KeepComingBack

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 2,154 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Buyers or sellers #314767
    KeepComingBack
    Participant

    I would rather they spend $20 million to sign Arazorena to play LF if they trade Nootbaar.

    It’s not going to make you a true contender. But that along with beefing up the bullpen would be a smart gesture toward the fans and the players while we wait for the rebuild to be completed.

    in reply to: Scott II & Gorman #314636
    KeepComingBack
    Participant

    Interesting. Why could that possibly be? Coincidence I would say. Plus Walker was carry the team on his back hot for awhile.

    KeepComingBack
    Participant

    Fermin just hit it in Big Mac land. I should just go to bed now with a smile on my face.

    KeepComingBack
    Participant

    I see the unthinkable happened, Blaze took a walk

    He does so many things wrong. Except he gets rbi’s and doesn’t strikeout. All other offensive #’s are horrid.

    He has 1 homerun. But 25 hits and 22 rbi’s.

    in reply to: Buyers or sellers #314144
    KeepComingBack
    Participant

    I just don’t think they’re going to let guys come up and flounder anymore. If he’s struggling in aaa—–

    in reply to: Buyers or sellers #314098
    KeepComingBack
    Participant

    I agree with what you are saying Brian. Maybe I’m just more skeptical of the return.

    in reply to: Buyers or sellers #314089
    KeepComingBack
    Participant

    Do you think they would play Nootbaar every day in CF?

    Obviously not. In an emergency. Who do you play if Church gets hurt? Noot obviously isn’t ideal, but the other options are scary. Maybe a better question is who you think they would get for Noot in a deadline trade? Not much imo. Who is available to step up from aaa? I guess you can bring Baez up, but are you really for that? My point being just maybe he’s more valuable here than trading him off at a discount.

    in reply to: Buyers or sellers #314051
    KeepComingBack
    Participant

    Yep I think the cf situation is why they may not be o quick to trade Noot, like everyone expects.

    in reply to: Buyers or sellers #314049
    KeepComingBack
    Participant

    JNevel-I had the feeling Hence had been done for awhile. But I never saw how far off a cliff Gorman and Scott fell coming. It doesn’t look good for any of those players coming back. We will see-but it may give them pause before they trade Noot. Joshua Baez may not be as ready as they think. Fortunately, Jordan’s defense plays well enough to get by while we wait for his power to show up. Lots of roster work to be done for 27.

    in reply to: Buyers or sellers #314045
    KeepComingBack
    Participant

    That seems to be the player we should be looking for in a trade – an up and coming third baseman unless they think Jesus Baez will be ready by sometime next season

    Bingo. But I think Baez needs a full year at aaa. A 1 year deal? Or maybe Blaze plays himself into being an option. Right now he is not. But they should give him the rest of the year playing everyday to try.

    KeepComingBack
    Participant

    Pallante is pitching much better. His stuff looks the same but with much better command. (Hope I didn’t jinx him)

    in reply to: Buyers or sellers #314040
    KeepComingBack
    Participant

    I was just thinking about trading Noot for a right handed bat to platoon Burly with. Than keep Burly. That works with the points that Brian makes about keeping both he and Herrera and GScottars point about the dh.

    in reply to: Buyers or sellers #314009
    KeepComingBack
    Participant

    Perfectly said Brian. In the meantime we need to accurately evaluate our current roster and system and extend core pieces where warranted.

    in reply to: Buyers or sellers #313987
    KeepComingBack
    Participant

    I like Burleson fine. But we aren’t going to pay many players above fair value in the new business model (fa) the Cardinals are going to operate under. And when we do, it isn’t going to be Burly. And it may not be Herrera either. It will be players with multiple tools, and or consistent power. Or pitchers. So they have 3 choices with those guys. Keep them thru their arb years than let them go fa, extend them to club friendly deals, or trade them while they still have value.

    in reply to: Buyers or sellers #313972
    KeepComingBack
    Participant

    I would trade Burly because he’s a platoon level player and Herrera is not.

    in reply to: 2026 Draft #313464
    KeepComingBack
    Participant

    I understand that part Brian. But if they don’t sign, my understanding is that they have to sever that relationship in order to return playing in college. Do I have that right?

    KeepComingBack
    Participant

    Let’s hope we get the good Dustin May today

    Sorry

    in reply to: 2026 Draft #313448
    KeepComingBack
    Participant

    I become less interested in a player that would demand that much over slot. Either he’s got a rather grandiose idea of his value, or he’s afraid that he might not be good enough to get a multi million dollar contract some day, so he’d better get it while he has the chance. It could also be that someone is getting inside his head and giving him bad advice. Who knows? Let’s just w

    Most of These guys all have agents or advisors negotiating these signing deals. It’s kind of complicated. Prep players can hire their own agents. College guys hire “advisors” But either way that relationship has to be severed before they play college ball if they don’t sign. So it’s not personal. The agent is going to get the most he possibly can for the player because he gets paid more. It’s a % deal typically.

    KeepComingBack
    Participant

    I have little chance of staying awake for more than a couple innings of these late starting games.

    KeepComingBack
    Participant

    and makes plays pretty gracefully.

    Don’t get carried away.

    in reply to: 2026 Draft #312754
    KeepComingBack
    Participant

    . I *think* the Cards probably liked Grindlinger (so did I), but Mo swooped in and took him out from under us. Condon is a decent fall back in the hopes that you catch lightning in a

    It sounds like they got the guy they wanted. Maybe they deked Mo.

    For a Cardinals organization looking to add more athleticism throughout its farm system, Condon checked nearly every box.

    Cardinals believe they found the perfect fit
    The Cardinals were thrilled Condon remained available at No. 13. Director of scouting Randy Flores revealed the organization became so comfortable with Condon during the pre-draft process that they barely conducted a formal interview.

    “We just called him in, and we didn’t even interview him,” Flores said. “We just wanted 30 minutes to hang with him because we had already felt like we were at a good spot with getting to know who he was.”

    Condon felt the same way.

    “Coming into it, I felt like I had a great relationship with the Cardinals,” he said after being selected.

    “I’m very happy to be a Cardinal. I have a great relationship with most of the staff down there. I’m excited to get to meet everybody behind the scenes.”

    His confidence was equally evident when asked about the Cardinals’ decision.

    “They made the right decision,” Condon said. “I’m so excited… Let me show you guys that when I get there.”

    in reply to: 2026 Draft #312698
    KeepComingBack
    Participant

    Say Rocco Maniscalco three times as fast as you can.

    “I just want it on record that I would have drafted Rocco Maniscalco #1 overall in the MLB Draft. He’s going to be the best player from this class”

    “I know it’s crazy to say but the smoothest switch hitting shortstop I’ve ever seen. He’s basically Carlos Beltran but plays shortstop”

    These are quotes from Ben Upton on X

    in reply to: 2026 Draft #312617
    KeepComingBack
    Participant

    Paid – Annual
    Sorry I was multi-tasking and fixed the comment in an edit. Just URL in general but you can’t see where it actually goes since it is a google share that could take you anywhere and you can’t validate the authenticity of the website.

    I wouldn’t recommend clicking on a link I didnt trust either. No guarantees I guess dont click on any than you are safe. My understanding is the https means it’s OK but what do I know. I know enough not to click on any of the advertising.

    in reply to: 2026 Draft #312609
    KeepComingBack
    Participant

    have

    quite URLs where I can’t determine if actually goes to a

    What’s a quite url?

    in reply to: 2026 Draft #312607
    KeepComingBack
    Participant

    watch in the class — always giving 110% effort with plenty of emotion that shows up on the field. He’s a fun player to watch play the game, one who brings energy to whatever field he steps onto. Beyond being a spazrk plug as a player, Condon is the type of person who can help build a culture, and that’s something pro teams are sure to value.

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 2,154 total)

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 25 years