2018 Reg Seas Game #14 – at Reds – Fri 4/13

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #14 – at Reds – Fri 4/13

Viewing 14 posts - 26 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Where is our 14 million Closer?

Participant

Good win keep it going!

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The Cards turned it into a nail-biter, but escaped with a 5-3 victory. Save to Norris, win to Weaver. St. Louis improves to 7-7 on the season.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Whew! Good to win the tight game and get back to .500. Now to move a game over tomorrow.

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Cards667,

Yes, I am from southern Indiana. Why do you ask?

r/Rat

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Norris gets the called 3rd strike to close it. Had to laugh at Chris Welsh, Reds analyst, saying “That’s too high. That’s too high for a call to end the ball game.” — as if batters shouldn’t be forced to swing at strikes in the 9th with two outs and two strikes. FoxTrax had it as a strike on the edge of the zone. In fairness to Welsh, I didn’t watch much of the game and don’t know if that call was consistent with how the rest of the game was called.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Can’t take a close pitch like that with the game on the line.

BlackHillsCardBlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

I’ve been largely disappointed in many of Ozuna’s bats lately. He had a chance to make the lead a lot bigger there in the 9th and K’d. Too many bad at bats from him lately.

Participant

Paid - Annual

There was no consistency from this umpire. Even if the square is not accurate there were far too many pitches that were balls one time and strikes in exactly the same spot later.

Good game by Weaver. The thing for him is to throw fewer pitches per inning. A guy with his command should pitch more innings. In time he should learn to pitch to contact more.

I’m not worried about Ozuna. He will hit. Strikes out quite a lot but nothing new for him.

Good to see Munoz whack it. Would be good for him to platoon with Wong until Wong gets it together. He has been pretty worthless so far.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Ozuna currently has a 12-game hitting streak and is batting .302. Despite less power than expected, he is on pace for 104 RBI as I noted above. He has zero walks and his K rate is 28.6%, which would both be career worsts. (His career averages are 7% and 22.1%, respectively.) Of course, it is still very early. Perhaps he is pushing it a bit with his new team.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I liked the strike zone last night. It was pretty wide. I would much rather games being decided by players swinging the bat than being a ball four being called by a pitch a quarter inch off. And no, I was not a pitcher in high school. Or ever.

Participant

Free

Ozuna is going to have a ton of LOB with the three guys hitting in front of him. They are likely all top 5 in OBP in baseball for their spot in the lineup.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Good to see Munoz whack it. Would be good for him to platoon with Wong until Wong gets it together. He has been pretty worthless so far.

I almost think he should get some playing time and sit Carpenter. I want Wong in there for defense. Carpenter’s game is offense, and when he’s not doing that he is not worth much. He did seem to be on the ball better last night, so maybe he can come out of it and start hitting line drives.

When Gyorko returns, I would like to see Munoz play everyday at Memphis. But then Memphis has a nice infield now, so he would knock out probably Mejia or Wisdom from playing as much. Maybe you give Wisdom some work at first base. Nice problem to have though.

Participant

Free

Rats,

I was asking because I’m from the Evansville area. Played Jasper a few times back in the day.

Viewing 14 posts - 26 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years