yesterday against the Phillies. If they can maintain that degree of intensity, the Dodgers will really, really have their hands full.

    in reply to: 2026 Wild Card and Division Series thread #320154
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Baldwin was drafted by Atlanta in 2022, not 2024.

    in reply to: 2026 Wild Card and Division Series thread #320151
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Never seen Missouri State University, but always had a good vibe about it. I’ve known about the name change for years. Not sure why I didn’t remember it. Thanks.

    I was impressed by how Blake Baldwin was able to reach out and grab way outside pitches on both sides of the plate (by Sale). If his throws to 2B get to be a little more accurate, he could be a GG contender, IMHO. And he was only drafted in 2024. I know there are other players from Missouri State that were drafted by MLB teams. I wonder who scouts Missouri State for the Cardinals.

    in reply to: 2027 TCN Community Top Prospect Voting Thread #320149
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    1. RR

    in reply to: Cards/Diamondbacks complete Nootbar trade with ptbnl #320148
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Cards667 – Interesting post. Thanks.😊

    in reply to: 2026 Wild Card and Division Series thread #320131
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    That guy on Milwaukee has pretty much got the NL CYA locked up. The Brewers so far have the best scouting in all of basebal. important.

    in reply to: 2026 Wild Card and Division Series thread #320130
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Just saw that Blake Baldwin went to Southwest State University (Springfield). He was drafted by the Braves in 2024.

    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Got it.

    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    I’ll go with Cjintje based on today’s analysis titled ‘2026 Minor League Leader – Pitching Counting Stats’ on the front page of TCN website. Just not sure if Cjintje is ready yet. If Hjerpe gets added as a starter, I’ll go with Hjerpe.

    For the bullpen I’ll go with Winquest with Santana as my runner up. The Cardinals let Rincon throw some pitches in games at the end of the season. I actually liked what I saw. He looked loose and unintimidated to me. His control is not there yet, but it could be there soon.. If Hjerpe moves toward the bullpen instead of rotation, I’ll go with Hjerpe.

    • This reply was modified 4 days, 21 hours ago by mudville.
    in reply to: Chaim Bloom season wrap up press conference #320067
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Agree that those proposals don’t upgrade CF and 3B. But I think we need to be patient and make do with what we’ve got for the time being. Who knows?! Maybe Saggese or Jordan will catch fire. I, for one, would rather dream on that than pigeon hole either of them. Josh Baez, Leo Bernal, and improved pitching, plus fewer AB’s for Gorman, could possibly get us those 8 additional wins although, of course, we’d like to get more than just 8 additional wins.

    in reply to: Danny Mac DUI #320066
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    I like listening to Danny Mac. I’d like to see him paired up with Skip Caray. And I wouldn’t want to see Brad Thompson take a hit. Not sure how to make it work. But there’s always a way.

    in reply to: Chaim Bloom season wrap up press conference #320061
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Absolutely. Especially if it’s a CF who has been a getting better over time.

    And a third baseman like you describe would be fine since Jesus Baez is coming.

    Maybe we could trade Church for a CF like that, and heck, maybe we could trade Blaze Jordan for a third baseman like that.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 3,444 total)

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 25 years