mudville

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 3,449 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Retiring Umpires #312117
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    I’m pretty sure Chip Caray said the umpire for Saturday night’s game was a guy named Moreno. Is there any way he could be added to the retirement list, or at least prohibited from calling balls and strikes? It was embarrassing watching him. Thank goodness the players were able to maintain a sense of dignity.

    Please keep up the good work, Rat.

    • This reply was modified 3 months ago by mudville.
    • This reply was modified 3 months ago by mudville.
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Something like what happened with Liberatore is about what I expected. Yeah, he stayed in the game through the 5th inning. But he put down much traffic on the base paths that he could have gotten heavily scored upon in every inning. But somehow he cheated the devil each time. Libby will be a one or two inning reliever someday. I wish him the best.

    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Given May’s 4-6 record and 4.70 ERA, unless they want to unload his salary or make way for someone else, I see no reason to trade him. I see a Nootbaar trade as a gut punch. I don’t see who’s next up to replace Romero for the eight inning. But I hope he does well wherever he winds up. He!s been a life saver for the Cardinals many times.

    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    I agree that Fermin may not be the answer. In fact, it appears that he is definitely not the answer. But the alternative has not yet emerged. My apologies to those who favor Blaze Jordan. I just don’t see it that way. It’s up to Bloom to find us a third baseman.

    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Fermin is still learning 3B. We really don’t know if he’s a third baseman, or not. I, for one, am willingly to find out.

    in reply to: Former Cardinals in the News (new thread) #312039
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Woodford showed promise for the Cardinals at one. Good luck to him if he gets cut from the Cubs and winds up with another team.

    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Agreed. But they have to trade prospects. Losing Nootbaar, Ronero, and May could be gut punches.

    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Very entertaining game….again.
    Loved seeing Pages throw PCA out trying to
    steal.
    Loved the way Oli managed the game like it was a must win.
    Excellent defense….. and offense.

    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    And the Mets, with their $382M, MLB leadingpayroll, are in last place in the NL East, 16 games back. The Rays are dominating the American League East with their $113M payroll, only $8M higher than the Cardinals payroll.

    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    I think, if Pallante can ever consistently
    spot that knuckle curve he throws, it could get him some easy outs and let him go deeper into games. (I’ve been wanting to comment on that Friday’s game, but didn’t get around to it until now.)

    in reply to: Minor League Game thread – 2026 Week 15 #311894
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    That is interesting, ATM. I guess someone finally convinced Matthews that the name of the pitching game is ‘off speed, off speed, off speed’. We might be seeing him sooner rather than later. I’ve bee intrigued by how fast Matthews moved through his first year of pro ball since it happened.

    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    I think he’s got the CG shutout in the bag.

    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    This is some of the worst balls/strikes calling I’ve seen for awhile.

    in reply to: 2026 Players and Pitchers of the Month #311726
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Nice to see everything sorted out and organized. Eleven players who OPS’d .950 or above in June sounds good. But it’s hard to evaluate something like that without a standard of comparison. I am not asking that someone should figure out how many other teams had 11 players who OPS’d .950 or above. Just commenting.

    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    If there’s a third baseman that can be acquired, I think the Cardinals should really push hard to get him. I’v seen at least three balls roll right understand Nlaze Jordan’glove glove. Winn sees a ground ball headed for Jordan and runs behind him to get the ball in case Jordan can’t pick it up. We’d have been a lot better off we’d have kept Arenado. We are paying him anyway. But then, who would have thought Gorman was going to be such a bust?

    On another note, if they trade Romero, it’s nice to see that Gastelum, TCN Pitcher of the Month, can get RH and LH batters out equally well.

    If they trade Nootbaar, they ought to be able to get just about any prospect they want. Boston could use some outfield help and they like they are loaded with promising pitching prospects. The trouble is that the Red Sox are buried in the AL East, and might not want to trade.

    • This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by mudville.
    in reply to: 2026 Draft #311477
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    The Brewers haven’t picked higher than 17 in the last 5 years. Their system overall is just plain good. I think the Cardinals system is much improved and may be one of the top systems. As always time will tell.

    in reply to: Mo returns to MLB #311476
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    I hate to think of Yadi in any uniform but a Cardinals uniform. But I think it’s inevitable that he’s going to be wearing another uniform someday soon. Given the circumstances the Angels now seem most likely.

    in reply to: Roster Matrix #311474
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    All I had to do was open up my 2026 TCN Prospect Guide and, as Brian said, the fully detailed report was right there. I’m going to pull my Guide out and find out if there are any other Mason Molina types that have emerged.

    in reply to: Roster Matrix #311422
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    For me it has been as if Mason Molina came out of nowhere. So I decided to look up his history and post what I found in case there are others wondering where the Cardinals got him.

    Mason Molina came from the Rangers in a trade for Phil Maton at last year’s (2025) trade deadline. So he’s been with the Cardinals for a little less than a year. Maton was a very good reliever for the Cardinals and was just as good for the Rangers. Along with Mason Molina the Cardinals got Skylar Hales who is now is at Memphis and not showing much, 1-2 with 7.71 era and 1.98 whip. Mason Molina, OTOH, just got promoted to Memphis after impressing at Springfield. He was at the Rangers low A team when we got him, then finished the rest of 2025 at the Cardinals high A team in Peoria. In 2026, after only pitching 21 innings at Peoria in 2025, the Cardinals promoted him directly to AA Springfield, where he pitched 69 innings this year, 2026, before now getting promoted to Memphis. He turns 23 years old this coming July 8.

    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    We didn’t delete any of your posts, mud.

    Thanks for letting me know. I must have posted it on another thread.

    It is a trivial matter. I’m not going to put any more energy into it.

    • This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by mudville.
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Torres in the lineup is fine with me. I like him. He plays hard. But not at 3B. He is clearly not a third baseman. I guess Oli just wanted th throw him out there to see what he looked like. To me that signaled that Oli couldn’t care less about getting into a playoff game.

    PS – My previous post on this matter got deleted. I had reservations myself that someone might add more to it rather than what was saying. Thanks for the help.

    in reply to: Former Cardinals in the News (new thread) #311094
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    And he is collecting $20,546 per day for the entire 365 day year. The Rays are paying him $7.5M for 2026 and another $7.5M for 2027, this, after the Cardinals gave him $12M/year for three years.

    in reply to: MLB Labor Negotiations 2026-2027 #311034
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Call me a ‘company man’ if you must. But I really like the Owners’ proposals although I can’t see how it would all fit together. For sure, there’s going to be a work stoppage. History tells us that the owners will start wetting their pants over what the work stoppage is costing them and give in to whatever Boras wants. When you think about it, the Owners really don’t have much of a chance. They have to pay salaries for 350+ employees regardless if they are generating any significant revenue, while the players are millionaires with only themselves to support. And the few who might be feeling pinched can just move back in with their mom and dad during the stoppage.

    in reply to: Injured pitchers #310970
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Yeah, Ixan Henderson is in that same bucket. Rotation help is on the way but it might not arrive in time to get the Cardinals a playoff game.

    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Per Wednesday’s With Walton and Reis, Kyle thinks Hjerpe may be the top ranked prospect in the organization. The trouble is that he’s only been throwing 20 pitches per outing so far. Kyle thinks Hjerpe will be up to 40 pitches in about a month. So after 2, or maybe 3 innings, it becomes a bullpen gme.

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 3,449 total)

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 25 years