CardsFanInChiTown

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 25 posts - 226 through 250 (of 1,805 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors – 2024-2026 #297829
    CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

    Free

    LA, I didn’t look for it, but I did do a run down with May and others inning projections(before any news).

    What that determined was they need two more SP(after the May signing) simply to cover innings and 2-3 LHRP. It might be ground hogs day before we have actual answers unfortunately.

    in reply to: Donovan trade thread #297828
    CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

    Free

    Harmony, short answer is yes. Position(s), consistency, supply and demand, much lower salary for a team that says they are headed to bankruptcy (see:De-lost-his-wallet). That not good at all SS for the Braves just got $20M!

    Sloan and Montes will cost the Cards Donnie and Jojo and maybe another piece to SEA, but it’s a win win for both sides.

    in reply to: 2025/Rule 5 draft #297827
    CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

    Free

    For business reasons, and Team control reasons I respectfully hope you are wrong Mud. Given the 2027 “up in the air”/“who knows” season I’m hoping zero of the guys I listed, especially Baez and Doyle are in STL at the end of 2026.
    Not because of results, because of not taking a chance at losing a year of service time.
    It’s a game, but…. It’s Monopoly and chess, not checkers
    .

    in reply to: Cardinals Sign Dustin May #297826
    CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

    Free

    There is a part of me that wishes for an all in guy like Dombrowski or heck, evenJocketty, but for the long term I think CB isn’t even close to the worst option.

    Can I please reevaluate this comment after the returns on Donnie, Jojo, Contreras and Nado are known?

    in reply to: MILB and MLB Injuries/DL Stints News and Updates #297824
    CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

    Free

    I’ve not been shy regarding my fondness of Roby and how I believe he’s quite important to the next truly contending STL team so something as simple as this keeps us a bit more knowledgeable. I hope AI is wrong and he gets some innings late in the season with a rested shoulder to be ready to fully build it back up in 2027.

    Injury: Tommy John surgery
    Date of Surgery: Around July 28, 2025.
    Previous Issues: Suffered from shoulder injuries in 2023 and 2024.
    Impact: Will miss the remainder of 2025 and likely all of the 2026 season, with a projected return in 2027

    in reply to: Minors 2026 rotations #297814
    CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

    Free

    Agree on Hence and Hjerpe BB, but with all of the LHSPers in the top 25 even, I don’t think that’s a good move with Roby just yet. Unfortunately that’s not an issue until 2027.

    in reply to: Minors 2026 rotations #297813
    CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

    Free

    Would it make sense to have a thread, maybe even one at the top(pinned), for “minors injury updates/progress?”

    They seem to pop up in various threads, but that could be helpful? Just a random idea.

    Example, anything we see regarding what is going on with Hence would be worth while, especially while we basically only have the MILB to root for the next 22 months.

    in reply to: Cardinals Sign Dustin May #297808
    CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

    Free

    BB, even before Donnie, Jojo, Contreras and Nado are moved, the total payroll including Gray’s 20 was at $103M. If De-Lost-His-wallet can’t spend at a minimum $125 I’m gonna become an Oakland, I mean Sacramento, I mean Vegas fan… 😎

    in reply to: Minors 2026 rotations #297800
    CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

    Free

    *Decent option/add to the STL rotation, not Memphis is what I meant above

    in reply to: Minors 2026 rotations #297795
    CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

    Free

    I’m still holding out hope they resign and throw Curtis Taylor into that mix as well.

    After trades this winter and before the deadline he could be a decent add to the rotation after a trade or injury. I like that option over rushing a younger prospect.

    in reply to: 2025/Rule 5 draft #297793
    CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

    Free

    Fingers crossed we have a HUGE debate over the Cards #1-5 prospects in 10-11 months….

    RR, Doyle, Joshua Baez, Leo B, #13 pick, #32(ish) pick, trade acquisitions are all very real possibilities that I’m sure we all agree is a great problem to have that needs a lot of discussing.

    Any long shot guesses on who could be a top 1-5 prospect other than the ones I listed?

    in reply to: Cardinals Sign Dustin May #297758
    CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

    Free

    There are at least 10 starters, and at least 6 left-hand relief pitchers that I see as potential fits, and if they work out, something to flip at the deadline.

    In sad news, my top target, LHRP Pomeranz is off the board.

    in reply to: Cardinals Sign Dustin May #297756
    CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

    Free

    CIF, that could also be the biggest bargain of the offseason in 10 months.

    Adding on, not rushing young guys until 2027 is more clear sure helps too. Doyle is a perfect example.

    Hope they sign two more just like this…

    in reply to: 2026 TCNs Top 50 Prospect Countdown #297728
    CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

    Free

    Church and victor are both LH light hitting CFers, given the current state of what the organization is trying to accomplish it makes no sense.
    What is the relevance of having them both? When there are so many teams that need a great defensive CFer?

    in reply to: Donovan trade thread #297727
    CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

    Free

    Right after I posted that I saw Luke Weaver got 2/22 from the Mets…. Good lord Jojo’s value just went up!

    Sloan and Montes for Donnie and Jojo actual seems fair now, especially for a very “win now” team with a strict budget.

    in reply to: Donovan trade thread #297726
    CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

    Free

    I was a huge fan of Anderson around the draft, but here are the reasons Sloan is a better option:
    Libby
    Doyle
    Mathews
    Hjerpe
    Mautz
    Henderson
    Clarke
    Davis

    Roby is really the only RHSP prospect, because after all this time, Tink has to be considered a late inning RHRP.

    Sloan and Montes for Donnie and Jojo is getting close to fair. Cards would probably need to throw in a sweetener….

    in reply to: Donovan trade thread #297688
    CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

    Free

    That Dos Equis guy might be the most interesting man in the world but the Mets front office is the most “confusing group” in the world. I would have bet a $2 bill Contreras was going to be traded there when Alonso signed with the O’s.

    Boston seems the likeliest now, but I’d gotten excited about Tong potentially becoming a Redbird.

    in reply to: 2026 TCN Community Top 50 Prospect Voting Thread #297669
    CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

    Free

    I appreciate the effort as well st25, great job sir!
    For what it’s worth I respect our rankings and Brian and Kyle’s over the “national” ones.

    in reply to: Donovan trade thread #297667
    CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

    Free

    Agree Grey,
    If you watched most games, there were not many butts in the seats or paying fans. They lied their backside off very often.

    They would announce 30,000, but zero chance even 20,000 showed up on a lot of nights. Baseball is entertainment and disposable income for folks, put a winning and entertaining product out there and we will show up again.

    in reply to: Former Cardinals in the News (new thread) #297666
    CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

    Free

    The Dodgers now owe over $1B in deferred money…. Wow. Edman is part of that which is why I put this here. Supposedly they “paid for Ohtani” and his $700m in year one.

    in reply to: Winter Meetings #297664
    CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

    Free

    GScott,
    they should covet getting guys to cover innings so they don’t have to rush Mathews, Henderson, Mautz, etc to STL.

    High upside guys that can be flipped if they are good AND healthy on 7/30/26 are a building block commodity….. any SP signing, RP signings, Noot, etc

    in reply to: Donovan trade thread #297662
    CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

    Free

    LA, (assume you live there) you gonna go support Arenado in his new Angels uniform?

    I saw Trout once at whatever name the White Sox stadium had at the time. Worth the price of admission just to say I saw him play, but Pujols was on the DL unfortunately.

    in reply to: Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors – 2024-2026 #297659
    CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

    Free

    C27, he can actually hit so he will be fine in LF. If Noot gets back he can play RF.

    2/10 with several incentives seems fair.

    in reply to: Donovan trade thread #297656
    CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

    Free

    Greyghost, I’d argue that they almost have to trade him this offseason.
    – No one on this side of Pluto thinks they have a shot until 2028.
    – I don’t want them to suck and lose 100 games, but don’t see a 2026 playoff run either.
    – Contention window opens in 2028
    – An extension from the Cards is not coming
    – He’s a FA and 31 in 2028 and the way he hustles makes a potential play altering injury even more likely
    – 2027 could be a lost season for all of MLB
    – cashing out now would be very foolish NOT to do

    My thoughts but all true unfortunately.

    in reply to: Winter Meetings #297638
    CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

    Free

    Nigel and Mud, do you believe NA sees a path to winning more than a long shot of a 4th place team in the next two years?

    He’s a legend, I agree with that 100%, but he likely wants to go to the playoffs again so take what they can (Manaea or $12-15m) and every person moves on better off for it.

    Him being motivated by a contending team could sure help him or anyone for that matter.

    I’ll bet a two dollar bill that he said at least 100 times to his inner circle, why didn’t I accept that trade to Houston?

Viewing 25 posts - 226 through 250 (of 1,805 total)

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 25 years