2018 Reg Seas Game #14 – at Reds – Fri 4/13

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #14 – at Reds – Fri 4/13

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

5:40 p.m., RHP Luke Weaver (1-0, 1.59) vs. RHP Tyler Mahle (1-1, 4.22), FS Midwest/KMOX

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I think we need to get this game thread up top, to the 1st page. I suspect this weekend is going to propel the Redbirds to a hot streak and into 1st place. Pirates cant keep it up and the Cubs will soon kick it in gear so there are definitely going to be some dog days this July/August. Just need to win a game at Wrigley next week in cool temps.

I’ll miss the game tonight as I am going to Jasper for the New Albany @ Jasper game. I am going to call this one 8-3 St. Louis. Wont be as easy since Votto will be back in the lineup tonight.

r/Rat

BlackHillsCardBlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

I gotta say I’m loving the earlier start times.

Participant

Free

Rats you’re from southern Indiana?

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m a fan of Weaver and the way he pitches. I think we should get the W tonight if we can push 3+ runs across.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

BHC, that is what playing games in the Eastern Time Zone will do for you.

Participant

I am not watching the game. Did Martinez really try to steal second? If so why?

grayssportsalmanaccgrayssportsalmanacc
    Participant

Free

not that im complaining but watching the game seems that mahle is certainly getting squeezed from almost every side of the zone

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

NJ, the speculation on the broadcast was that Molina missed a hit and run call, which is why Martinez was hung out on the steal attempt. Then Molina promptly went deep.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

grays, how could you criticize the great Angel Hernandez? 😉

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Unable to score on a bases loaded, no out situation. Fortunately for the Cards, the opponent is the Reds, which means more chances ahead.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Bases loaded no outs, and St. Louis does not score. Wong with a terrible AB – looked over anxious swinging at two pitches out of the zone. He could have been sitting 3-0, but popped up a 1-1 pitch. Weaver than hits into a DP.

Missed opportunities will come back to haunt you, especially when your bullpen is not so good. But so far Weaver is good.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

MM used the replay request to try to protect the no-hitter in B5th, but the safe call on the infield single was not reversed. Weaver is still dealing.

CardsRedSox4EverCardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

All on Wong that they didn’t score w/bases loaded. He needed to drive the ball to the outfield. Easier said than done, I know, but any pro hitter should be able to get the ball to the outfield against an average pitcher. Poor at bat, again, for Wong. And I think most of his few hits so far are bunts or infield singles.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Bats come alive! Molina off to a nice start. The guy is aging well, which you don’t say too often about catchers.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Wong comes back with a solid sngle to right in the 6th. Good to at least clear Weaver this inning and start the 7th with the top of the order.

Participant

Free

haha, didnt know it was angel but makes sense…where have you gone cb bucknor?

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Dexter violates the old adage “never make the first or third outs at third base”.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

….and just as I typed that, McLaughlin said the same thing.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

The way Weaver was going you hoped you could leave the bullpen with 6 outs at most. With our ‘pen in hitters park, this could be dicey. But then we might put a few more up as well.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

C.B. is still around. In fact, he worked the plate in one of the games in New York. A few years back, I had a chat with him in an airport lounge. (We only recognize the faces of the bad umps. The best ones are anonymous.) Anyway, he knows he is not well liked, but didn’t seem upset about it. Being from Jamaica, he has an accent.

Participant

Free

was joking about bucknor that was a little simon and garfunkel humor lol…

we used to joke that angel hernandez and bucknor must have had a time share together in the keys booked for every october…how in the world can two professionals be so questionable and keep their jobs? Oh yeah, the union : )

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Not sure what Ozuna was seeing. Flails away at two pitches just off the dirt to K with the sacks jammed.

No Holland in a save situation. Norris is on.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Two on, one out…the lead slowly frittering away. Really hoping that Norris can finish it off.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years