Cards667

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 16 posts - 976 through 991 (of 991 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: 2018 Reg Seas Game #12 – vs. Brewers – Wed 4/11 #48417
    Cards667
    Participant

    Free

    They could send Brebbia to AAA and recall Kelly. Then send Kelly back out and recall another pitcher or activate Gregerson of hes ready.

    in reply to: 2018 Reg Seas Game #11 – vs. Brewers – Tue 4/10 #48275
    Cards667
    Participant

    Free

    “maybe by the All Star break we’ll make some trades”

    Yes. Hopefully to blow up this team and start over with some of the youth. Hopefully they can get a couple good prospects (3B and 1B??) to go with the pitching and OF and build something. I’m tired of a team full of supplement players hoping they can make it work.

    in reply to: 2018 Reg Seas Game #10 – vs. Brewers – Mon 4/9 #48164
    Cards667
    Participant

    Free

    As far as 4 or 5 man bench. I would rather run out of position players than I would pitchers. Also when they had a 5 man bench the 5th guy was used as sparingly at Mayers under Matheny. To me a bench of 3 versital guys who complement each other and a catcher is good. I really like versatility on the bench though. A guy like Munoz who can play anywhere, but hes got to put the ball in play.

    The pen management is a joke though.

    in reply to: 2018 Reg Seas Game #10 – vs. Brewers – Mon 4/9 #48158
    Cards667
    Participant

    Free

    Look around the league. It’s not just the cardinals. Most starters aren’t facing the lineup the 3rd time. Numbers prove it’s not effective. Wacha the 3rd time through shows the same thing. Lynn’s numbers FIP and K/9 were both deteriorating and he’s a fastball only pitcher on the wrong side of 30. It was probably smart not to bring him back as much as I liked him. I sure wouldn’t mind trading Wacha, finishing with Flaherty in his spot. Reyes replaces Wainwright in 2019 and hopefully having Martinez, Weaver, Reyes, Flaherty, Mikolas (and replacing him of they have to)

    in reply to: 2018 Reg Seas Game #10 – vs. Brewers – Mon 4/9 #48153
    Cards667
    Participant

    Free

    I don’t mind the 4 man bench. But the manager has to be smart about it. And the manager has to know how to use the 8 man pen. With starters only going 5 innings most games, the 8th reliever is good if the manager is smart about it. Which Matheny hasn’t shown the ability to manage the bench or pen and let’s Molina play 162 games a year.

    in reply to: 2018 Reg Seas Game #10 – vs. Brewers – Mon 4/9 #48147
    Cards667
    Participant

    Free

    My preferred line up
    Carpenter 1B
    Bader
    Fowler
    Ozuna
    Gyorko 3B
    DeJong
    Molina
    Schrock/ Munoz

    With prospects for Pham, Wong, Martinez, G. Garcia, Voit, Wacha, Norris, Bowman, Holland and blow this thing up like they should have last July. Get a true SS before 2019 to hit 2 or 3, moving DeJong to 3B, Gyorko to 2B, Bader to 8th in the order.
    This isn’t a over reaction to a poor start. This is an overhaul I’ve been calling for since early last year. To much redundancy, poor defense, and nobody putting the ball in play.

    in reply to: 2018 Reg Seas Game #10 – vs. Brewers – Mon 4/9 #48138
    Cards667
    Participant

    Free

    Anybody really still think this team is a contender?
    My prediction of 82 wins might be way too high.

    in reply to: Minor League Roster Announcements #47427
    Cards667
    Participant

    Free

    Is O’Neill healthy or still nursing the hamstring?

    in reply to: 2018 Reg Seas Game #5 – at Brewers – Tue 4/3 #47356
    Cards667
    Participant

    Free

    The only games they have won have been when Jedd Gyorko started. Get healthy!
    I know I’m new here but I will start my spread of the underrated Jedd Gyorko.

    in reply to: Pham speaks out #47318
    Cards667
    Participant

    Free

    Tommy is playing tonight like he was told to “F****** put up, or F****** shutup!!”

    in reply to: Pham speaks out #47306
    Cards667
    Participant

    Free

    He was always hurt and not an option. Which lead to looking other routes.

    in reply to: Pham speaks out #47305
    Cards667
    Participant

    Free

    I said at the beginning of the off season I would have traded him. Mostly because I don’t think he’ll ever produce near the level of last year, but I also don’t like his demeanor or attitude.

    in reply to: Pham speaks out #47292
    Cards667
    Participant

    Free

    Can you have imagined LaRussa’s reaction to this?

    in reply to: Minor League Roster Announcements #47255
    Cards667
    Participant

    Free

    Or Mercado? They said Randy Arozareana was going to AAA, where Bader and Garcia are too. Figured Mercado would be the odd man out to AA then. Don’t see enough playing time for 4 full time OF who need to develop.

    in reply to: 2018 Reg Seas Game #4 – at Brewers – Mon 4/2 #47181
    Cards667
    Participant

    Free

    Mikolas remind anybody else of Ryan Dempster a little?

    in reply to: 2018 Reg Seas Game #4 – at Brewers – Mon 4/2 #47159
    Cards667
    Participant

    Free

    New to the board here. I have viewed on and off for years, but never posted. Since MLB shut down the team boards, where I had been, I have decided to stat talking some baseball here.

    Gyorko looks in much better shape.

    I really thought today they might go with the better defense today with Mikolas on the mound, and not see Martinez in the line-up. But the way he’s hitting its hard to remove him. As for Martinez defense at 1B. I think he makes Matt Adams look like he knew what he was doing, and I coundn’t stand to watch Adams waller around in the dirt over there.

Viewing 16 posts - 976 through 991 (of 991 total)

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 25 years