2018 Reg Seas Game #11 – vs. Brewers – Tue 4/10

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #11 – vs. Brewers – Tue 4/10

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 109 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

RHP Carlos Martínez (1-1, 2.84) vs. LHP Brent Suter (1-1, 6.30), 7:15 p.m., FS Midwest/KMOX

PadsFS
    Participant

What a great game to get Martinez in. I do hope Bader gets to play at least.

PadsFS
    Participant

Jose Martinez I mean.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Given Jose Martinez was banged up last night, even if he doesn’t go on the DL, he might be given a day off. Or maybe he feels much better today. We will see.

NJ315
    Participant

Why is this a great game to get J. Martinez in? He has played most games.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Now that you mention it, Martinez has played every inning of every game this season – until the ninth last night.

He is also two for his last 18 (.111) over the last five games. That and the injury actually might make it a good time to sit one out.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Gotta do something about the anemic offense.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Gotta do something about the anemic offense.

Some of that is the early season cold weather. We came to life in Milwaukee, which is a more offense-oriented park with a roof.

I am not worried about the bats, other than maybe Carpenter. He is showing a downward trend in his career, to where his primary value has become drawing a walk. You need more than a “walk guy” in the 3 spot.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

He has twice as many strikeouts as hits. That’s alarming.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

I agree. As much as I like Carpenter and appreciate what he has done in the past, I fear this may be the beginning of the end. Please, oh please prove me wrong Matt!

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

If spring training is any indication, the offense did not perform particularly well then, either, ranking in the bottom third in MLB, while the pitching was fifth-best in ERA in MLB.

In the regular season, the Cards hitters are currently #18 in BA and #19 in OPS while the staff ERA is #16. Middle of the road stats reflect middle of the road results.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

With Fowler and Carpenter performing horridly at the plate naturally MM takes Pham out of the lineup.

PadsFS
    Participant

I meant that it would’ve been a good game for Martinez to play due to the LH pitcher on the mound, and it’s unfortunate that this is the game when he is injured. He’s batted against a LH pitcher just five times this year.

Bader, similarly, should be in the lineup against LHers whenever possible.

PadsFS
    Participant

gscottar

With Fowler and Carpenter performing horridly at the plate naturally MM takes Pham out of the lineup.

Fowler looked pretty good yesterday. Who plays 1B if you take Carpenter out?

PadsFS
    Participant

All of our 1B options other than Carpenter are hurt. Gyorko, Voit, and Martinez. I suppose they could move Molina there for a game, but that’s unlikely.

LoganAlpha30X7
    Participant

Free

I think that we’re already seeing the weaknesses of the team after only like 12 games…we need better players, maybe by the All Star break we’ll make some trades…

PadsFS
    Participant

Cubs’ Chatwood got rang up today by the Pirates.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

“maybe by the All Star break we’ll make some trades”

Yes. Hopefully to blow up this team and start over with some of the youth. Hopefully they can get a couple good prospects (3B and 1B??) to go with the pitching and OF and build something. I’m tired of a team full of supplement players hoping they can make it work.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Why is Munoz with the big team? He looks lost at the plate to me.

r/Rat

NJ315
    Participant

1-0 Brewers after one. Thames solo shot.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

I haven’t expressed how much I hate this line-up so Im gonna do it now. Carp should be moved to the 1 spot. The experiment moving him to the 3 spot has failed again and there is no sense in keeping up the charade. Having Ozuna (most powerful hitter on the team) in the 4 spot is wrong. TLR always had Pujols in the 3 spot to give him more RBI chances and thats what should be done with Ozuna but good luck getting that through Matheny’s head. DeJong hitting 2nd is hilarious.

NJ315
    Participant

At this point I am all for letting Carp hit first. At least the walks will be more useful.

NJ315
    Participant

we need a hit

forsch31
    Participant

Free

In the worst way!!!

And at least Wong breaks the no-no up.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 109 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.