bicyclemike

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 7,295 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: 2026 Wild Card and Division Series thread #320418
    bicyclemike
    Moderator

    Paid - Annual

    Man, White Sox take two in Cleveland and put the Guardians backs to the wall. Plus that crowd in Chicago is going to be bonkers for game three.

    Somehow though I don’t think the Guards will go away quietly. I like the Sox and think it would be great for them to win the series in their home park. Went to my first game there this summer and was impressed – nice ball park, great crowd, lots of enthusiasm. But the Guardians are no slouch and played well down the stretch. Don’t think they will be intimidated.

    in reply to: 2026 Wild Card and Division Series thread #320368
    bicyclemike
    Moderator

    Paid - Annual

    Mason Miller turned in to Riley O’Brien in game two. Not a good time to mimic our guy.

    in reply to: 2026 Wild Card and Division Series thread #320313
    bicyclemike
    Moderator

    Paid - Annual

    That “dead ball” rule is a good one too 1TD. Call it either a foul ball, under the thought that the ball went out of play, or a dead ball given that the ball was interfered with and could not achieve its natural landing spot.

    On the off day for AL teams, it also gives them an extra rest day for pitchers. Just an odd set up to have a day off after only one game of a best of five.

    in reply to: 2026 Wild Card and Division Series thread #320307
    bicyclemike
    Moderator

    Paid - Annual

    Weird to have two series with an off day on a Sunday no less. Why not play all four again today and have the off day for travel to the other club’s location? Sometimes MLB’s processes do not make a lot of sense.

    in reply to: Arbitration for 2027 #320306
    bicyclemike
    Moderator

    Paid - Annual

    Pages is okay as a backup and seems like a good guy, but I would go with Crooks and Bernal next year, with Herrera as a third guy in an emergency or catching now and then.

    I think we know what we have in Pages, and still need to give Crooks and Bernal reps. If we were more in a “win now” situation, I might keep Pedro. But as is, I go with youth and potential.

    in reply to: 2026 Wild Card and Division Series thread #320305
    bicyclemike
    Moderator

    Paid - Annual

    Pat Murphy on the post game comments said that ball France hit would have been foul. He said you could see it and it would have drifted way foul.

    But it hit the wire in fair territory so “rules is rules.” Seems like a better rule on something like that would be to make anything that hits something on or from the building structure is an automatic foul ball. I would think in some cases trying to determine fair or foul would be tough for the umps.

    in reply to: Arbitration for 2027 #320250
    bicyclemike
    Moderator

    Paid - Annual

    Yeah, I cut ties with Pages and Gorman, and get ‘er done with the other seven.

    in reply to: 2026 Wild Card and Division Series thread #320248
    bicyclemike
    Moderator

    Paid - Annual

    I never understood the National League divisions back in the 12 team days. It seemed to me that us and the Cubs should have been in the west, with the Braves and Reds in the east.

    bicyclemike
    Moderator

    Paid - Annual

    If Roby is healthy he has a shot. Doyle will likely be a good one, but probably in ‘28 or beyond.

    in reply to: 2026 Wild Card and Division Series thread #320244
    bicyclemike
    Moderator

    Paid - Annual

    Dem Bums take the opener although the Braves battled back. Was thinking that many moons ago these two franchises had a playoff for the pennant when the Braves called Milwaukee home. This time it is only for a chance at the pennant.

    in reply to: 2026 Wild Card and Division Series thread #320231
    bicyclemike
    Moderator

    Paid - Annual

    Sox with a big win on the road, and shutting out the Guards no less.

    Am switching back and forth here between Wyoming – North Dakota State and Dodgers – Braves. Teoscar Hernandez breaks a scoreless tie in the 4th, 2-0 LA.

    In the football game it is 17-0 ND State at the half. Wyoming’s defense has been pretty good, but no offense and a big turnover has the Bison in front. Not a fluke by any means. ND State looks like the better team.

    in reply to: Issues Accessing Forum #320206
    bicyclemike
    Moderator

    Paid - Annual

    Welcome Yoshi!

    I never have trouble accessing, but always have to fully sign in after closing the site. Even checking the “remember me” box, which for most sites keeps your user name and fills it in when accessing the page, never does anything. I always have to fill in both the user name and password after exiting when I rejoin. But other than that slight bit of inconvenience, no problems.

    • This reply was modified 3 days, 19 hours ago by bicyclemike.
    in reply to: 2026 Wild Card and Division Series thread #320205
    bicyclemike
    Moderator

    Paid - Annual

    At least with White Sox-Guardians one of them will advance, and I like both clubs. I wish that was the ALDS, but one of them will get there.

    in reply to: Max Scherzer #320176
    bicyclemike
    Moderator

    Paid - Annual

    As far as production I doubt Max would help much, but he could earn his salary in more of a mentorship role. Again, it would have to be almost a minimum wage deal with incentives. But I thought Pujols was done when he came back and he ended up having a great final campaign.

    in reply to: 2026 Wild Card and Division Series thread #320169
    bicyclemike
    Moderator

    Paid - Annual

    I hear that Brewers fans are the only ones in MLB that tailgate before games.

    A guy in our local SABR group mentioned to me one time that the White Sox also have a tail gating area where fans partake. I went to a game this year and did not see that, but we were running a little late and just bolted to the gate from our Uberc car.

    in reply to: Max Scherzer #320168
    bicyclemike
    Moderator

    Paid - Annual

    It would be a fitting end to Max’ career to come here for a year. And he might be a good one to help mentor the young guys – almost a pitcher/coach. But yeah, I don’t thiink the Cardinals will be interested unless it is an extremely team friendly deal where Max feels the value of finishing up his career in his hometown area is worth more than the cash he might get from someone else.

    in reply to: 2026 Season Trades #320089
    bicyclemike
    Moderator

    Paid - Annual

    I thought Curley was replaced by Shemp.

    in reply to: 2026 Wild Card and Division Series thread #320083
    bicyclemike
    Moderator

    Paid - Annual

    Yeah, that was a weird decision by Chad Tracy. Sometimes managers over think the whole platoon thing instead of just using your best player.

    in reply to: Danny Mac DUI #320081
    bicyclemike
    Moderator

    Paid - Annual

    Be tough to pair Danny with Skip, but you could make it happen with Chip. Or go to the radio side and have him work with Rooney.

    I like the teams we have now though. They do a good job. Would be fun to field a competitive ball club for those guys to call.

    in reply to: 2026 Wild Card and Division Series thread #320080
    bicyclemike
    Moderator

    Paid - Annual

    Oh, and am thrilled to see the White Sox advance and the Cubs drop out. That was a quick ending for the Northsiders. Both them and the Red Sox were thoroughly out-played.

    in reply to: 2026 Wild Card and Division Series thread #320079
    bicyclemike
    Moderator

    Paid - Annual

    I am rooting for the Bravos in this one, but won’t be all that upset if the Quaker’s advance. My mom was from Georgia so my uncles and cousins and all down that way are big Braves fans. And they have great uniforms. 😁

    in reply to: 2026 Wild Card and Division Series thread #319904
    bicyclemike
    Moderator

    Paid - Annual

    Most years the MLB playoffs are on services I don’t get, but I see tonight’s games can be watched on YouTube with a subscription. I don’t have such a beast, but the Lovely Lady Bike has a YouTube sub, so I will see about dialing up on her account and catch a few frames.

    in reply to: 2026 Wild Card and Division Series thread #319880
    bicyclemike
    Moderator

    Paid - Annual

    Think my top choice would be Brewers-White Sox, closely followed by the Guardians as the AL rep.

    I would also like a Brewers-Braves NLCS. The Braves playing some games in Milwaukee going for a pennant is kind of a cool time warp deal.

    in reply to: 2026 Wild Card and Division Series thread #319871
    bicyclemike
    Moderator

    Paid - Annual

    Until the Brewers show they can translate regular season success to the post season they won’t get the love.

    The Guardians do seem like a weak #2 seed, but they played their best ball the latter part of the season and might be trouble for anyone. Right now it seems the three East teams are the best the AL has to offer, but I am hoping the Guards or White Sox make it interesting. And I won’t complain if the Rays grab the pennant.

    in reply to: 2026 Wild Card and Division Series thread #319793
    bicyclemike
    Moderator

    Paid - Annual

    Go Sox (pale hose that is)! 😁

    Obviously Yankees-Red Sox is the prime time series, but I really want to see the White Stockings continue their turn around and win a series or two (or three…).

    Weird how MLB does the seedings as you would think both the Yanks and Red Sox are better than either Houston or the Chicago Americans. But if you are going to seed by power rankings then make the leagues each one big conference and have the top six make the post season.

    In the NL, I would like to see the Pads and Braves advance. Really, anyone but the Cubs. But I will say our local SABR group has an inordinate amount of Cub fans and they are all great guys, so I am happy for them that they have a good team this year as most of ‘em are older dudes who have seen a lot of bad baseball.

    • This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by bicyclemike.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 7,295 total)

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 25 years