mudville

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 25 posts - 201 through 225 (of 3,453 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    What about extending Romero now, or after the season? He’s been our most reliable late inning reliever. He won’t be easy to replace and not having him will cost us some wins.sw

    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Aaron Judge out for six weeks with cracked rib. Yankees one game behind first place Jays. Yankees loaded with pitching prospects. If Nootbaar impresses after he gets back on the field, does Bloom want to trade him?

    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    I get nerves every time O’Brian comes into a game. Woulda’t it be nice if Hence could stay healthy enough to be our closer?

    in reply to: Why is blaze jordan not on 40 man? #308854
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    I’d like to see what Blaze Jordan’s third base defense looks like. I’ve been spoiled by Nolan Arenado and Scott Rolen. Will we ever see a third baseman like either of those guys again? Rolen would have finished his career in St. Louis were it not for his head case of a manager. I’ve had enough of Gorman even though he does look like he has star power once in awhile. Saggese at least plays with some enthusiasm, but he’s not a long term answer. I’d like to see Gorman and ‘who knows’ traded for a top third base prospect.

    in reply to: Wednesdays With Walton podcasts #308851
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Nice to see Hunter Dobbins take it to the Cubs last Sunday. He was right on the corners when he really needed it. It will be interesting to see if he can do it with some consistency. Nice to hear you guys mentioning Ixan Henderson. I’ve had high hopes for him since the Cardinals drafted him. I don’t know why he’s not ranked higher in TCN rankings. Finally, this is the first time I’ve heard of Jacob Odel. You guys spoke high enough of him to make me pay attention. I did my own search for Jacob Odel and couldn’t find anything worth mentioning.

    Looking forward to tomorrows WWW.

    in reply to: Roster Matrix #308848
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Who wouldn’t love it if Markevian ‘Tink’ Hence could be a lights out closer. After all, it’s not over for him until it’s over. I’m sure there are plenty of fans that are still holding a thread of hope for him.

    in reply to: MLB Labor Negotiations 2026-2027 #308626
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    According to what I just read on Spotrac, the top 15 MLB teams have payrolls ranging from $172M to $334M. I don’t see how the Cardinals will ever be able to swim in that water. Their only chance is going to be to manage their affairs intelligently like the Brewers, Rays, Guardians, and some other teams do. When Walker gets to arbitration, they might be able to squeeze 2 or 3 additional years out of him in order for him to nail down some guaranteed millions But when he hits free agency, it’s ‘By-by Cardinals’.

    in reply to: TCN’s Monthly Cardinals Prospect Rankings for 2026 #308624
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    I don’t know how long it will take for Crooks to figure out how to hit at the major league level. But I like how he looks behind the plate. He looks confident and in control I also think he carries a kind of fierceness in his demeanor…. Just sayin’

    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    `Nice to see Torres finally, finally get a chance to show his stuff in the Bigs.

    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Wow! VSII actually got a base hit.

    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    What’s OLI thinking??! Fermin at 3B, Saggese at 2B, and no Westerholt.

    in reply to: Roster Matrix #306607
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Might as well.

    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    All I know is that something will need to be done about CF at some point whether that means experimenting with Church or Torres or whoever now, or just toughing it out with VSII for the rest of the season and then finding a CFer during the next offseason.

    If the organization already knows that Church can’t play CF, then there’s no sense in screwing him up by experimenting with him in CF when he is still settling into LF. VSII needs more time to develop in the minors.

    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    These games against the Pirates don’t make sense. Does anybody understand what’s really going on?

    Pugs. Please explain this.

    in reply to: Cardinal catching prospects #304855
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    I don’t know what happened to Walker over the past offseason. But I wouldn’t mess with any of it. VS II’s hitting is improving, and his defense in CF may be the best in the game. That leaves poor Josh Baez stuck in LF for awhile. Hope he survives it.

    Seriously, we may be looking at the best Cardinals’ outfield we’ve ever seen in a year or two.

    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    What in the world was Oli thinking when he brought in Stanek to close the game? Stanek was just as bad yesterday. Release him. Memphis has a pretty good bullpen.

    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Best of luck to Gorman. Anxious to see what Urias can do.

    in reply to: Opening Day Game Thread – vs. Rays, Thursday, 3/26 #303408
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Not a great showing from the St. Louis bulllpen. But with the likes of Graceffo, Hence, Gastelum, Hjerpe, maybe Zack Thompsn all waiting in the wings, you have to feel a sense of optimisson about the eventual bullpen.

    in reply to: 2026 Spring Training #303386
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    I’ve had high hopes for Pallante especially after the ‘death ball’ talk, etc. After reading through your Minors Report today, I’m losing hope fast. Not much to talk about, your reports tell the tale. Glad we’ve got other SP’s rounding into shape.

    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Ivan Herrera plays with the intensity and athleticism that he displayed against the Astros. Becomes a mainstay of the team.

    Burleson continues to develop into a power first basemen with surprising defense.

    Ramon Urias becomes starting second baseman with Jose Fermin as a constant challenge to earn the spot.

    Winn is completely healthy and plays like the All Star that he is.

    Power hitting third baseman Nolan Gorman continues to mash as his defense approaches All Al Star status.

    Nelson Velazquez continues impressive hitting that he found in Mexico during 2025 offseason. Oli Marmol is tormented with finding ways to keep fan favorite, Lars Nootbaar on the field.

    Victor Scott’s defense locks him into starting lineup, but Nathan Church keeps pushing.

    Jordan Walker continues lifting and lofting the ball like he did against the Astros. HR’s, RBI’s come. Josh Baez not worried, but taking notice.

    Cards win 87 games and wind up in 3rd place with Brewers wining the Division again and the Cubs wondering why they couldn’t acquire top quality pitching, like Dustin May, for example.

    in reply to: Wednesdays With Walton podcasts #302144
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Really upbeat show. Easy and entertaining to listen to. BW, in particular, was lighting it up today. Thanks.

    in reply to: 2026 Spring Training Game thread #301932
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Nothing like on the spot reporting!

    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Still haven’t figured out if I’m supposed to pay somebody to watch Cardinals baseball games on Direct TV. I guess I’ll figure it out eventually.

    in reply to: 2026 Cardinals Hall of Fame #301785
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    I vote for Yadi over Pujols. Yadi controlled the whole field, not just the bat. He has peripheral vision like none I’ve ever seen or ever expect to see again. I don’t believe that there is an umpire, a manager, a coach, or any other baseball professional that didn’t hold him in the highest esteem.

    in reply to: 2026 Spring Training Game thread #301710
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    It is absolutely fascinating how the powers that be can find ways to sort things out this early in camp. Every player looks likes an emerging superstar at this stage of development. Fun to watch. Fun to see. The first cut has to be coming soon. That will make things a little more manageable. I wonder how many coaches, conditioners, trainers, evaluators, assistants, etc have their own personal sleeper that they’re keeping an eye on.

Viewing 25 posts - 201 through 225 (of 3,453 total)

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 25 years