SoonerinNC

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 777 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: 2027 TCN Community Top Prospect Voting Thread #320770
    SoonerinNC
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    I meant Josh but he is 2 so I go witgh Doyle for 3

    SoonerinNC
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    If there is a normao spring training I expect the
    cardinal to pick up two relievers and maye a starter who find themselves out of a big deal possibility and willing to sign or a yeaar. I do expect Santana to make the opening roster

    in reply to: 2027 TCN Community Top Prospect Voting Thread #320693
    SoonerinNC
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Baez #3

    SoonerinNC
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    BULLPEN HOLDOVERS
    Gastelum,Hjerpe, Graceffo, Bruihl, O’Brien, Soriano

    At least 2 Free Agents

    MOST LIKELY ADDITION

    Fitts, Rincon, Santana, Mautz

    OTHERS:Winquest, Molina, Clarke, Roby

    STARTER HOLDOVERS
    Laehy, McGreevy, Pallante, Mathews

    MOST LIKELY ADDITIONS
    Fitts, Molina, Franklin, Hjerpe and possably a May type free agent

    MID SEASON AND OTHERS
    Doyle, Franklin,Clarke

    • This reply was modified 5 days, 19 hours ago by SoonerinNC.
    in reply to: 2027 TCN Community Top Prospect Voting Thread #320195
    SoonerinNC
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    RR

    in reply to: MLB Labor Negotiations 2026-2027 #318014
    SoonerinNC
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    The owners deserve the union because of the way they treated players before free agency.

    I believe the union has had the upper hand due to fan support and better negotiators.

    The biggest looser is the minor leage players and the fans because of the cost of attending games.

    I watch two minor league Cardinal games at a time and I am shocked at the attendance at some games. I saw one yesterday where there were there no fans sitting behins home plate. I think ease access to majore league mgames on TV is a contributer to that.

    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by SoonerinNC.
    in reply to: JJ Wetherholt #318012
    SoonerinNC
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Ollie has been criticized before for letting players playing through injuries too much.

    in reply to: MLB Labor Negotiations 2026-2027 #317131
    SoonerinNC
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Most are on the players side. They celebrate their use of the market but the same people are very critical of equally uniquely talented for any amount over a million a year salary Plus the bonus and the perks.

    The third party no one considers is the fan. I used to go to gmes at a reasonable price, reasonable priced food and drink and reasonable priced parking. No More

    in reply to: Former Cardinals in the News (new thread) #317130
    SoonerinNC
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    I think Rasmus father was a major problem but I may be thinking of someone else

    in reply to: Rainiel Rodriguez progress report #317105
    SoonerinNC
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    I am all for Rodriguez at third. He woud fill a Cardinal need as does Jesus Baez. He has very quick hands and is more mobile than most catchers.

    I hope they send him to Memphis to finish the year. It would give him a good start for next year.

    ONe of the most importand things for a player is to make adjustments and Rodriguez has proven over and over that he does that very well.

    I feel that MLB and BA have him rated too low. That may
    change in their next rankings. I also feel that Jesus Baez is under rated by TCN.

    It appears that the new coaching team and system is working well. A lot of the top prospects are finishing strong.

    SoonerinNC
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Why did we pitch to De La Cruz? His run would never count. I thought thy were heading for the intentional unintentionable walk.

    Ane why use up the total bullpen in the first game. Any ofthem could have gone more than one inning in game one and that would have been a lot better than using Strzelecki for three innings in game two. I couldn;t believe he was out there for the 9th.

    Well I guess he almost got away with it.

    SoonerinNC
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Laehy and Pallante are pitching like top of roitation staffers. Good series. Good to se even Gas-
    fire-Lum get through a scoreless inning.

    SoonerinNC
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Smart move to pinch hit with a guy representing the tying run with an 0 for 22 recoord? now 0for 23>

    in reply to: 2026 Season Trades #315264
    SoonerinNC
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Mo went for high floor, Bloom goes for high cieling. Plus Mo did not apper to recognize where aa career level. Far too many acquisitions where a player wass on the downside of his career, and went further down as a Cardinal. St Lois media and team fans making Mo look better than he was. Of cours DeWitt could have caused some of tha. But Mo was better in his early years than his latter years. We will see hiw the angek gig turns out. The Adell trade will be a good insite.

    in reply to: 2026 Season Trades #315162
    SoonerinNC
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Is name of third player from the Diamondbacks available. Checked the other 4 guys and looks like Bloom is once again going for upside potnential.

    The Frias kid is very interesting. Little experience, 18 years old according to BB Encyclopedia. Very impressive numbers but all at the lowest levels

    in reply to: 2026 Season Trades #315158
    SoonerinNC
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Be interessting what Kyle and Brian say about the new guys Wednesday tomorrow morning. Suspect they will talk about Rodrigues as well. Would like to know why they stopped playing Luna and Rojas in the Dominican. They were both killing it. Possible cameo in Palm Beach next month and getting ready to bring stateside with visas culture and language etc?

    • This reply was modified 2 months ago by SoonerinNC.
    in reply to: Rainiel Rodriguez progress report #315028
    SoonerinNC
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Virtually no one is a slam dunk but he has shown a real ability to make adjustments and His bat is so quick and he is so strong that he is a strong possibility.

    At AA he had a few strong games then a deep slump, average below the Mendoza line then he began to hit again but mostly singles and doubles because he hits the ball so hard that any gap hit goes to the wall. Now he is hitting home runs again and has 16 for this year

    in reply to: Rainiel Rodriguez progress report #315001
    SoonerinNC
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    If he continues to improve I suspect he will get a dose of AAA in September. I hope he can play something besid catcher. He will get to the majors quicker something other than catcher. I would not want him to be exclusively as a DH. He is pretty athletic and has extremly quick hands.

    in reply to: 2026 Draft #314113
    SoonerinNC
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Since the draft was so late I suppose that only limited if any draftees will make thier debut this season

    in reply to: International Signings #314112
    SoonerinNC
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Does anyone know a source for DSL player stats. In yesterday’s game they played 6 players hitting over 300 and 3 with OPS of more than 1.000. Luna in limited play is over .400 with OPS of 1.577.

    in reply to: International Signings #314110
    SoonerinNC
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Does anyone know a source for DSL player stats. In yesterday’s game they played 6 players hitting over 300 and 3 with OPS of more than 1.000. Luna in limited play is over .400 with OPS of 1.577.

    what a relief from Mo’s quantity over quality

    • This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by SoonerinNC.
    in reply to: Buyers or sellers #313982
    SoonerinNC
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Romero for sure

    in reply to: Buyers or sellers #313973
    SoonerinNC
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    May
    Velasquez
    Soriano
    Nootbar only for a good prospect
    and get a real good prospect
    Pages
    Bruihl
    Stanek
    Mayb Pallante

    in reply to: Buyers or sellers #313910
    SoonerinNC
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    and which do you think Bloom is willing to give up

    in reply to: Buyers or sellers #313909
    SoonerinNC
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    key question. Who do we have outside of Winn, Weatherholt, Walker, and maybe Herrera would be considered valuable to a buying team.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 777 total)

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 25 years