Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
April 8, 2026 at 12:33 pm in reply to: St. Louis 2026 Game #12 thread – Wednesday, April 8 at Washington Nationals #304272
If we don’t light Miles up I’m going to be very disappointed
Agreed…he’s a bum
BTW everyone: I have been going thru TV, internet, telephone and modem issues all at once since the 1st week of the season. I can only get my Cards MLB highlights on you tube.
But It’s working today!
March 29, 2026 at 1:10 pm in reply to: St. Louis 2026 Game #3 thread – Sunday, March 29 vs. Tampa Bay Rays #303559I’m glad to see Matz taking a turn for the other guys
Me too, Dom! BTW has anyone heard from Pugs???
March 28, 2026 at 1:29 pm in reply to: St. Louis 2026 Game #2 thread – Saturday, March 28 vs. Tampa Bay Rays #303450Bling: Always nice to see Carter posting on the game thread
Nice to be back…but why is Winn hitting cleanup???
March 28, 2026 at 10:33 am in reply to: St. Louis 2026 Game #2 thread – Saturday, March 28 vs. Tampa Bay Rays #303446
March 28, 2026 at 10:31 am in reply to: St. Louis 2026 Game #2 thread – Saturday, March 28 vs. Tampa Bay Rays #303445ZTR: Fun to see the game threads again!
Agreed!
BASEBALL AT LAST!
August 8, 2025 at 12:57 pm in reply to: St. Louis 2025 Game #117 thread – Friday, August 8 vs. Chicago Cubs #289968I did not lose the faith in our struggling ball club, lust having PC trouble. I finally broke down and bought a laptop and it works damn good.
Now to see if the image problems are gone…

YES!!!
July 8, 2025 at 9:20 pm in reply to: St. Louis 2025 Game #92 thread – Tuesday, July 8 vs. Washington Nationals #286789Too late for this kid. Listen to the replay manyana.
July 8, 2025 at 8:40 pm in reply to: St. Louis 2025 Game #92 thread – Tuesday, July 8 vs. Washington Nationals #286781Check this one out…Dick Groat and Eucker with the usual Cardinal suspects at the writers banquet
July 8, 2025 at 6:37 pm in reply to: St. Louis 2025 Game #92 thread – Tuesday, July 8 vs. Washington Nationals #286769But it was a weak immitation of the Huston Astrodome, Dom. Except for the iron posts that often wrecked my view, I liked the old park on Grand and Dodier.
Quick story: Years later I visited the Boys club that replaced the old park. There was a little old man that greeted us at the door. He was telling my group about the club and his exploits as a boxer.
I really wasn’t paying that much attention to his story, but later realized the little man was Henry Armstrong,once holder of the lightweight, feather and welter belts simultaneasly!
He was defeated by Barney Ross when he tried move up to Middleweight. I had seen the movie about it, but didn’t know of Henry’s connection with St. Louis
OMG the stories he could have told me about Marciano and Robinson, et al! I really blew that one.
July 8, 2025 at 4:28 pm in reply to: St. Louis 2025 Game #92 thread – Tuesday, July 8 vs. Washington Nationals #286762I remember it as being a big event to help to jump start the new Busch Memorial Stadium
You betcha! It was St. Louis’ Bicentenial birthday and the completion of the Gateway arch as well
My grandma had not been to a ballgame since before the Brownies left, around ’47. I drug her out of the house to see the new stadium and man, when she saw the bird fly around the scoreboard after a homer she squeeled with delight!
She was surely St. Louis proud that day.
July 8, 2025 at 4:07 pm in reply to: St. Louis 2025 Game #92 thread – Tuesday, July 8 vs. Washington Nationals #286760Stengel what he thought of the new stadium and he said “well it holds the heat well.”
LOL that’s right GS! I remember that now 🙂
July 8, 2025 at 2:34 pm in reply to: St. Louis 2025 Game #92 thread – Tuesday, July 8 vs. Washington Nationals #286753Anybody here old enuff to remember the ’66 Allstar game? I remember that day as it was the hottest (101) and of course humid as hell. They had to order in dry ice lay on the color tv cameras!
I was in the add-on room of the house sweltering like a wet dog tuning in on KMOX when I has an idea. Our barber had A.C.in his shop! I sneaked out the house and went over and listened with a room full of geezers.
It was like a grand opening for Busch 2 and was the biggest crowd in Missouri sports history.
The 1st nine innings were awfully dull. All I remember is the 10th inning: McCarver leading off with a hit an Maury Wills driving him in.
Mr. Kane the barber, orriginally from Brooklyn hollered “the Cardinals and the Dodgers won it”
July 2, 2025 at 11:29 am in reply to: St. Louis 2025 Game #88 thread – Wednesday, July 2 at Pittsburgh Pirates #286285Baseball and brunch!

“WHAT AN EXPERIENCE!”
July 1, 2025 at 7:07 pm in reply to: St. Louis 2025 Game #87 thread – Tuesday, July 1 at Pittsburgh Pirates #286225You are right about the pitchers being off the hook for retaliation,Dom. As I remember tho’ they didn’t bean Bob Gibson. We need a fire-balling righty with a bad attitude like him or Chris Carpenter!
June 28, 2025 at 3:45 pm in reply to: St. Louis 2025 Game #84 thread – Saturday, June 28 at Cleveland Guardians #285874R.I.P. Dave Parker
June 28, 2025 at 3:04 pm in reply to: St. Louis 2025 Game #84 thread – Saturday, June 28 at Cleveland Guardians #285866The name has some sort of regional significance, kinda like the Padres being named for their grat Pacific Coast league AAA team. (no details known for me)
June 28, 2025 at 2:56 pm in reply to: St. Louis 2025 Game #84 thread – Saturday, June 28 at Cleveland Guardians #285863Cubs finally playing another really good team! 🙂
But it looks like Yelich is back on his PED’s after 2 seasons off of ’em. This is gonna be a tight 3 team race to the finish. I would be happy with a wild card spot at this point.
June 27, 2025 at 4:30 pm in reply to: St. Louis 2025 Game #83 thread – Friday, June 27 at Cleveland Guardians #285827And this guy on the left
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/26/51/51/265151cc73fa4c4f7fa90a35056ce3e1.jpg
June 27, 2025 at 4:26 pm in reply to: St. Louis 2025 Game #83 thread – Friday, June 27 at Cleveland Guardians #285826About a month ago I triviad the 4 HR game players. When I went back on a Thursday to check if anyone got it That day’s GDT was BLANK! A heading but no entries at all.
Anyway here’s the two not mentioned
June 25, 2025 at 7:44 pm in reply to: St. Louis 2025 Game #81 thread – Wednesday, June 25 vs. Chicago Cubs #285714Your recollection is right, Carter
Well, that’s a relief, but I remember them scoring within a stride or 2 of each other. That was something I never saw before or since!
June 25, 2025 at 7:19 pm in reply to: St. Louis 2025 Game #81 thread – Wednesday, June 25 vs. Chicago Cubs #285704Yesterday I was reminded of a memorable play from the past Click on this link:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Ozzie+smith+and+willie+mcgee+both+score+on+a+sac+fly
Am I senile? I remember 2 Cards scoring on the play but this vid just shows 1
June 23, 2025 at 8:13 pm in reply to: St. Louis 2025 Game #79 thread – Monday, June 23 vs. Chicago Cubs #285466
June 23, 2025 at 8:00 pm in reply to: St. Louis 2025 Game #79 thread – Monday, June 23 vs. Chicago Cubs #285454Bike: I’m surprised that you don’t know that Harry had an affair with Gussie’s pretty wife and was fired when it was devulged.
Harry was a hound! My many friend living on Dago hill on the near Southside knew all the Cardinal dirt thanks to Yogi and Joe Garagiolla’s large families!
June 23, 2025 at 7:13 pm in reply to: St. Louis 2025 Game #79 thread – Monday, June 23 vs. Chicago Cubs #285425LOL Robinson had a honker to rival Bill Cosby! Vada’s was more aquiline 😉
-
AuthorPosts
