Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors – 2024-2026

Home › The Cardinal Nation Forums › Open Forum › Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors – 2024-2026

Viewing 13 posts - 1,451 through 1,463 (of 1,463 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #319295
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    I hate to say it, but I could see Alec Burleson getting traded, Silver Slugger Award, and all. He’s up for arbitration in 2027, so he’s about to get expensive. Secondly, they have to find a place to play Raniel Rodriguez. Rodriguez has had a few AB’s at 1B.

    #319301
    GameCard
    Participant

    Free

    If you hate to say something then don’t say it.

    #319302
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    What I really meant is that I hate to see Burleson get traded. Bernal is our catcher going forward, IMO. So then, I don’t see another way to get Raniel Rodriguez into the lineup.

    #319307
    GameCard
    Participant

    Free

    Let the Cardinals work it out.

    #320197
    14NyquisT
    Participant

    What would it take to get this guy from CWS?

    #27 Caleb Bonemer
    3B/SS
    Chicago White Sox
    ETA
    2028
    20 6′ 1″ / 195 lbs R/R
    Good speed-good arm-a lot of pop

    #320326
    Cardinals27
    Participant

    Free

    Is there a chance we’d be interested in Zac Gallen? Or is he done? 2 bad years in a row. He could be signed to an incentive laden contract. Much less than the May contract. The contract impasse may preclude any signings.

    #320352
    Cardinals27
    Participant

    Free

    It’s going to be interesting to see how our FO decides the starting rotation next year. First problem is the potential lockout. Do you sign a free agent knowing this uncertainty? Doubtful, unless younsign a minor league free agent. The next obstacle is the pitchers coming back from injury. Roby is still an unproven commodity. Fitts might be back mid 2027. Lastly you have to weigh value versus salary. Pallante and Liberatore are projected to make 12 to 13 million between them. That is becoming a large amount, but it would very doubtful you could find 2 cheaper starters. I think you have to tender Pallante and Liberatore while they stay productive and healthy. Hjerpe, Roby and Graceffo might be alternatives, but all have question marks.

    #320377
    Cards667
    Participant

    Free

    1)Herrera to SEA for Bryce Miller
    2)STL gets: 3B- Westburg (BAL)
    BAL gets: 2B- Marte (AZ), RP- Morrilo (AZ), OF- Scott (STL), RP- Rincon (STL)
    AZ gets: 2B- Holliday (BAL), SP- Liberatore (STL)
    3)STL gets: RP- Hoffman (MIN), RP- Joyce (LAA)
    LAA get: RP- Soriano (STL), SP- Gallagher (MIN)
    MIN gets: C- Pages (STL), UT- Fermin (STL)

    FA- Stanek
    DFA/NT- Gorman (Send him to LAA in the trade if Mo thinks he can still fix him)

    1. Wetherholt – 2B (L)
    2. Baez – LF (R)
    3. Burleson – 1B (L)
    4. Walker – RF (R)
    5. Bernal – C (S)
    6. Westburg – 3B (R)
    7. Jordan – DH (R) (1B/3B)
    8. Church – CF (L)
    9. Winn – SS (R)

    Saggese-IF (R), Torres-2B/LF (L), Pereira-OF (R), Crooks-C (L)

    Miller, McGreevy, Leahy, Pallante, Mathews(L)

    Fitts, Graceffo, Bruihl(L), Gastelum, Joyce, Mautz(L), O’Brien, Hoffman

    Doesn’t block some minor league guys, Free’s up the DH spot for Rodriguez eventully, better pen arms with more swing and miss they are looking for. I don’t like Baez hitting 2, but probably works the best in this case.
    I don’t know if these trades work, but just thinking about AZ wanting (needing) to move Marte and wanting a LH bat also and Baltimore abundance of 2B/3B and moving them around while filling some needs in STL.

    #320622
    Cardinals27
    Participant

    Free

    I think the Cards may sign a few minor league free agents at the high A and AA levels. That way no youngster has to be pushed.

    #320671
    forsch31
    Participant

    Free

    How about a Ivan Herrera for Jordan Westburg trade? Who says no first? Who should say no?

    #320696
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Interesting trade proposal. I think the Cardinals say no. Not quite enough power by
    Westburg, and I think they want to see at least another year from Walker before any trade considerations.

    #320710
    forsch31
    Participant

    Free

    Well, Mud, the other trade I thought about was Walker and Liberatore for Westburg and Bradish. I am not convinced on Walker with his showing after the all star break. However, we can’t afford to be without him in 2027, either. Unless, Ledbetter is ready.

    #320857
    LACardFan
    Participant

    Free

    How about a Ivan Herrera for Jordan Westburg trade? Who says no first? Who should say no?

    Both sides should say no. Westburg is a negative defender at third coming off elbow surgery.

    Baltimore would most likely want pitching in return.

    Walker and Liberatore for Westburg and Bradish.

    This would likely be a hard no from Baltimore.

Viewing 13 posts - 1,451 through 1,463 (of 1,463 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 25 years