Flaherty

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wonder what the deal is with him. I expected that he would piggyback with Gant today.

He was pulled pretty early in his last start even though it was bumpy. Then there was almost an immediate decision that Gant would replace him in the rotation.

He had a pretty good outing Sept. 6th. Hopefully he is not being shut down for the season because of a potential or real injury. Maybe innings limit.

One positive note is that his experiences this year are much like Weaver’s last year.

bccran
    Participant

He’ll be fine. He’s being introduced to MLB very carefully. He’s very young.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I expect Flaherty to be involved in the trade with Miami for Giancarlo Stanton. Flaherty, Piscotty, and Grichuk for Stanton.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

You must also think either Yelich or Osuna is getting dealt as well.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Well reports are saying Jeter and ownership are needing to cut salary.

SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Rats I will order a 10 gun salute for you if Stanton becomes a Cardinal. And a 20 gun salute if we get him For Flaherty, Piscotty and Grichuk.

bccran
    Participant

Knowing BDW, I’d be pretty surprised if he took on that kind of contract.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Yeah, no way Miami makes that deal, and no way St. Louis takes on Stanton’s contract. If I could get Stanton for Flaherty, Piscotty and Grichuk, I cannot make that deal fast enough. But it would be tough to fit that contract into the budget.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Most of the big spenders are already maxed out on their payroll. Some will be saving payroll space for the 2018 free agent class. Supposedly, only San Francisco and St. Louis, and maybe Philadelphia, have shown interest in Stanton. I think the Marlins have a mandate to get their balance sheet in order this year. They might have to take money back in order to move Stanton’s contract.

PadsFS
    Participant

Stanton to STL would be the greatest move ever for us. A game-changer

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.