CardsFanInChiTown

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 25 posts - 251 through 275 (of 1,805 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Donovan trade thread #297637
    CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

    Free

    CIF, spot on, see (Reyes, Alex)

    TINSTAAPP

    Score 10 and give up 9, would be a heck of a lot more fun for fans overall and get butts in the seat, minus these defense addict folks.

    in reply to: 2026 TCN Community Top 50 Prospect Voting Thread #297635
    CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

    Free

    Looking at the final list and going through guys again, I personally undervalued Rincon, I formally apologize to him, his family and friends.

    Same with Hanson, I formally apologize to him, his family and friends.

    Clarke is sure a wild card…. Possible, to be in the electric SP mold, found a few videos, but so many questions. If another team finds value, adios.
    A) clearly can’t stay healthy
    B) can’t seem to hit a bull in the a$$ with a handfull of corn (fellow hillbillies will get that)

    in reply to: Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors – 2024-2026 #297631
    CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

    Free

    And 6th worse in OPS, none that were close made the playoffs FYI. You can miss a fly ball, but if you hit a 3R HR the next inning, you win typically.

    A crap team doesn’t need “good defense”…. Hit and then worry about defense

    in reply to: Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors – 2024-2026 #297629
    CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

    Free

    LA, they were also 2nd to last in HR’s…. Hard to mount a comeback if you can’t score a couple quickly.

    Especially for 2026, I could care less than zero about “defense”. You can not win a baseball game if you don’t score a single run. Undeniable fact.

    in reply to: Donovan trade thread #297628
    CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

    Free

    Regarding Woo’s post…
    The Giants prospects are exactly the opposite in what I’d hope for….. yet another LHSP and a light hitting middle infielder.

    Last time I checked they need the opposite of that unless they are immediately flipping them, 3 team trade immediately.

    Seattle seems like a perfect Donnie swap.
    Boston for Contreras.
    Jojo to highest bidder.
    Arenado bad contract swap for Manaea.
    Church and Crooks (combined) to the highest bidder.

    in reply to: Winter Meetings #297601
    CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

    Free

    JJ, you shed Arenado’s 19.5 + 15 the Cards owe as well? And they kick in the difference.
    I consider it a win since the Cards have to sign at least, bare minimum, one more starter. Hopefully one with upside.
    Maybe one that got Cy Young votes in 2024 perhaps?

    I’m confused what Donnie, Jojo and Contreras have to do with it? They bring back positive value, NA does not unfortunately.

    in reply to: 2026 TCN Community Top 50 Prospect Voting Thread #297591
    CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

    Free

    Given the sheer numbers of LH SP in the high minors I almost feel Roby is the one that’s needed to come back stronger than before, and he was on that path.
    Unfortunately, Hence and Hjerpe are extremely good-great BP guys at this point, until they prove us wrong.

    in reply to: 2026 TCN Community Top 50 Prospect Voting Thread #297589
    CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

    Free

    I’m in the middle of most of you on Clarke, I wouldn’t put him in the top 10, but top 20. That being said, if he is getting national recognition that highly, trade bait?

    Clarke – 15
    Pushard – 40 (mainly because he has no where to go but STL)

    in reply to: Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors – 2024-2026 #297587
    CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

    Free

    I know he sucks in the outfield, but at this point, I am pretty certain I don’t care as much about defense on a pretty bad team. But would prefer them to be respectable, will I be kicked off if I wouldn’t mind them signing Adolis Garcia for, a couple of million bucks?
    If I’m going to get banned. I retract that last statement.

    in reply to: Winter Meetings #297582
    CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

    Free

    $103M current payroll (Cots)
    -$18 Contreras
    -$10 Donnie & Jojo
    -$5 Arenado? Manaea trade
    $70M Total New Payroll

    $15 May (guesstimate)
    $3 Andujar
    $3 Pomeranz
    $2 LHRP
    $2 LHRP
    $10 SP
    $10 Another RHH OF
    = $45M in additions

    = $115m new payroll
    = $18M less than 2025 plus DeLostHisWallets charity funds.
    Disclaimer: My fingers are crossed for four extensions as well.

    Not sucking can be done, 75 wins could happen.

    in reply to: Winter Meetings #297580
    CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

    Free

    Defending my Arenado for Manaea idea:

    The Cards desperately need innings so vs just eating Arenado’s deal the Manaea idea (with them chipping in the difference or a decent prospect) is so they get something they desperately need.

    His projection is 100.0 innings and 4.23 ERA in 2026. Heck, that almost makes him the ace!!

    May, Libby, Manaea, McGreezy, Fitts and add another lottery ticket or two or three. Then leave Leahy alone and Pallante for blowouts only.

    It’s not great but 100% better than Saturday morning!

    Contreras, Donnie and Jojo plus $5M for Manaea is roughly another $33m in savings to add lottery tickets.

    in reply to: Donovan trade thread #297573
    CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

    Free

    I have no desire to add Cinjtje… and doubt they would even do Montes for Donnie, might be wrong but who knows.

    I’d still like Jojo packaged with Donnie or Contreras to get a potential star.

    As well as Church and Crooks since they are highly redundant and will only lose value.

    in reply to: Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors – 2024-2026 #297540
    CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

    Free

    LA, personally I don’t think Donnie alone brings back Montes, Cards sweeten it a bit and maybe get back a future BP arm is my guess as to what it would take.

    in reply to: Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors – 2024-2026 #297538
    CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

    Free

    I’m definitely warming up to the Miguel Andujar idea…. If he can still play the OF, not the DH. I have no clue how good or bad he is in the OF. Is he unplayable out there? Worse than Burly or Walker with the glove?

    I don’t dislike defense, but they need to score a few runs to have at least a shot at winning 63 games….

    in reply to: Winter Meetings #297506
    CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

    Free

    Actually very smart idea fellas…. Here is a perfect example for GScott and Bling…. Keep in mind the Cards desperately need SP innings, somehow and someway AND they have several 3B.

    Arenado-Cards $ burden in 26/27 $34.4M

    Manaea-Mets $ burden in 26/27 $39 or so

    If Mets kicked in 5M and it will fill needs for both sides, why say no vs “eating money”. That deal simply solves problem’s for both sides, aka, win win….. De-lost-his-wallet will have saved enough after Willie, Donnie and Jojo are shipped out.

    If anyone disagrees please reach me at 867-5309

    To add on, get them to kick in their money in 2026, because of the possible stoppage in 2027…

    in reply to: Cardinals Sign Dustin May #297505
    CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

    Free

    Jnevel, you are spot on with 40 man “subtraction” guys. Couldn’t possibly agree more.

    When im hired as the GM or Assistant to POBO I’m keeping Torres actually, and one of Fermin or Prieto and trading the other for a few international draft dollars….

    I’m still looking for an ideal fit for a Church and Crooks combo (quality over quantity fit) as well. I have zero negatives on either, they just don’t fit the team moving forward and that value needs cashed in. Before it’s gone (see Gorman, N and Walker, J)

    in reply to: 2026 Draft #297504
    CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

    Free

    If the Cards “contention window” is considered 2028+ the 13 & 32 need to be college bats that can potentially be a 3-6 order bat in my opinion. Not a dude possibly ready in 2031.

    Just no more middle IF or LHSP please!! Or Franklins…

    Carlson, Gorman, Walker….. case and point made there unfortunately

    in reply to: Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors – 2024-2026 #297503
    CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

    Free

    Montes I’m all for however, mentioned him previously, might take an add on though. Donnie and Church perhaps?

    in reply to: Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors – 2024-2026 #297502
    CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

    Free

    LA card fan, thank you for sharing and he’s interesting but not as a main piece for Donnie please. Seattle has plenty of others.

    in reply to: Cardinals Sign Dustin May #297496
    CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

    Free

    There are at least four guys that wouldn’t hurt to shed off the 40 man.

    in reply to: Cardinals Sign Dustin May #297475
    CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

    Free

    One thing to add on to his good upside, is not having to call up some of the guys up to cover the still lacking SP innings. Mathews, Mautz, Henderson can develop vs being rushed up.

    As of today, Pallante might still have to be in the rotation so pray for a couple of additional signings.

    in reply to: Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors – 2024-2026 #297468
    CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

    Free

    Can we all agree Jojo is to valuable to teams trying vs the 2026 St Louis Cardinals?

    Pomeranz is at the top of my “wish/hope list”.

    Any high upside LHRP’s that you guys have on your wish list that you would love to see on the Cardinals until at least the end of July?

    in reply to: Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors – 2024-2026 #297465
    CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

    Free

    I haven’t seen a thing in regards to the dollar amount. But regardless, I’m sure not unhappy about it! Find another guy or two just like this and 2-3 lefty BP guys and they have a very long shot to not suck in 2026.

    in reply to: Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors – 2024-2026 #297447
    CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

    Free

    Cards getting May!

    in reply to: Winter Meetings #297351
    CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

    Free

    They trade Crooks for maximum value for a very redundant player. Fingers crossed Herrera can stay there.
    Wasting a year or two of a guy that was on at least one top 100 list is like adding ice to Antarctica, it’s a nice gesture but helps nothing…. When they have no winning aspirations.

Viewing 25 posts - 251 through 275 (of 1,805 total)

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 25 years