2022 Cardinals MLB Game 101 thread – Saturday, July 30 at Nationals

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 101 thread – Saturday, July 30 at Nationals

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:15 p.m.
    RHP Dakota Hudson (6-6, 4.10) vs. RHP Erick Fedde (5-7, 4.95)
    FOX // KMOX

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Hopefully not another close your eyes start from Hudson…

I still think he is going to be really solid when he finally and fully rounds back into form.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

DeJong in the lineup at SS.

1. Dylan Carlson (S) CF
    2. Tyler O’Neill (R) LF
    3. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    4. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    5. Nolan Gorman (L) DH
    6. Lars Nootbaar (L) RF
    7. Paul DeJong (R) SS
    8. Andrew Knizner (R) C
    9. Tommy Edman (S) 2B

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gorman keeps on a moving up…..hit 8th on Wednesday in Toronto, 6th last night and now 5th today. I see him potentially settling in at the #2 slot until either Goldy or Arenado depart. I just may be game threading it tonight if anyone else here will be onboard too. What’s for din-din? Lasagna with extra cheese, French garlic bread, sunflower crunch salad and Breyer’s chocolate ice cream with a bunch of Planter’s salted peanuts mingled in.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m hoping DeJong has a good game and doesn’t instantly revert to looking like he never held a bat before.

I will be firing up the charcoal grill tonight. Menu is brats with kraut and chili dogs.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I am firing up the grill also. Nathan’s hotdogs on the menu tonight.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carlson and Gorman both at 112 ops+. Albert at 107, Edman at 100 and Noot has climbed to 98.

Noot is within 5 PA’s of his 2021, when he recorded a 103 ops+. Currently a 101 for his career.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wifey bought a pound of brisket from Mo Hick BBQ today. It’s outstanding.

If ever you are passing thru mid Mo on 44, exit at Cuba, Mo and follow the signs. You wont be disappointed.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sounds tasty JJ. Looks like it’s dogs for Bling and Scotty tonight…….sweet, wish the wifey had cooked a brisket or a batch of dogs up tonight instead of Italian. Nathan’s are great, but trust me on this one gang……you HAVE to try Applegate hot dogs. It’s like they are in the major leagues and all other dogs are in class A, AA, or AAA.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Got some nice din-dins going on tonight! I love grilled brats-hot dogs- all of it! The sloppier the better. Cob corn is great grilled too. Our din-din will be fried chicken-tater salad-cole slaw and Kings Hawaiian rolls! Maybe a brewski too.
    I see Sosa’s gone for a AAA pitcher. Small potatoes like see we’re doing something. Personally I don’t care about the greatest superstar. Buying that guys throwing out the baby with the bath water. Fudling around trading for more relief guys isn’t gonna get us another good and durable starting pitcher. We all know thats what we really need.
    So lets win tonight and win our division. Knizer and Gorman starting to hit again. Yes AAA isn’t the majors and I still hope DeJong springs back now.
    Go Cardinals!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I would expect PDJ to have a pretty good first week. I worry about him after the adrenaline wanes. But what a great story it would be to have him come back up and have a great ML career with the Cardinals. He has it in him.

Great din-din, Wooster! Thanks for the grilled corn on the cob tip, as I haven’t had that for years. Those Hawaiian rolls are fantastic too. I like to put them in the microwave for 15 seconds and then slap a bunch of butter on them. My din-din agenda has been greatly enhanced over these past few years thanks to my good buddies’ din-din revelations here at The Cardinal Nation…… appreciate it, gang!

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Din-din here in SW Indiana earlier today was a Ribeye steak with olive oil, A1 Sauce, and Montreal seasoning. Along with a couple of ears of Aces High Sweet Corn. Also had a Pepsi and a couple of chocolate fudge bars from the freezer.

Later tonight it will be another roast beef sandwich with some lettuce and mayo, and a couple of strawberry Pop Tarts.

I am going to call this one 7-3 tonight with Arenado getting off the schneid with his 19th dinger of the year.

r/Esteemed Rat

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nice 2 strike contact swing from O’Neill

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

with Arenado getting off the schneid with his 19th dinger of the year

A very bold prediction indeed, Rat.

Cards get a 1st inning opposite field single from O’Neill, but he’s erased by a strike him out/throw him out play with Goldy at the plate.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hudson looks thinner

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A Juan Soto walk is all that the Nats can muster in the bottom of the 1st in a scoreless ballgame.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hudson looks thinner.

Wish the same could be said of me.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Rat’s bold prediction becomes reality as Arenado launches a homer to left to start the 2nd inning……move over Jimmy the Greek, there’s a new sheriff in town. 1-0 Good Guys.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hudson registers 3 ground ball outs, with a Garcia single sandwiched in between. Still 1-0 Cards as we head to the 3rd.

Any more bold predictions, Rat? If this game finishes 7-3 Birds, I’ll be truly amazed by our esteemed Rat.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

DeJong update. BA now .128.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

PDJ didn’t strike out though, Blingster.

Cards don’t score in the 3rd.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A Victor Robles bomb to left ties this one up at 1-1……and boy did he get all of it.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Can anyone complete the following…..

Charles Nelson _______

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 90 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.