2018 Reg Seas Game #5 – at Brewers – Tue 4/3

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #5 – at Brewers – Tue 4/3

This topic contains 55 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Onyxgem 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

RHP Jack Flaherty (0-2, 6.33 in 2017) vs. RHP Chase Anderson (0-0, 0.00), 6:40 p.m., FS Midwest/KMOX.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Looking forward to seeing how Flaherty fares in his first start of the new season. I think he could be a very solid pitcher for us. If things swing right, the back end of the rotation (Weaver-Mikolas-Flaherty/Waino) could be a place to pick up some wins on the competition. A lot of potential there.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I hope we don’t lose like the Dodgers did last night in Arizona. 6-3 lead, two outs, bases empty,
    bottom of the 9th, Jansen on the hill. He walks Goldschmidt, then walks the next batter, then BOOM – a three run homer and the game is tied 6-6! Arizona goes on to win it 8-7 in 15 innings.

Pugsley? You calling the game tonight? I am going to call this one 7-3 St. Louis with a ringing dong by Wong as the big blow of the game.

r/Rat

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Ratsbuddy Ratsbuddy.
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

On a side note, Giancarlo Stanton is 0-5 today with 5 strikeouts.

r/Rat

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Back to back jacks from Fowler and Pham, 2-0

858booyah
    Participant

Free

I watched about 5 innings of the Yankee game and didn’t realize this.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Ozuna’s two-run HR with 117 mph exit velocity. Cards up 4-0 in B3rd.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ozuna crushed that thing! 479 feet.

Flaherty looking good with 7 K’s through 3.

Keep it up, Cards!

Cardinals2016
    Participant

Free

“Ozuna crushed that thing! 479 feet.”

Imagine if he wasn’t injured.

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

not bad start for Flaherty, but would be nice if we could get 6 or more innings out of a starter…

Lets hope pen closes it again

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Lyons was just brutal but what was worse was the defensive positioning of Fowler on that hit by Thames. He didn’t need to be that far back! He was like 6 steps from the warning track for Christ sake.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Need some insurance here.

Euro Dandy
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Yep, Lyons’ stuff and location were not good tonight.

It’s been a good night until the last couple of innings cast a bit of a cloud. The bad AB by Wong the inning before to leave the runner on third hurt, as well as the puzzling double switch to eliminate Carp. Still, yet, Cards are in a good position to win if we can get a save in the ninth. Score is 4-3 in the top of the 9th.

Euro Dandy
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Atrocious job by the pen tonight. Here we go again.

GACard
    Participant

Free

Apparently it doesn’t matter who is in the pen.

Bw52
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Million man bullpen and still a loss.

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

Failure to try and score Yadi was huge. I know it would have been close but had very little faith in the next two to drive him in. Pitching Hicks yesterday in a 4 run game bit them in the ass. Would have been good to have him in there in the 9th. Oh well, go win tomorrow.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Avatar TexasCard.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Avatar TexasCard.
    bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Whoa, that was rough. But with this bullpen, we are going to have games like that. Hopefully Holland will bring some stability.

Euro Dandy
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

TexasCard, I had the same doubts on Wong driving Yadi in. I imagined flashbacks of TLR managing and having Wong squeeze him home. Of course with Yadi it would’ve needed to be a suicide, but I would’ve done it.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Euro Dandy Euro Dandy.
    858booyah
    Participant

Free

Who called those last 2 pitches? I really hope someone asks Matheny that in the post game.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

(Not so) Random thoughts…

So what’s the point in using Hicks back-to-back games if he can’t be used when needed? What’s the point in double switching out your 3-hitter? Why is Mayers even on the team when he’ll never be used? Why have an 8-man bullpen if you won’t use them?

858booyah
    Participant

Free

You have the 8 man bully because it appears the starters can’t make it to the 6th.

The double switches I have no idea.

I wonder if what goes through Matheny’s mind in late inning games is like the theme music from Benny Hill.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Anyone else care to explain what the hell happened to the analytics MM and Maddox where supposed to being using when making decisions? Like what in the actual hell did Leone pitch to Braun if they were supposed to be using analytics when making decisions? This is the incompetency that drives fans crazy. Its year 6 and MM is still making the same boneheaded and clueless pitching decisions.

CardsRedSox4Ever
    CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Leone with a good interview post-game. Admits his poor execution on those two pitches to Yelich and Braun. They need to forget this one quickly and move on. Holland needs to shore up this bullpen or it will be another season of losing in late innings after quality starts. Looking forward to Thursday and a winning record at home this year.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years