Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Does securing an arm tonight reduce the pressure to do another pitching deal tomorrow so that the price of another target drops? Does getting a pitcher as a rental free them up to spend on a splashy position player?
July 31, 2022 at 8:31 am in reply to: 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 101 thread – Saturday, July 30 at Nationals #193190It’s all my fault for going to see ’em in person tonight. My apologies!
More seriously, I’m curious why Cabrera didn’t pitch for two weeks (an appearance July 15 then not again to July 29). There’s the all star break and game situations, but two weeks? Is there something going on we don’t know about?
Not sure where reports on the day’s minor league games go these days. But so far, 6 shutout innings from Woodford. Two starts ago he had 5. Now, it was 4 runs in 4 innings in the appearance between the two. But I wonder if he might return before long.
Definitely don’t want to drop Nootbaar. He’s a 0.4 WAR player. Not amazing, but, well, better than replacement. Just 24 years old. He seems like a keeper to me. I’d love to know more about the health of Walsh and Whitley. Whitley’s slide surprised me. I’d prefer to keep Fernandez. Romine goes when Yadi returns, I think.
We’ll get more clarity after the trade deadline. Some form of package of multiple players for one better player, in part to clear roster space?
Third time up, he hits another grounder. And on a hard play the SS throws it away. Molina looked like regular Yadi speed running to second to my eye, not bad knee Yadi. Yadi then stole third without a throw (reading it so he got an enormous jump) and scored on a single.
Thanks UConn! Will do!
they ruled the grounder as an error. second time up, a deep fly.
Bling-
I’d think they would be pretty shot, but before he went DL, I thought he still looked like he had enough that he could get through a couple or three months, particularly with some days off. I wonder if he’s realizing he needs more work than expected before he can make a return to St. Louis….
Hello Pugs–I haven’t been gone that long! The Pugs moniker is happily familiar! I’ll start finding some good food to post.
Thanks, Bikemike! I do hope to be around a few times a week. I really don’t expect a Soto trade. We need pitching, not hitting, and I’d bet the price will be too steep.
Hello, Cranny! Good to be back!
July 27, 2022 at 8:15 pm in reply to: 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 99 thread – Wednesday, July 27 at Blue Jays #192786I think you have to ride Albert while he’s hitting this well. And I’m also thinking that Noot should be out there just now. With O’Neill, Carlson, Arenado, Edman, and Goldman needing to be regulars. That leaves just 2B (well, and C, but…the options are limited there). Is it time to rest Donovan with some more frequency for a bit? I’ve been going back and forth between him and Gorman. Not sure if the board has talked that to death.
July 27, 2022 at 7:37 pm in reply to: 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 99 thread – Wednesday, July 27 at Blue Jays #192781On replay, Albert slowed down around third. Looked like he looked for the ball rather than the coach? But I was distracted watching it.
BikeMike-They were clearly waiting on that malt. Why didn’t you do that weeks ago?
🙂
If the Braves lose tonight and the Reds lose tomorrow, the Cards clinch the 2nd playoff spot, even if the MLB standings show a magic number of 1 for the Phils. That would be sort of amusing, though it would be fun to see the Cards clinch by winning that 17th in a row…..
Nootbar might be the lefty DH, but I’m wondering if the league will figure him out, thus the desire for someone who’s a vet.
Hiya Cranny-
Yup. Been awhile! I’m wondering what’s up with Lester’s shoulder. Lots of mileage. If they have him on a good bill of health, maybe. But I don’t think I want Lester taking up a space one of the other guys could take.
My pipe dream is to bring Scherzer back to his hometown and a chance to work with Molina and Waino as Scherzer figures out how to thrive as he gets older.
Get me a lefty bench bat to be part time DH and to spell in at 1B now and then. Otherwise I’m pretty ok with the position players.
Pitchers depend in part on which FAs they resign. Flaherty, Hudson, Waino, Mikolas, Reyes/Woodford, with Liberatore and maybe Hicks for depth, I feel less need for a starter, but wouldn’t mind one for depth given three of those guys are coming back from injuries. An innings eating vet who could throw 5 as a starter if need be seems like a good add, if LeBlanc can’t fill the space.
Yup. I need spring training for posting here again. It’s been a long offseason for me!
Thanks, Euro. I used to be able to do math.
So if I’m counting it right, for the Cards to clinch tomorrow (Sunday), 1) they need to win, so they finish with no more than 75 losses. 2) Cincy needs to win, so they will have at least 76 losses 3) Philly needs to win so they will end with at least 75 losses; and 4) Atlanta needs to lose, so that for Philly to get to 75 losses, they would have to sweep Atlanta, which would give Atlanta 76 losses.
And thanks all for the welcome back! I won’t be as frequent a poster as before, but looking forward to being here at least some!
Also, shouldn’t the elimination for the Phils on the MLB site be 2 then instead of 3?
Thanks, Bikemike! dunno the answer to your questions.
Euro–I was looking at the MLB, but I believe the TV team also said the magic number was three on their broadcast.
Thanks for the welcome, folks! I’m gonna try to come by at least time to time. I’ve lost too much track of the kids on the farm–I need not just your company but your stories about the prospects.
I’m seeing lots of reasons to be encouraged about this team. Yadi and Ozuna starting to hit; Gant and Brebbia giving the bullpen some depth; Hicks looking like he might be ready to close….This could be fun.
Hello all!
Long time, no visit. I had to create a new account, so I don’t think I’ve been here since the split from Scout. Just hi for now. I’m gonna head off to something else. And hope I didn’t jinx the Cards….
-
AuthorPosts
