Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
It sure was nice while he was effective. I want him healthy, and back in the bullpen. Second highest average fastball speed in the majors, and lots of outs, when he’s on his game. All of his fans are pulling for him, for sure.
I’m pissed that we lost this game, too.
I agree with you, CC. It doesn’t make sense that he could have so much success without movement and/or change of speed. OTOH, he’s pitching at AA. Also, I can’t find anything that says he has a secondary pitch that he can count on.
I wouldn’t want to give up some of our top prospects without an agreement in place, either. The good news, I guess, is that Machado does not have Bor-ass for an agent, so free agency is not a given. The bad news is that the Cardinals would likely have to pay the asking price that Machado’s agent lays down. There will probably not be much negotiating unless Machado and his agent would rather get a contract done a year earlier than the rest of the 2018 free agent class which is so loaded. Also, almost all of the big spenders are apparently already set at third base including the Yankees who have Torres to play third base for them, and that could give Machado and his agent, Dan Lozano, some motivation to get an agreement in place. Whatever happens, I don’t believe the Cardinals front office will do something that will hurt the organization in the years ahead. You can’t rule out any possibility, until its not.
I didn’t know where else to post this. But for what its worth, Adolis Garcia’s name is pronounced
ah-doh-LEES. I always thought his name was pronounced uh-DOH-lis for some reason. Heard it on FM 101.1 this morning on the Kevin Wheeler Show.I wish someone would talk about the movement on his fastball. Earlier this year I saw a comment that his fastball was coming in straight. Also, does he have a two-seamer? How much improvement on his breaking pitches? He doesn’t have a change up so far, I guess, and its a little late to start developing one especially if his breaking pitches are such a work in progress. No pitcher is going to have success at the major league level unless they have pitches with movement. I’m pretty sure that’s what makes Reyes the top pitching prospect in baseball.
I can’t see the Cardinals giving a 13 year contract for $320M to Machado like the Marlins gave to Stanton. But they might go beyond their comfort level like they did with Heyward. IMO, its arguable that Machado brings more to his game than Stanton does.
If the organization would be willing to take on a contract the size of Stanton’s, I’d rather see them make an aggressive move for Manny Machado. There is no indication that the O’s are going to sign him, so he might be available with the right package of prospects. With Knizner putting up the kinds of numbers that he is, its not too far fetched to consider including the best catching prospect in the minors as part of an offer to the O’s.
That is a good read alright.
I think I would switch Delvin Perez and Adolis Garcia. Maybe add Kramer Robertson as on HM. Regardless, this ranking definitely looks well though out. Nice to see Knizner take such a big jump.
Who wouldn’t love to see Stanton in St. Louis? The problem is that he has a history of injuries, and the last five years of his contract could be devastating to the organization. In fact, the Cardinals might even have to go into re-build mode after Stanton collects his 10 million dollar going away present, and leaves the organization at the age of 38. I’d be willing to bet that any mention of Stanton would be a non-starter in a conversation with either of the DeWitts.
His pitches are always up.
I’d still like to see what Wisdom could do playing 3B. But if we’re in a pennant race, it doesn’t seem likely.
Not long ago we were hearing about how Bruce Bochy is one of the best managers in the game. Now he’s not even making the Top 10 in the poll posted by Brian. Terry Francona was let go by the Red Sox in 2011 after winning two World Series. None of it makes sense, IMO.
I think this is the right move. Piscotty is clearly underperforming. Maybe he can pull it back together down in Memphis. There’s really not much sense in sending Grichuk down again.
The teams that were looking for pitching, weren’t looking for pitching prospects. They were looking for pitchers that would help them win now. The only legitimate trading chips we had were Lynn and Rosenthal. If we had gotten a fair offer for Lynn, he probably would have been traded. And, IMO, a fair offer for Lynn would have been something like what the Yankees got for Chapman last year because Lynn wins games. Rosenthal was getting really good again right before the trade deadline. And since that time, he has been one of the best closers in the game. Its a good thing we held onto him.
If I was sure the next manager would be better than Matheny, I’d say go ahead bring him in. But there’s no guarantee of that. Its not a sure thing at all. The best thing to happen, IMHO, is for MM to turn over a new leaf and start demanding that his players play to the best of their ability. That’s what leadership is about.
Looking good on camera, sounding good in an interview, being a father figure in the clubhouse are fine qualities. But leadership is about bringing out the best in your players and coaches.
August 6, 2017 at 12:55 pm in reply to: Former Cardinals in the News – 2017 to Aug. 2024 (closed) #29842Marco Gonzales starting for the Mariners today against the Royals. Game time is 1:15.
July 28, 2017 at 9:14 pm in reply to: Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors – 2017-2018 #28983Frazier can also play first. This trade makes too much sense to have a chance of ever happening, IMHO.
Disagree. Whatever is going on needs to be pulled out into the open so something can be done about it. If it all stays within the organization, all that’s going to happen, IMO, is that its going to get suppressed and covered over. Hayes and some of the others that work for the organization have already begun that process. If Molina and others don’t like the competition from the rookies, then they should say so. If they think that Matheny is interfering with them personally, then say so.
Just had the thought that Molina might not be bothered at all by the presence of Kelly. Maybe he, and the other players, just want to be treated like professionals, not like children that need nap time and a guardian.
I hope that the media personnel can get to the bottom of this. If somebody can clearly define what’s going on with Molina and other players, then some kind of correction can be made.
It is understandable that established players would not like challengers from the minor leagues, or anywhere else, pushing them. But it sure is something that will bring out the best in all of the players involved which is really what competition is all about.
In a perfect world the players who have already had plenty of fame and fortune would welcome and embrace the younger players seeking their own fame and fortune. And the game and the fans would be better off because of it. Too bad we don’t live in a perfect world. Its sad to see players being guided by their own self-serving interests rather than respect for others and respect for the game.
July 28, 2017 at 12:30 pm in reply to: Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors – 2017-2018 #28939Thanks, Dome. I hadn’t thought about it from that perspective. Definitely makes sense.
July 28, 2017 at 11:43 am in reply to: Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors – 2017-2018 #28933So here’s some speculation…
The Blue Jays had scouts at Memphis, so we have to think there’s a possible trade for Donaldson in the works…..Cardinals trade Flaherty or Hudson, plus O’Neill and maybe, Gant to the Blue Jays for Donaldson. (No pain no gain.)
Cardinals trade Lynn and Gyorko to the Yankees for Torres and Mateo.
It started raining last night at about 3 AM. There was a gentle rain going on until about 10 AM. Its been overcast all day. Looks like some more clouds are rolling in which could mean more rain. I doubt that the game will be postponed unless its for only an hour or two.
-
AuthorPosts
