Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
A darn good hitter in his prime who made 3 All Star teams and led the league in runs, hits, and doubles in 2013.
Best of luck, MARP!
OBP = Others Better Plate (me).
I’m not sure you understand…a team only has 27 outs. If someone reaches base, they are not making one of those 27.
Example: Joe Morgan only had a .271 BA. However, he was so valuable because he didn’t make outs like other players. His .392 OBP led to him scoring 1650 runs despite a relatively low BA for a first ballot HOF player.
March 20, 2025 at 11:40 am in reply to: Make your BOLD predictions for the 2025 St Louis Cardinals here!! #27780776-84.
I hope I’m wrong. But Cards will need a lot to go right in order to even break .500.
Been a Card’s fan since the 60’s…seen lousy teams and the great ones, along with everything in between. This team isn’t lousy, but it’s not very good either.
Really?
A career .240 hitter is incredibly valuable???
What is this…1962? Yes. He gets on base! Career .348 OBP. That’s typically top 15! His OBP this spring is .480…that’s number 1 in all of baseball.
If healthy he’s extremely valuable because he gets on base.
But he gets on base. A lot.
He also gets hurt a lot.
If healthy, he’s an incredibly valuable player.
Needs to stay healthy…but…when healthy he gets on base. A lot.
Needs to hit first or second and have hitters who can bring him home.
I believe Koperniak should not only make the team, but has earned a starting spot.
He crushed AAA pitching last season and has crushed MLB pitching this spring.What more does he need to do?
Maybe Walker should start the season in Memphis and prove he can actually hit before just giving him a job?
That’s a big “no”. Unless the plan is to trade him mid season to a contender for prospects.
Cards need to re-build & re-tool their entire farm system. They need to remember how to develop young players. This has to be the focus in 2025.
I think for years, Boras made millions for his clients and for himself. If I had been a player, he’d of been the guy I wanted.
But….
Things and times have changed. Players make sooo much money that money isn’t necessarily the deciding factor any longer. And that’s simply not how Boras likes to operate.
January 30, 2025 at 8:45 pm in reply to: Do you think Matt Koperniak will ever get a true shot? #275631Hard to say…I’ve never seen him play….but…if injuries hit guys like Noot once again, yeah, I think he’ll finally get his shot.
Well, without reading the article, I’d say the 6 man rotation is coming and will be the standard within 5-10 seasons.
Baseball has evolved since the days when Gibby would pitch 3 complete games in the WS in about 10 days!
Love to see Boyer get in. Easily one of the best 15-20 at the position in the history of the game.
Allen was a beast!
This is a tough one.
Our MVP has to be Helsley. Without him we may have been a 70-75 win team. He had an amazing season.
Runner-Up: Winn & Donovan.
Donny easily our best hitter and Winn our best all around player.I fully expect Marmol to be back.
I’d love to see Carlos Beltran get the job in 2026 (if not sooner).
By jettisoning Gray, the Cards are signaling their fan base that a full re-build, from the ground up, is in order.
I like it…
Sometimes a marathon runner needs to slow up for a while in order to win the race. Cards aren’t going to win in 2025 with Gray, so let’s see what he’s worth on the open market!
September 8, 2024 at 5:10 pm in reply to: StL 2024 Game #143 thread – Sunday, Sept. 8 vs. Mariners #266911If we’re going to lose, why not lose with young guys? Give them a shot and some experience.
I’m tired of watching old guys with no future get hit and hit hard!
September 4, 2024 at 6:33 pm in reply to: StL 2024 Game #140 thread – Wednesday, Sept. 4 at Brewers #266593Sonny needs a shut-down performance. Goldy needs to remain hot.
Let’s win this series!September 4, 2024 at 6:32 pm in reply to: StL 2024 Game #140 thread – Wednesday, Sept. 4 at Brewers #266592^^^^^^^
“Only”
September 3, 2024 at 4:21 pm in reply to: StL 2024 Game #139 thread – Tuesday, Sept. 3 at Brewers #266482Matz? Steven Matz?
I think I just threw up in my mouth!
September 1, 2024 at 2:12 pm in reply to: StL 2024 Game #137 thread – Sunday, Sept. 1 at Yankees #266242I don’t know…good or bad, lefty or righty….
Cards need to play Baker & Walker every day until the end of the season.
September 1, 2024 at 11:32 am in reply to: StL 2024 Game #137 thread – Sunday, Sept. 1 at Yankees #266217What does it say when Baker is hitting 2nd and Walker is down at #7?
I’m perplexed. Is Walker a future star or just another top prospect who couldn’t make it in mlb?
August 30, 2024 at 3:24 pm in reply to: StL 2024 Game #135 thread – Friday, August 30 at Yankees #266040Look, if Walker is on the roster, he’s got to play. Every game. Every day. Every night. Versus lefties & righties.
Come on, Oli…show some confidence in the kid and just let him play!
August 29, 2024 at 1:36 pm in reply to: StL 2024 Game #134 thread – Thursday, August 29 vs. Padres #265912Burly & Baker channeling Coleman & McGee?
Yes, they should do it!
In 2025 play & pitch the kids to see what we have and don’t have.No, they won’t do it. They’ll sign Jamie Moyer & Justin Turner and pronounce the offseason a success!
Good post.
August 28, 2024 at 7:00 pm in reply to: StL 2024 Game #133 thread – Wednesday, August 28 vs. Padres #265836Cards play sloppy baseball…that’s on Marmol. We were once a team lauded for our solid fundamental play. Those days are now history.
-
AuthorPosts
